Exhaust flow question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust flow question
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:59 AM
I'm looking to replace my stock exhaust. The likely pieces are Stan's 4-2-1 header (2.5" through the downpipe and cat) to the Thermal R&D catback(2 1/4" diameter). My questions are as follows:

1. Will I have a problem transitioning from a 2.5" downpipe/cat to a 2.25" catback?

2. Will the flange be the same bolt pattern or will a pipe reducer be required?

3. Will going from 2.5" to 2.25" hinder flow to the point of poor performance?

Please no "have a local shop fab up a catback" replies. There is only 2 shops within 50 miles that do mandrel bends and I really don't want to test the water. Besides, I think 2.5" all the way through would be overkill on a 2200, and no other company offers a 4-2-1 header for my pushrod. Thanks for any help offered.

"The J's weren't designed to be sports cars, the suspension sucks, the brakes are tiny, and the target market for our car doesn't need to be able to do any more than 65mph." - Shifted

A more accurate observation has never been typed. These should be the starting points before any serious performance modification. What's the point of making a serious performer if you can't control it's power?

Re: Exhaust flow question
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:31 AM
Anyone have experience with this situation?

"The J's weren't designed to be sports cars, the suspension sucks, the brakes are tiny, and the target market for our car doesn't need to be able to do any more than 65mph." - Shifted

A more accurate observation has never been typed. These should be the starting points before any serious performance modification. What's the point of making a serious performer if you can't control it's power?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search