comp cams 1.6 ratio roller rocker project - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
comp cams 1.6 ratio roller rocker project
Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:11 PM
I bought the Comp Cams 1414 1.6 ratio rocker arm kit. However, the rocker studs which I ordered through my local parts store (for an 88 2.8 v6, came in a Sealed Power box) are incorrect size. Does anyone happen to have a part number for Sealed Power rocker studs or at least a rocker stud that will work? Thanks!

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.

Re: comp cams 1.6 ratio roller rocker project
Sunday, February 20, 2005 7:50 PM
bump bump i really have to get this figured out

Sunday, February 20, 2005 8:06 PM
Finish filling out your Profile we could tell you more, or use the search button at the top of the forum.

Sunday, February 20, 2005 9:44 PM
Check out the sticky at the top of this forum. I belive all the info you need is on the second page.
Monday, February 21, 2005 6:22 AM
got it figured out, thanks guys.

Monday, February 21, 2005 8:32 AM
KC didn't mean to sound terse, but if I had that info on your profile, I could have gave you the part #s from GM, ARP and Crane Cams.

Monday, February 21, 2005 10:53 AM
Obviously either your dealer ordered the wrong part, or you told them the wrong part, since those are the ones that are needed.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 6:24 AM
does anyone have the part number for the ARP studs? i am almost positive I could get them cheaper than ordering them through GM.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 6:54 AM
This is the link for rocker install. The factory part number is in there.

Are you sure of what you're asking? As far as I know, ARP doesn't make rocker arm studs, only head bolts. The studs are like $3 each from the dealer, I don't know how you could expect to get anything cheaper.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:56 AM
James Cahill wrote:This is the link for rocker install. The factory part number is in there.

Are you sure of what you're asking? As far as I know, ARP doesn't make rocker arm studs, only head bolts. The studs are like $3 each from the dealer, I don't know how you could expect to get anything cheaper.

i figured since ARP made head studs, rod bolts, and everything in between they probably made rocker arm studs as well. oh well. i'll stop by the stealership later today and order my studs.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 3:34 PM
ARP makes rocker studs. In fact, thats the only kind I'll use

JLP
01' 5 speed Z <--- 03' 15.2 @ 90
79' Blue Monte <--- 03' 12.18 @ 110.86

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:35 PM
SeriouZ wrote:ARP makes rocker studs. In fact, thats the only kind I'll use

you don't happen to have a part # do you

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:53 PM
SeriouZ wrote:ARP makes rocker studs. In fact, thats the only kind I'll use

So they do! You learn something new everyday! But they're listed as a new item, thats probably why I didn't know about them.

KC Absolute Performance wrote:you don't happen to have a part # do you

Here is a link to the ARP rocker arm stud application guide. You want the ones for the 60 degree V6. And you will also need part #300-8241. Those are the locking nuts.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 5:55 AM
ok thanks, here's another question. is it absolutely necessary to order the Comp Cams valvesprings, retainers, and valve locks for the 1.6 ratio rockers and why? i have been told that it is not necessary.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:43 AM
KC The ARP studs are metric bottom but standard on top. You'll need to get a pivot ball from compcams to match whatever standard top you get from ARP i.e. 3/8 24 or 7/16. Also I was told that ARPs pema loc is not recommended for the compcams 1414. So that's what I was told at least .

hope this helps

sal
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 1:04 PM
KC Absolute Performance wrote:ok thanks, here's another question. is it absolutely necessary to order the Comp Cams valvesprings, retainers, and valve locks for the 1.6 ratio rockers and why? i have been told that it is not necessary.

I've never had any issues with any of the valvetrain after doing the swap. I personally don't think its necessary.

How much HP are you looking for when you finish building your engine? In my opinion, using all the ARP stuff is kind of pointless because you will do just as well with the GM studs.

Thursday, February 24, 2005 6:05 AM
ok, i'll just use the GM studs. My turbo W41 made 346 whp at 18 psi, fully tuned on 104 octane and 9:1 compression. however, with the LN2 powerplant I'm working with right now, I'm not looking at putting down anything over 250 whp after a rebuild.

Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:11 AM
Yeah, if its going to be pretty mcuh stock with the exception of the rockers, you will be just fine with the GM ones.

Thursday, February 24, 2005 2:38 PM
James Cahill wrote:Yeah, if its going to be pretty mcuh stock with the exception of the rockers, you will be just fine with the GM ones.

great thank you much

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search