New WAI Question.. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New WAI Question..
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 6:06 PM
i recently installed a new WAI in my 96 Sunfire 2.2L. I've noticed now, after driving it around for about a week, that my RPM's are generally higher than before. My idle is around 1200 as opposed to ~800. When i'm jack rabbit launching into the turning lane(yes, it necisary, i have maybe a second of opportunity before the turning green changes to all green and its impossible to get across the lanes, lol) my tranny waits till around 4~5k to shift whereas before it would shift at around 3500. and general cruising, when i am going from stop sign to stop sign, my RPM jumps up to 2800 or so with standard acceleration, where before it would slowly climb. Is this normal, or what? I've checked the IAT, and its hooked up. however, that lil nub that comes off the top of the engine, where the silicon hose is supposed to go into from the intake tube, thats off. i can't get the tube to bend right, so it ain't on. any ideas?

Signatures Are Silly....

Re: New WAI Question..
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 6:17 PM
Make sure your throttle cable and mechanism is not being touched by the intake. In my 04 cavy, it was at first and the car was idling real high. Just make sure that the throttle is clear of anything and couldn't get pushed on unnecessarily.

Thursday, February 24, 2005 6:22 AM
you are going to want to get a breather valve like pictured below because you need something there. that may or may not address your RPM situation, but it's quite necessary. you don't want oil spewing out of your valve cover.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Thursday, February 24, 2005 6:24 AM
KC Absolute Performance wrote:you don't want oil spewing out of your valve cover

Or anything getting in...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search