Should I use a higher octane gas? - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Should I use a higher octane gas?
Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:25 AM
mcnulty: i sent you an email with the price i can get. same exact thing i got adam. let me know.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:29 AM
ecotecpower wrote:YOU GOT THE HEAD INSTALLED AND DIDNT TELL ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad adam

I haven't seen you online since I got it installed otherwise I would have...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:31 AM
Ad1kTed 2 SpE3d wrote:
NJs Honda Killa wrote:By the way everyone, Saturday, I'm going to the dyno to get my SAFC retuned to the head so I'll give you guys numbers and I'll scan the sheet. Also, I will probably have a video of the Dyno taking place so keep your eye out for that.

Sunday, I'm going to the track and I'll give you guys 1/4 Mile times.

Adam What track are you going to?

I'm going to Atco Raceway on Sunday

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:28 AM
Now seeing as that head has alot of porting done on it and your using a stock head gasket with the same pistons your compression is going to be equal to or lower than what it was, the SAFC cant adjust timing only fuel assuming your perfectly tuned running the same compression your stock pcm is still programmed for 87 so you really wont gain any benefit by a higher octane unless your upping your compression or advancing your timing. Hopefully when the msd is figured out , I could hook something like that up for you and with it you can advance or retard timing

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:37 AM
I run premium in my car in the summer, P&Phead, hybrid cams, etc. Through datalogging I know that I get knock retard (5-6 degrees @ WOT in 3rd), so I definitely see a performance increase by getting rid of that, the car has better midrange (less lugging in a tall gear), and smoother, stronger top end when running premium. That's just my car though, every car's different. The only way to know if you need to run highter octane, is to see if you're getting any detonation, or knock retard. Believe me, if it didn't make a difference, I wouldn't be spending the extra money.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?

For Sale:
'01 SFGT springs $50CAN
Fidenza Flywheel '00-'02 2.4 (getrag) $300CAN(SOLD)
Getrag '00-'02 2.4 8000kms $800
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search