Making Muffler Quieter? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Making Muffler Quieter?
Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:55 PM
is there anything i can do to make my muffler quieter? i have an HP Racing muffler and i like the way it sounds buts i find its too loud in the lower rpms(like 3-4). its not so much that its loud, but it resonates into the cabin and gets annoying. at higher rpms it might even be louder but i dont hear it in the car so its not annoying to me. even passengers get annoyed sometimes ("is that your muffler? does it have a hole in it?"). i myself dont notice it that much cause i never hear it over the loud music, but with pasengers i dont turn the beats up. when i boughtthe muffler, it came with something i could insert into the muffler to quiet it down, but alas i put it in without screwing it down and the same day it flew out of my muffler. i wouldnt know where to buy just that piece. any help is appriciated

Re: Making Muffler Quieter?
Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:56 PM
now that i remember, i've even set off car alarms at 3-4 rpms. its not just too loud, its like vibrating way too much. definately annoying...

Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:00 PM
Purple Hornie Resonator, makes it a little deeper too.
I got mine from Summit Racing for 30$ shipped.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:38 PM
any resonator will do, tho one without obstructions would be better.

---

Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:39 PM
obstructions? what kind of obstuctions?

Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:18 PM
Some of the resonators I saw had little hooks hanging from the walls to slightly obstruct airflow for the purpose of sound. Magnaflow makes a resonator that is straight through... i think the sides are perforated if I remember correctly.

---

Friday, March 04, 2005 5:38 AM
Sounds like you lost your baffle :S Call the company and ask if you can get a new baffle for your muffler.

Beat it like it owes you money
Friday, March 04, 2005 11:39 AM
SomeGuy wrote:now that i remember, i've even set off car alarms at 3-4 rpms. its not just too loud, its like vibrating way too much. definately annoying...

LOL! sounds like my car.. have to admit its fun driving into an underground parking garage and booting it tho?
Friday, March 04, 2005 6:25 PM
yea, it is. lol. actually, its not annoying at night. i just noticed this yesterday, at night it sounds great. when its nice and cold it doesnt go as low and annoying as it does during the day when the sun is out(dominican republic. it gets real hot here, but nice and chilly at night). do mufflers get louder when its hot out?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search