Underdrive Pulley Overheat?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Underdrive Pulley Overheat??
Friday, March 11, 2005 4:56 PM
alright i have an 04 cavalier with the ecotec manual if it matters. anyways i just put on the rksport underdrive pulley and then drove like 20+ miles to pick up my bro. while i was waiting for like 10-15 mins the car was running sitting still and started to smoke. Open the hood and the dex-cool is pouring out of it all over the ground so i shut it off. the temp gauge was only like 10 degrees hotter than normal but the s*** was pouring out of it. My thought is that the underdrive pulley is making the water pump spin to slow to keep it cool at idle. Has anyone else experienced or know anything about this?? Just wondering if this is normal or if that is even what the problem is. Thanks for your help

My Sig Was To Big

Re: Underdrive Pulley Overheat??
Friday, March 11, 2005 5:42 PM
the water pump is chain driven

the only things driven off the crank are the a/c and alt

Friday, March 11, 2005 5:43 PM
I don't rmeber 100% for sure but I think I rmeber the water pump being driving off a chain in the timing case, underdrive pully will have no affect on it

Friday, March 11, 2005 5:44 PM
hahah you beat me to it

Friday, March 11, 2005 8:11 PM
yup

Saturday, March 12, 2005 11:11 AM
Well any ideas on what happened cause it has never done that until i installed the pulley. and yea now that i think about it there were only 3 pullies and the tension pulley. Thanks guys

My Sig Was To Big
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search