Crank pulley - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Crank pulley
Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:11 PM
I just got this crank pulley from e-bay and noticed its ALOT smaller, so of course I need a smaller belt; Does anyone know the size of the belt? It's for a 2.4 ('98')

Re: Crank pulley
Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:21 PM
you should need a belt about 2 inches smaller than the original.

just go to an auto parts store and ask them the length and then get one 2 inches smaller
Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:22 PM
It should be a 457K5 I'm pretty positive

yes it's a 4 cylinder
Sunday, March 13, 2005 2:43 AM
If you really want an answer, call RK Sport during the week and tell them you bought a pulley from them and want to know the belt size for your motor. I'm assuming its the same size as the RK Sport one.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:31 AM
anyone know what belt ill need for a 2.3 ho pulley?

www.fullerscustomshop.com

Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:37 AM
would it be the same as a normal 2.3 motor, its going on a 98z24 I dont know the size differance of the pulleys

www.fullerscustomshop.com

Sunday, March 13, 2005 11:47 AM
nada on the 2.3
Sunday, March 13, 2005 11:49 AM
I got the 457K5 and will try it out Mon. evening... I'll even take some pics so others can see how easy it is
Sunday, March 13, 2005 10:00 PM
good luck, and i need details of how it drives becouse i had the same one on my car and for some reason it wouldn't stop sqealin so i took it off after 3 weeks, so i put my stock stuff on and it still sqeals. so if anyone has eny info it would be really nice becouse that pulley made so much differencs i would like to put it back on.

Monday, March 14, 2005 4:49 AM
sqeals? If it's still sqealin it might just be the belt, try some good ol' belt dressing... I'm counting down the hours until after work so I can get started on this =)
Monday, March 14, 2005 5:22 AM
Hey, UDFxRookie, I have the same pulley for a 2.4 that I got from ebay, it will be going on when I swap the motor in a couple day. Keep us posted on how well it works. I also want to know if its balanced, like if it shimmies when the engine is running.

Monday, March 14, 2005 8:55 PM
i did use belt dressin for a while to help "break it in" but then it stop workin and all it did was make a mess in my engine bay.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:29 AM
You need to put grease on the pulley before you put it on... grease the backside lip part... not the part that fits on the inside by the key... but the part that will be touching the bearing
Here's before
Here's After:

No sqeaks or anything..just make sure you grease the shaft or you'll hit trouble later down the road.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:30 AM
Mind the mess behind it.... small oil leak, going in shop
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search