quick question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quick question
Saturday, March 12, 2005 12:47 PM
i have an s-10 with the 2.2l i was told to come to you guys to ask questions about buildin my motor....what would ya'll do...i want to do a complete build if you were me (19 years old making 3grand a month w/ minor bills) what would you do...parts accesories whatever fill me in i want this thing to be sweet im think buildin it then strappin like a 100 shot of nx on...thanx

Re: quick question
Saturday, March 12, 2005 1:01 PM
If it were me, I'd post in the "other cars" forum.

Tim

"Hey man is that a Cavalier?" "Yeah." What you got in it?" "It's stock." "Oh."
Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Saturday, March 12, 2005 1:56 PM
If it were me, I'd leave the engine stock, buy a decent lowering kit, and some nice rims, and call it good. Modifying a 4cyl. truck is a losing battle, especially one that is a perfect candidate for a small block V8 swap. Thats the only way you will truly be fast.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:47 PM
fair enough, i already have a 5/6 drop with chrome 18s n a bunch of other shiznit but i want a lil get up n go...n i dont have my license for the summer so im lookin for something to do, i love workin on cars n stuff n i figure buildin my engine would be something fun to do with all my spare time
Saturday, March 12, 2005 4:26 PM
i know a guy here in rochester that put air ride on his s-10. then placed a blown 350. he said that he was dynoed at around 600hp. also ive heard that they have kits out there to swap in an ls1. u may just wanna look into that.

this is my sig
Saturday, March 12, 2005 8:08 PM
Like others have said, go v8 or go home.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search