2200 RSM CRANK PULLEY - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 RSM CRANK PULLEY
Saturday, March 12, 2005 11:19 PM
Was wondering if any of the 2200 guys installed this yet. I just got mine and am about to throw it on, if anyone who put this on could write a quick "how to" that would kick ass. I imagine it should be pretty simple. Thanks guys.

Re: 2200 RSM CRANK PULLEY
Sunday, March 13, 2005 12:02 AM

Connect the dots.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:19 AM
whats going on the the 4th and 5th picture its hard for me to tell...

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies
Sunday, March 13, 2005 10:56 AM
Basically you need a long enough extension to clear the wheel well if you want to get at the pulley bolt.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 4:19 PM
if you click on it the pictures dont come up.... Too small of pictures...

Sunday, March 13, 2005 6:22 PM
oh i c looks kinda difficult to me...?

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:16 PM
Useless imageshat.

Jack up car

Remove passenger side wheel

Remove fender liner. I want to say 7mm bolts, but this was over a year ago, so I don't remember.

Remove pulley bolt with a long extension

It's on there good, so this is how I dealt with it.

Compare your new pulley to your old one. This one is from ASP.

Pully-less crank.

Installation is reverse of removal. Your belt mileage may vary.

You will probably have to jam a long screwdriver into the pulley holes to get some of the bolts off.

Originally posted by MSD

Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:33 PM
do you have to change to a different sized belt? and what about relieving the tension on the belt before removing the pully? that would be good right?

Monday, March 14, 2005 7:48 AM
the 220 crank pully is just lightened, not underdriven, as far as taking off the belt, after you take off the fender liner, you can see the tensioner, it is a VERY simple task... my ? is, i DO NOT want to get the 2200 crank pully from highrev! even though i am 100 miles from them, with there current troubles, don't want to deal with them.. anyone know of a GOOD company, that actually has customer service, that can ship them in a reletivly short time frame? thanks
Monday, March 14, 2005 1:19 PM
i want the cavalier connection pulleys where its the set of crank and alternator pullies, but they arent lightened they are different sizes, that set i know you need a belt that is 2 inches shorter then a stock one. and only 100 bucks for both pullies compared to 160 for the one crank pulley by rsm

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Monday, March 14, 2005 4:39 PM
thanks sirk

Monday, March 14, 2005 5:30 PM
i wonder which is better, maybe ill start a new post

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Monday, March 14, 2005 6:09 PM
they each have their advantages.. i tend to think, that paying the 160 would be worth the 60 extra bucks, to not have to worry about "finding a belt" and also added strain on your alt. just my 2 cents but i refuse to buy from high rev, and don't want to wait to get from rcm direct, so if anyone knows anyone selling the rsm lightened pully, post the site, i am interested
Monday, March 14, 2005 6:12 PM
i just want the one that puts more power to the ground

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Monday, March 14, 2005 7:16 PM
sirk798 . wrote:the 220 crank pully is just lightened, not underdriven, as far as taking off the belt, after you take off the fender liner, you can see the tensioner, it is a VERY simple task... my ? is, i DO NOT want to get the 2200 crank pully from highrev! even though i am 100 miles from them, with there current troubles, don't want to deal with them.. anyone know of a GOOD company, that actually has customer service, that can ship them in a reletivly short time frame? thanks

Dont know bout ne1 else but I got MY stuff from Highrev within two weeks. I dont know where they're located but I live in Northwest florida.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Monday, March 14, 2005 8:07 PM
they are just outside peoria il. when did you order yours? everyones been saying high rev has gone to @!#$.... so i'll just find it elsewhere, one way or another
Monday, March 14, 2005 8:12 PM
right now they are getting cought up n e thing they get is getting immediatly shipped out. as far as pullies they currently have none in stock, they go through those like water. try ordering it directly from rsm, since they make em they can probably send it out quicker.

Visit High Rev Motorsports for all your High Performance needs.

Visit RSM Racing for j-body superchargers, throttle bodies, and much more.

Visit Cobalt SS.Net and sign up to get the latest info on the cobalt and all other delta platform cars
Monday, March 14, 2005 9:17 PM
Eddie wrote:right now they are getting cought up n e thing they get is getting immediatly shipped out.

it isn't the fact that they are getting cought up, or ever got behind, it was there "avoid everyone" attitude, that i don't like, customer service goes a long way, but when you ignore problems, thats bad buisness to many people were just left hanging.. not knowing what was going on...so thats why i just choose to avoid any problems with them...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search