Port and Polish - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Port and Polish
Sunday, March 13, 2005 12:31 AM
I am really wanting to have port and polished heads and i was wondering if anyone knows ballpark how much it would cost to take it somewhere and have them do it. How much porting is to much? Does it affect reliabilty? Wat power range can i expect to get from them? Last is to those who have done it WAS IT WORTH IT?

Re: Port and Polish
Sunday, March 13, 2005 12:49 AM
If it matters i have a 2.4 Liter
Sunday, March 13, 2005 2:19 AM
In my personal opinion, it would be easier for you to go and buy a P & P head cause you also can get better retainers and springs which makes a big difference and they are flow benched. I think that it's better to do that than take your head off and have someone port it to some random size.

Check out www.jbodyperformance.com

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, March 13, 2005 5:11 AM
I'm gonna have to agree with NJs Honda Killa on this one. As we all know, js aren't the most popular cars, so assuming you take it to a shop to get it p&p, how much do you think the mechaninc will know about your engine?? I would think that it would be more beneficial to purchase a head from somewhere that knows what they're doing, plus the price difference would not be very great, because most places will have a core charge that they will pay you if you send them your old head when they send you the new one.

Tim

"Hey man is that a Cavalier?" "Yeah." What you got in it?" "It's stock." "Oh."
Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:15 AM
i was quoted around 500 from a local machine shop around here, but like they said who knows how good of a job they would do.

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies
Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:26 AM
im considering doing a ported head from www.jbodyperformance.com this summer. they're 2.4L head looks insane. I also want their adj. timing gears if they ever come out. there's a couple guys here who have their head.
Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:46 AM
Thanks guys the garage i would have do it is a local garage in pheonix AZ. They are really really good with imports cuz my friend had a new engine put in his integra and they do aaawesome work and they have some sick ass imports there. So i was thinking that they might know enough to do it? It is called[URL=www.importpowerhouse.com]Import Powerhouse[/URL]. So now let me know wat you think?
Monday, March 14, 2005 12:07 AM
Also no one mentioned if the port and polish was worth the money or the power they got from it. Anyone?
Monday, March 14, 2005 5:54 AM
i think that if i were to do a head i would go 1mm over valves with new springs and ti retainers with a good 3 angle valve job and I might have the new valves back cut with a good P&P

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search