2.4L Adj. Cam Gears - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4L Adj. Cam Gears
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 5:40 PM
i have a 96' 2.4 Z and have been looking all over for some adj cam gears but i cant seem to find any, does anyone know a good place to get some from at a reasonable price...thx

"sometimes the respect is more important..."

Re: 2.4L Adj. Cam Gears
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 5:45 PM
jbodyperformance.com has some, I called about them in early December and they said they'd be out by the first of the year. they couldn't tell me a price either.

View my MySpace
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 6:14 AM
yeah I'm looking to buy some in a couple of months. I'm gonna get cams, lifters, gears, timing chain, and water pump after I've been getting my hazardous duty pay for 2 or 3 months.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 6:17 AM
I'd be more pro-cam gears if our cars didn't needed to have the engine half disassembled to get at them. So the only way to tune on them is to put the cam gears in at stock timing, do a base run, spend half the day ripping the side of the engine apart, change the timing, dyno run, and repeat. Could take you two weeks to get the timing right, but at least by the time your done you'll be a pro at removing the upper motor mount and removing the timing chain cover, and changing the oil, lol

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:49 PM
Shifted (KickAzz) wrote:I'd be more pro-cam gears if our cars didn't needed to have the engine half disassembled to get at them. So the only way to tune on them is to put the cam gears in at stock timing, do a base run, spend half the day ripping the side of the engine apart, change the timing, dyno run, and repeat. Could take you two weeks to get the timing right, but at least by the time your done you'll be a pro at removing the upper motor mount and removing the timing chain cover, and changing the oil, lol

I had a idea of modifing the timing chain cover, so you could adjust the cams gears, but I have not found any cam gears, so stopped at that point.

FU Tuning

Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:32 AM
anyone else see the caption at the bottom of jbdoyperformances page about timing gears? made me laugh cause were waiting so long for these damn things. they are so slow at releasing this damn product. we want it!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search