Weapon R dragon CAI - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Weapon R dragon CAI
Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:21 PM
Well, I did a search, but found nothing. I'm thinking about ordering a weapon r dragon CAI, and was wondering if anyone has this intake and if so how they liked it. How is the quality/installation/performance/looks? Thanks.

Tim

"Hey man is that a Cavalier?" "Yeah." What you got in it?" "It's stock." "Oh."
Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04

Re: Weapon R dragon CAI
Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:21 PM
I have it, its NOT a CAI tho. Look at my webpage. I like it and a lot of people have it.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:31 PM
Not CAI? Is it considered a WAI or what?? I do like the way it looks though, no problems with installation at all? I know the guys with the secret weapons had a little trouble with fitment, at least a couiple did. Thanx for the reply.

Tim

Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:02 PM
yes its a wai (or short ram). i have one on my 2200. didn't have a problem with putting it on. looks good in there and gives it a nice sound. i'd post a pic and such but i see you have an ecotec so it'd be pointless for me to do so.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Friday, March 04, 2005 6:07 AM
I had one for my 2200 as well.. and it's a great intake and very simple. simple to install. it's and awesome intake to get for sound & performance, if you want CAI.. have a muffler shop weld you up an extention and drill out your airbox hole in the body.

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Friday, March 04, 2005 6:13 AM
I have and sell secret weapon intakes. They are short ram or WAI intakes. They are designed for exact fitment and I have had no trouble on any of the cars that I have installed it. In addition they also have given me the most performance gain out of any intake that I have installed. If you want any details about the intake feel free to contact me.

Asta La Vista OHV!! Defined Parts
Friday, March 04, 2005 6:16 AM
bump for a nice intake even though i don't have one... i got me a cold air

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, March 04, 2005 6:59 PM
Alright, thanks for the info guys. I'll be ordering it this week, I'm confident I'll be happy with it.

Tim

Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Friday, March 04, 2005 7:04 PM
just remember, a CAI the filter is behind the front bumper driver side. a WAI ends behind the battery

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, March 05, 2005 5:27 AM
99redz24 wrote:just remember, a CAI the filter is behind the front bumper driver side. a WAI ends behind the battery

Yeah, I know that now. I'm still learning a lot of stuff with this car. Every car I had before was v-8 carb so this 4-cyl thing is a little new to me.

Tim

Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:06 AM
weapon R sucks a fat one, evythign they make is crap

Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:04 AM
^^ well that's you're own opinion and you're free to have it, just like the rest of us are aloud to have ours .. I feel the same way about APC lol

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:05 AM
I installed the Weapon R Intake three weeks ago, pics coming soon, for my 1999 2.2 Sunfire. The looks are awesome. Performance is there, it makes a good sound. It replaces the filter box as well, so it goes straight to the throttle body. Great Mod!
Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:20 AM
The ECOnator (Encriptor) wrote:I have and sell secret weapon intakes. They are short ram or WAI intakes. They are designed for exact fitment and I have had no trouble on any of the cars that I have installed it. In addition they also have given me the most performance gain out of any intake that I have installed. If you want any details about the intake feel free to contact me.

I got my intake ( Weapon R Secret ) from Bryan , and IMO its the best intake ive ever had. I've had a crappy ebay intake , and a AEM. I'de suggest going with Weapon R , here's a picture if you want to compare looks ...

Sunday, March 13, 2005 6:13 PM
Well, I finally ordered my intake. I got it off of prostreetonline.com, should be here within a couple of days. When I put it on, I'll post some pics. By the way, where's the best place to buy the cleaning/oiling kit from??

Tim

Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:44 PM
Does anyone have a pic of the secret weapon on an ecotec? I'm curious as to what it looks like... Thanks
Monday, March 14, 2005 1:55 PM
ECOtecNMotion wrote:Does anyone have a pic of the secret weapon on an ecotec? I'm curious as to what it looks like... Thanks

probably the same as the dragon intake since the pic jersey kid posted of his secret intake in a 2200 looks exact like my dragon intake.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, March 14, 2005 3:51 PM
ECOtecNMotion wrote:Does anyone have a pic of the secret weapon on an ecotec? I'm curious as to what it looks like... Thanks

As far as appearance goes they look the same, except the dragon has a different filter. The secret weapon is what's in Jersey kid's pic. The dragon has like a "dome" shaped filter and the secret weapon has the cone filter, it's also got like 3 diff tube sizes or something I believe. Hope that helps.

Tim

Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:34 AM
Outside appearance of the Secret Weapon vs the Dragon are virtualy similar. I do not have any pictures of one installed on the ECOTEC so I am sorry I can not offer that to you.

About the multiple tubes yes the secret weapon has 2 tubes and that is part of the secret to how it works. There is one large tube that you see from the outside which slower air moves through and then there is another tube on the inside which is smaller and moves air at a higher velocity also placing the air dead center of the throttle body and in essence offers about three times the air flow than the standard intake.

From my experiences the Secret Weapon has a noticable difference in performance and if you are willing to spend the money is very much worth it.

scrawnywhiteguy wrote:Well, I finally ordered my intake. I got it off of prostreetonline.com, should be here within a couple of days. When I put it on, I'll post some pics. By the way, where's the best place to buy the cleaning/oiling kit from??

Tim

If you are looking to purchase a cleaning kit you can contact me at anytime. I sell all weapon-r products and that also includes the cleaning and oiling kits for their filters. The cleaning kits are $20 if you are interested.

Asta La Vista OHV!! Defined Parts
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search