Custom ram air.. what size piping? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Custom ram air.. what size piping?
Monday, March 14, 2005 7:43 PM
I am building a ram air setup on my 97 2.4........
What size intake tubing should I use to go from my front mount ram air filter all the way up to my stock tb? I will be getting a bigger tb and some head work latter but i just have the factory tb on for know and I will be ordering a header (undecided on what kind of header so any sugestions on that it would be helpfull too) on Friday. What is the best route for my tubing? If anybody has pics of there piping from the intercooler to the tb it would be helpfull. I am sure that it will run through the fender up behind the battery but I would still like to see some pics of what everyone else is doing. Thanks!!

Re: Custom ram air.. what size piping?
Monday, March 14, 2005 10:41 PM
dont do the wanna be turbo intake, it doesnt work as good as a good ole pipe and filter
anyways to answer u question, match the piping diameter to the TB diameter (2.5 inch)where they both meet up so that there will not be any turbulence. then after that do what u want, u can GRADUALLY step up if u want. u would get good throttle response but ur low and midrange might not be as good as if u just did a uniform 2.5 inch intake, therefore my recommendation is just get a 2.5 inch intake with a filter on the end, then drill a hole for the MAS and u got an intake. however if u plan an supercharging it then i would go for the gradual step up.

daily: 99 civic Si
deceased: 95 cavy '00 LD9 auto swap (vandalized)
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:32 AM
what do you mean "wanna be turbo intake"? I am running pipe up to my front bumper to a custom front mount could air intake!! So, 2.5" tubing all the way should be good? or should it get bigger the farther that it gets away from the tb up to 3" at my filter?

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:38 AM
the tb is 2 3/4" , for N/A you do not wanna go smaller than that

id stick with 2 3/4 or 3"

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:51 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]the tb is 2 3/4" , for N/A you do not wanna go smaller than that

id stick with 2 3/4 or 3"

thought it was 2.5 my bad

daily: 99 civic Si
deceased: 95 cavy '00 LD9 auto swap (vandalized)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search