What makes a Exhaust pop? - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What makes a Exhaust pop?
Friday, March 11, 2005 12:15 PM
no big deal

Friday, March 11, 2005 1:05 PM
i say run a straight pipe alllllll the way back and throw on a cherry bomb what's next after the popping......flame throwers

Friday, March 11, 2005 3:25 PM
you will have to run a cat no matter what. otherwise you run the risk of running to lean and toasting a piston but the less restriction the more the popping
Friday, March 11, 2005 9:01 PM
It is unburnt fuel going into the exhaust like Darkstar said. That is why it does it worse when it is cold. You are in open loop and the mixture is overly rich to make up for the lack of sensor input. God forbid that you are serious about wanting that sound, but if you do, there are a few ways you could get it. First of all you can get it a little worse by putting a higher octance fuel into the tank. The stock ignition system will not have enough energy to burn as much of that as it may be able to a lower octane fuel. You could also raise the fuel pressure by either leaking some of the vacuum right before the fuel pressure regulator or installing an adjustable one. A piggy-back fuel computer is a more expensive way to get the sound but at least you would be able to undo it at the push of a button.

What direction does the water spin when you flush the toilet?

Cardomain|Myspace

Friday, March 11, 2005 10:17 PM
Zack Herny wrote:you will have to run a cat no matter what. otherwise you run the risk of running to lean and toasting a piston

...... uh yeah.......

LMFAO if you say so hahahahaha

Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:55 AM
Darkstars wrote:
Zack Herny wrote:you will have to run a cat no matter what. otherwise you run the risk of running to lean and toasting a piston

...... uh yeah.......

I was with come buddies last ngiht who are into car... I told them your comment there about 5 of us wh got a good laugh out of it

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 5:36 AM
man the are some mad e thugs on this post.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:25 AM
Darkstars wrote:

...... uh yeah.......

that is so bad it is not even funny he needs somebody to school him bad

see ya!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:47 AM
i have the exact same problem with the popping sound only i want mine to stop popping. what could i do to stop it.

thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search