side exhuast.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
side exhuast....
Friday, March 11, 2005 9:57 PM
ok-dint know where to put this-so if its wrong....put it somewhere ulse

i wanna do side exit exhuast on my car....cut the side skirt out and put a chrome tip there....(right in front of the rear tires)
now on the driver side, im almost positive i can do this-no problem.....ill either haveto get a very small elongated muffler (almost like a resonator) or just go straight pipe-thats the most work ive seen yet as far as the driver's side is concerned....however-the passenger looks to be a real pain....as the gas tank isnt notched out here...
now, my question is (for ANYONE out there that has even remotely done or even tried something in this manner) are my only 3 options these: take tank out and get a cell-put in trunk, or put a tunnel in the passenger rear floor pan....or have it hang REALLY low....???

opinions...slander, wtf/e i wanna hear it all....
debating wether or not to just do the driver side.....but it would make me feel better and i think would even it out if it had it on both sides....
thanks all

Black 97' Z24
Blacked Out and Lovin' It...
"Z Yaaaa"

Re: side exhuast....
Saturday, March 12, 2005 12:08 AM
may wanna check your local laws if this is your daily driver. In NY the law states that the exhaust cannot exit under the passenger compartment(hence the reason pickups can have it before the rear wheels).
also i had dynomax bullet mufflers on my car andi used 2 of em figuring 1 would be resonator and one act as the muffler and it was way too loud and that was exiting the rear i couldnt picture it coming ot by my door.
my opinion is why not go thru the side of the rear bumper so you can use a standard muffler and stay legal... just my 2c

Saturday, March 12, 2005 12:12 AM
Ever been in a car with side pipes? Hope you enjoy the stench of exhaust in your face at every stop.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:29 AM
i dont care. i want side exhuast, you dont see it on tuner cars, you just dont.
i want something no one else has....so im going to acomplish this

Black 97' Z24
"Z Yaaaa"
Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:52 AM
been done, search for it I forgot who had it

Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:48 AM
vtech power wrote:Ever been in a car with side pipes? Hope you enjoy the stench of exhaust in your face at every stop.

I have never had the stench of exhaust in my face LOL. I have it on my car and never have the fumes from my car traveld from my rear wheel to my window and into my face LOL.
Those cars may need a tune up instead.
On mine I went 2.5 with a highflow cat, some type of crappy resonator and a magnaflow. The resonator helped alot in lowering the noise. It is liveable but I think I may go back to regular pretty soon.
Just not really likeing it much anymore.
I have no clue on how to run it out the passanger side. It has been talked about but it looks like it would be so many bends and crap that the thing would hang and drag all over the place. Hell right now mine drags sometimes cause I had to go get the pipeing ran. Some dip @!#$ must have been practicing how to bend pipe on mine LOL. It is only 2 bends really and somehow it turned into like 5 LOL.
Well good luck with it. Hope you can actually get it done.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:36 PM
hmmmm i dont spose u have a pic of the side of ur car WITH the exhuast out the side do u? lol...could u get a pic of underneather? plzzzzzz

Black 97' Z24
"Z Yaaaa"
Sunday, March 13, 2005 4:29 AM

There is a pic. My underside ones suck ass so none of those unless you wanna go on my cardomain and look at them. The ones on there are not up to date.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:44 PM
ZspeedCav, your exhaust is hands down the coolest on this org. DONT CHANGE IT. It looks clean and looks like it belongs there.

Perhaps a muffler from a haybusa would help your space issues?
Monday, March 14, 2005 12:15 AM
I love it!!! I agree with crazy dude dont change anything!
Monday, March 14, 2005 8:05 AM
I have it on my Camaro, in front of the passenger side. NY hasn't yelled at me yet

But, loud (no cat), and I am taking it straight out the back again. Just because of clearance issues with where it is right now, the trouble getting inspected with no cat, and all that....

Am I reading that right, in that you want to have DUAL exhaust on your cavy? Are you planning on splitting it off right after the header or cat? I imagine by the time you get to that point, it'll be quite the bending fiasco getting things to get where you want them, and to clear, especially if you live in an area with speedbumps lol.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 7:11 PM
omg...that has got to be the coolest thing ive ever seen! :O
exactly howd u do ur exhuast (from the head to the tip)
my car what im planning on do is this...
4-1 rk sport ceramic header
2.5" mandrel bent downpipe/HFC
2.5 pipe to the bend under the gas tank, right out the side.

im going to have the xhuast shop flange in my cat, and make a by-pass pipe the same size and flange it as well...that way i can take the cat off and put the by-pass pipe in, BUT...the pipe is going to be a muffler

Black 97' Z24
"Z Yaaaa"
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 7:15 PM
thanks for the compliments guys but I still plan on getting rid of it LOL. It is just too loud now. Long trips suck with it hahaha. I gotta debate it some more.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search