turbonator? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbonator?
Monday, March 14, 2005 1:18 PM
I just logged on and seen this "turbonater" link in the corner of the log-in page.
Has any one tried this thing. It just looks like a scam to me. I've seen a few of these electric superchargers B4, but I'm not buying into it.

AEM Intake /Pacesetter headers/ cat back

Re: turbonator?
Monday, March 14, 2005 1:20 PM
SCAM
Monday, March 14, 2005 1:27 PM
It is, and Dave, the site owner, doesn't pick and choose the ads, they are provided by google (most of them anyway). So yeah, its a scam, don't buy it.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 14, 2005 4:26 PM
it makes a good paper weight. or a weapon if you want to throw it at someone

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, March 14, 2005 5:38 PM
WTF I have 2 and they are awsome, i can beat corvettes no problem after installing my twin turbonators

Monday, March 14, 2005 8:01 PM
yeah i actually heard the plastic shavings that get in your engine increase horsepower by 50%...
Monday, March 14, 2005 9:34 PM
Darkstars wrote:WTF I have 2 and they are awsome, i can beat corvettes no problem after installing my twin turbonators

Monday, March 14, 2005 9:40 PM
its in my JBO profile it must be true

Monday, March 14, 2005 10:26 PM
Don't wase your money man. It will do NOTHING. At least nothing good. My buddy wasted his money on one,and his car seemed a tad slower actually. That thing probably just interupts the flow or some thing.

Tim

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
"Hey man is that a Cavalier?" "Yeah." What you got in it?" "It's stock." "Oh."
Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:31 AM
I sent Dave a note about that earlier this morning.

I believe that he can exercise some sort of control over the ads, but I'm not too sure on that. I think he can prevent certain companies from advertising on the site so I sent him the info on that one.

I'd hate for people to think it was somehow endorsed by the JBO.

Don't buy one. It's a scam.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:23 AM
....dont even worry about buying one of those. back in my "newbie" days from the old rk website (about 4 years ago), i actually bought a spiralmax (same deal). What a waste of 75 bucks. Put your cash towards a bigger tb, just installed my 59mm rsm piece, works great (kinda idles lumpy, though, lol).

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:50 PM
darkstars: your profile is hilarious

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:47 PM

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 5:26 PM
twin turbonator....LMAO...are they sequentail?? not gonna blow the welds on your intake manifold are they??

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 5:54 PM
I strenchthen the weld with some sheet metal screws so should be alright

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 8:58 AM
Hey guys just reading your views on the tubinator, an the gains on thoose are minimal, the problem being is they are trying to mimick forced induction the whole reasoning behind forced induction is pressure a turbo or supercharger does not just blow or suck air, it pressurizes it and the size of fan and moton on thoose turbinators does not give enough pressure to really do anything @ best you will get 1-3 hp but then you have the risk of fan blades getting stuck somewhere, a TB, catback, or exhaust would be a much better buy
My thoughts anywho
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:29 AM
A true electric turbo can be done but it will draw a few Hp. You only need a good mind to figure it out. you'll need some $$ too.

The prolbme is that electric motor rev around 5-10k rpm. The turbo turns at 100k. You'll need to gear the hell out of setup. You'll need to put like a big wheel on one side and one alot smaller on the other side but you'll need to use a few gear. Like 5-6 conversion to get to 100k.

IE: if the electric motor run at 5k and you have a gear let say of 52 theets and a smalle one with 26 theets, you have a shaft turning at 10k. then on that shaft you put a big gear (52theets again) and you put another small gear but on another shaft. You're now at 20k on the output shaft. So you need to do it again to get higher Rpm. So you do the same thing 2 more times and you can get the same Rpm as a turbo.

You would need a real turbo compressor houning and wheel and a machine shop to do a shaft that will take the gear and turn the Compressor wheel.

I would try it but I don't have the $$ to do it now plus I have a real turbo.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 3:51 PM
ok this is rediculous, under no circumstances is an electric forced induction gonna be worth it, to the guy that said you would get minimal gains... no you wont, you wont gain @!#$, unless blowing more air it isn't gonna anything, the engine can only take in so much air, unless the air is actually pressurzied your not gonna do anythign o make power.

and there is an actual electric turbo charger that is out and does work, problem is you get a small gain for somehting like 30 seconds then have recharge the batteries (which is like 6 car batteries or somehting rediculous) the amount of wieht in power suply for it makes it useless

anything for forced induction that is powered by voltage is not gonna do anythign except waste your time and money

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 5:24 PM
Explain to me why it wouldn't work if you spin the compressor wheel, let say a T25 compressor wheel in it's housing, at 100k with some rotating mass.

The compressor wheel/housing is made to build boost so what you need is spin it at 100k what nobody did other than the real electric turbo company. Once you spin the compressor wheel at 100k rpm it is suppose to build boost. Same thing has a supercharger. Something turn the compressor wheel around the same Rpm has a turbo. Only thing different would be an electric motor running it.

Explain to me why it wouldn't work.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 5:48 PM
Mfk-223 wrote:Explain to me why it wouldn't work if you spin the compressor wheel, let say a T25 compressor wheel in it's housing, at 100k with some rotating mass.

The compressor wheel/housing is made to build boost so what you need is spin it at 100k what nobody did other than the real electric turbo company. Once you spin the compressor wheel at 100k rpm it is suppose to build boost. Same thing has a supercharger. Something turn the compressor wheel around the same Rpm has a turbo. Only thing different would be an electric motor running it.

Explain to me why it wouldn't work.

It would work, you both are arguing the same point. Point is for your setup to work MFK, you would need a bank of batteries to drive a high torque, high speed motor and gearbox. The gains are trumped by the added wieght.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 5:55 PM
^^^ exactly

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:01 PM
ok I understand now.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 7:11 PM
No you don't have any idea, JimBobsAutoSport.com is releasing a new intake manifold that lets you hook up one of these turbolators to each cylinder, that is 4x the horsepower, and since there is four of them working together in synchonization you can add another 50 whp to the top of that number. Just remember you will need to updgrade your alternator to one which you can buy at autozone off a 350 smallblock, and you will need a dual battery setup, and make sure you turn off your neons and snakeyes when you hit the turbo switch!
Mfk-223 wrote:ok I understand now.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 7:21 PM
yeah the joke is dead already....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search