intake mani & exhasut size - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
intake mani & exhasut size
Monday, March 21, 2005 7:17 PM
im right about ready to do exhasut, its will be completely full. i was wondering if the rsm ported intake manifold and throttle body are enough of a reason to go with 2.5 inch pipes instead of 2.25? if anyone has any coments or suguestino id like to hear from ya, thanks.

Re: intake mani & exhasut size
Monday, March 21, 2005 7:22 PM
the rsm ported intake manifold is nothing you cant do. all they do is dremel a lip off of where teh tb connects to the IM. you can do it your self in a few minutes. dont spend 200 for them to do it.

are you going forced induction? if so, then you want 2.5 or larger. if not, then you want no more than 2.25

Land Pirates sail the open roads
DISCLAIMER: If anything I say offends you, I don't care..wear a helmet. Also, the information
I post is what I know to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong, please correct me so that
others as well as myself may learn.
Premium sinc 6-17-04
Monday, March 21, 2005 7:27 PM
so is even doin the dremal work worth anythnig? or would i be better off jsut worrying about throttle body size?
Monday, March 21, 2005 8:45 PM
TB size will give you the most improvement, so i would concentrate on that. But, dont go overboard, 59mm is probably the biggest you want to go unless you boost than 62mm would be more appropriate. If you get a TB you will probably have to bore out the inlet a little to clear the throttle blade.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search