What Headers for 02 eco? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What Headers for 02 eco?
Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:15 AM
Hey,

I have a question. Im looking for a header to put on my car. And ive heard alot of different talk about differnt kinds. Im trying to see what kinda would give me the best performance . I have a 02 cavy ecotec 2.2L With rksport cat , muffler , intake , bigger throttlebody, and lil other stuff. And if anyone can give me a link to a website with the header on it. I would really appreciate it..

Thanks,
Brandon

Also people said 4-2-1 is better and then 4-1 is better. what is the diff and what would be better on my car?

Re: What Headers for 02 eco?
Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:19 AM
Also how hard is it to install them? what do i have to take off the engine to get them on? besides the stock manifold or whatever.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 10:29 AM
I went with the Pacesetter header for the ECOTEC. I haven't had a chance to install it yet though. I had heard nothing but good things about this header. With the Weapon-R and the RK Sport header, I had heard that there was a problem with it hitting the steering rack or something on the 02s. I have been told that the Pacesetter was an easier install also. For some more info, check out this post this was a guy who had the Weapon-R header and switched to the Pacesetter.

Sunday, March 20, 2005 12:06 PM
remember if you go with pacesetter, which is a great header, if you get the painted one, before you install it, strip the paint and respray it with high temp paint, and don't use pacesetter's gasket, use a gm part

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Sunday, March 20, 2005 1:47 PM
where do i get the GM gasket for the header? Do i have to order it from them>
Sunday, March 20, 2005 4:25 PM
Dealership should be 23 bucks anything more they are ripping you, I have the Weapon R on mine we used different gaskets not the ones which came with it and no leaks at all, fitting it in was a bit of a pain you have to loosen the mounts and pull the motor foward to fit it in place, also you will need to extend the 02 sensor wiring which tends to make it run rich for some reason

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, March 21, 2005 12:33 PM
With the pacesetter header do i have to lift the engine at all or take the mounts out? or will it just bolt right up? WHat things will i have to do to get it to fit?
Monday, March 21, 2005 1:31 PM
it will slide right in , with a little wiggling

and reuse the stock gasket

get the coated header its the best and easiest way to go

Monday, March 21, 2005 1:54 PM

my weapon r looks pretty, but it was a pita to put in. if i was buying a header now it would be the pacesetter
Monday, March 21, 2005 6:00 PM
I hear also that DC sports is making an eco header Im not sure if its out yet though

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, March 21, 2005 6:27 PM
http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2002_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Coupe_2.2_16v.aspx/2/1876/_Headers_Pacesetter_Armor_Coat_4_into_1_Header

I dont understand that. If my manifold is behind the engine how does that header fit. If you look at it. If you bolted it to behind the engine the piping that runs down would run out to the front of the car? i dunno im really new at all of this. I just want someone to explain it to me . sorry for the troubles guys..

Thanks,
Brandon

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 5:04 AM
generic picture is why
this is what yours will be like

except for chrome instead of black

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search