Forged SS or Redline internals BS? - Performance Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Forged SS or Redline internals BS?
Monday, April 18, 2005 5:54 AM
So what are these infamous forged internals that Cobalt or the Redline is running, everyone is saying forged, but I don't see it coming from GM.
I know it is not true.
Prove me wrong NE1??

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Re: Forged SS or Redline internals BS?
Monday, April 18, 2005 6:04 AM

You have to remember there are several types of "Forged". Powdered metal forging is not the same as Billet forging...

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Monday, April 18, 2005 6:20 AM
^ Exactly, our stock internals are powder forged, doesn't make them any better

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, April 18, 2005 6:41 AM
um yea
http://media.gm.com/division/2005_prodinfo/powertrain/engines/05_car_engine_specs.html#lsj

Whats so infamous about forged internals the LSJ (2.0 Supercharged Eco for those of you living under a rock) has been out for over a year. This isnt new information. The motor is a destroked L61 with some engineering to accomodate boost, many of the redline guys with the bypass valve mod run 15psi with no problems at all, weakest point in the 2.2 eco is the connecting rods, that problem is solved with this motor not to mention the refinements that make it even better no reason why you couldnt run 20 psi or more on this engine if you kept the air fuel ratio right. The head gasket goes at 400hp that was the next thing after the connecting rods in the L61. So basically you could replace 1 part and run close to 400 without breaking anything on the old motor which wasnt really made for boost, the new motor is made for it, think about that

Do some research before you make stupid comments

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, April 18, 2005 8:08 AM
I have been living under a rock, right.
Well I have only had this Eco for like 6 months and am already pushing way better numbers than yours, so what does that make me, stupid?

Man as hard as I am trying right now to refrain myself from going off at you Rodimus, I find what you wrote very offending, and I can care less who took a crap in your Cheerios.

Monday, April 18, 2005 9:27 AM
Your comparing boost with an NA car , try better next time

Monday, April 18, 2005 9:35 AM
Quote:

many of the redline guys with the bypass valve mod run 15psi with no problems at all,

?? please explain.
Monday, April 18, 2005 9:45 AM
It is your problem for wanting to stay slow, so I don't even have to TRY TO BEAT YOUR ASSSSSS.
How bout them apples??lol

Monday, April 18, 2005 9:55 AM
Theres a bypass valve on the Eaton chargers basically you reverse some of the vacum lines and it bumps the boost up to 15, the instructions are on the mustang cobra websites of how to do it, check on redline forums those guys have had the motor the longest and know its secrets best and what it is able to do with certain mods. Shameful it is that the Cobalt SS is the only one making news and that most parts companies are overlooking the redline, I wouldnt expect the redline to be around for that many more years its simply been not successful in trapping the tuner market that it was designed to be aimed at. Let us hope the cobalt is not as much a failure

Monday, April 18, 2005 10:13 AM
ill side with rodimus on this 1 , your way outta line on this 1

all the good internals are in the 2.0 sc motor , which a saab turbo motor basicly

and any of the parts for the eco in the performance parts catalog are avaliable

so QUIT smoking that crack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, April 18, 2005 12:27 PM
Hey JDM bull @!#$ Cavi, you offended me just now, but I want to tell you one thing, it is kinda hard to stay away from crack, because it is so god damn addictive you can ask your girlfriend she smoked out with me the other night.
Damn she was high as hell.

Anyways, why is it always that some other A--wipes talk crap when I didn't even talk to them to begin with.
JDM, ah?? What a joke.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search