Changing Spark Plugs. - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Changing Spark Plugs.
Thursday, May 12, 2005 7:55 AM
IF you have not looking to spend a lot of money AC delco's are fine especially if you are just stock. I have been from Stock AC delcos to Bosh single and +4 now back to AC Delco (stock plugs) and my car is doing fine if not better than the Bosch.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, May 12, 2005 11:50 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:with boost irridium is a no no

so thats why cars with 12+ up to and over 30PSI run irridium?

theres a reason denso lists, the heat ranges so you can get hotter or colder ranges.

saying iridium is a no no with boost is like people saying you cant run high compression and boost, thats a no no....

Both are full of crap.

you can, however you have to know WTF you are doing and get the right supporting parts.

same goes for the plugs. do more research matt, cause right now you are just spouting out random BS.

HKS powered cars use em
http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=730

also heres a guy running a 350BHP supercharged porsche
http://www.968s.com/engine2.htm

i have a bunch more links if need be.

pretty much iridium started to be used in high boost applications where platinum plugs were failing early. iridium being stronger and harder is more resistant to higher pressures and temps in the combustion chamber.

so please, dont speak on things you dont have a slightest clue on dude. get out more and see more or even research more, if you did you;d know more about iridium plugs.

Quote:

Mylife75
Today 10:55 AM

IF you have not looking to spend a lot of money AC delco's are fine especially if you are just stock.

definately agreed. iridium isnt needed, although nice, ac delco are what came with the car for a reason.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 12:23 PM
event what do you think about this type of plug?
gimmick?

http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/

looks like it must be worth something

Thursday, May 12, 2005 12:41 PM
theL61 wrote:event what do you think about this type of plug?
gimmick?

http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/

looks like it must be worth something

probably can be useful in some degree. its kinda like a split fire where its supposed to "enchamber" the spark and create something similar to a jets ducted fan engine out the top upon combustion. but also to the sides.

seems gimmicky, cause with the cage that it creates that can possibly limit the combustion (orange in the pics on the site) a small bit.

its similar to U adn V groove single ground electrode plugs of today. just more grounding area.

not exactly like the +4s cause all three prongs are connected.

would possibly be worth a try. this is supposed to elevate the V and U groove technology to another level.

for the most part, people will only need a single ground electrode spark plug though.

last time i saw that site though i cant even remember what materials in full it was made from. anyone wanna be a guinea pig?

Thursday, May 12, 2005 12:52 PM
id do it but they didnt have plugs for the eco app last i checked

Friday, July 22, 2005 8:46 AM
SO WHAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE. im replacing my stock ac delcos in my z24 1998 cavy 2.4 liter with other plugs and wires, i know to go with accel 300+ wires but what plugs to use?
Friday, July 22, 2005 1:12 PM
you have a 2.4
you dont need wires because the engine dont have any

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, July 22, 2005 2:03 PM
oops sorry i just upgrases from 2200 to the ld9, still learning, so what is best plugs for 2.4 stock iridium ngk denso???
Friday, July 22, 2005 3:58 PM
id say just stick with the stock ones

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, July 23, 2005 6:09 AM
stock ac delco platinums good? i need a good plug that i can beat the s**t out of and still be reliable
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search