finished 2.4 swap, some ?'s - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
finished 2.4 swap, some ?'s
Monday, June 20, 2005 8:13 PM
Well, after A long couple days, my swap is done.Im just having some minor issues, hoping someone can help. For starters went from a 99 2.2 to a 97 2.4, on the 2.4 the evap canister is right by the engine bay, on the 2.2 its back by the gas tank. I know where the line is that runs back to the canister, but dont where the evap port is on the engine, can anyone help me here? The bigger prob, my dummy lights are randomly lighting up, like ill be driving and the air bag , abs, check engine, security will just come on, any ideas why? and the security is giving me some troubles to, sometimes its fine, other times its makin the car do the whole i wont start BS. and my oil pressure light stays on,but i think i screwed up the sending unit on the install. If anyone has any input on any of this probs, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: finished 2.4 swap, some ?'s
Monday, June 20, 2005 8:55 PM
the lights issue you prob missed a ground wire

my friends 97 had issuses with a 99 pcm cause of the theft , reprogramed the 97 to the 99 vin and no problem , my best guess is the resistance value of the key was causing a problem

id just run the hose from the tb to the stock place on the 2.2

Monday, June 20, 2005 9:58 PM
i had a short on one of my ignition wires coming off of my Clifford (solaris 4) alarm/remote start system this interfered with the OE anti theft system causing the car to cut off power to the fuel pump.. it would start idle fine then die within a matter of seconds.. make sure you have all good conections on your igntion wires
Monday, June 20, 2005 11:10 PM
Yes the dummy light problem is a bad/missing ground.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, June 24, 2005 3:28 PM
got the lights fixed, another couple ques....my engine keeps throwing a knock sensor codebeside for the obvious knock sensor itself, anyone have any suggestions? also, my DRLs arent working, which i dont really care about, just wondering if anyone knew why.

Friday, June 24, 2005 3:51 PM
is there a knock sensor on the motor ? and is it plugged in ?

it on the back side of the motor , near the belhousing area of the block , next to the oil dipstick tube , and the heater hose

is the drl light on , in the cluster ?

Saturday, June 25, 2005 7:38 PM
got the knock sensor fixed, wire broke sometime....yeah the dash light is flashin, tonight my gauges were freakin the hell out. everything was lighting up, guess i gatta check that ground again...this swaps turning out to be one helluva pain in the ass......

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search