Issues with AEM CAS - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Issues with AEM CAS
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 7:37 PM
Alright, Today I installed my AEM Cold Air System on my 2003 Sunfire... Few Questions.

1. My check engine light is on, is it just getting used to things or should I go get a diagnostics ran on it?

2. The air filter is like 8 inches from the ground, exactly how bad does it have to be raining (flooding I hope) before I should be concerned?

3. WTF is up with the friggin Clutch reservoir?? Does anyone make a replacement connection for it? I went to summitracing.com and they had nothing, well, nothing that I could find. I have it zip tied to something rtight now.

Thanks Guys, Much appreciated.

Re: Issues with AEM CAS
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 8:21 PM
We have just the holder avaliable at www.turbotechracing.com we have them in stock also.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 8:29 PM
AEM have a clutch reservoir holder, the CEL isn't normal you probably forget to replug the sensor or it's not correctly connected to your CAI, as for the distance from the ground as long as you are not doing off road your ok, I used my car under heavy rain without a problem...

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 9:24 PM
if your worried about the filter being close to the ground , get the bypass valve AEM has

and like they said AEM also has a clutch res holder

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 9:39 PM
and it look like that

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:00 PM
Go back and check that you plugged in all your sensors. I never got a check engine with mine installed. I didn't even zip tie my cluth resivor. I just put it in between the brake lines and it stood there. I wouldn't worry about the filter unless your driving through a lot of water.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 11:39 PM
make sure your IAT is plugged in and secure. if it's not that, reset your PCM by unhooking the battery and letting it sit for about 10 minutes. that SHOULD fix the problem.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search