HAVE A2.2L CAVALIER. SHOULD I GO TO A 2.4L? OR 3.8 - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HAVE A2.2L CAVALIER. SHOULD I GO TO A 2.4L? OR
Thursday, August 25, 2005 7:40 AM
Dam-it Muffins (Event) wrote:
DanteMustDie wrote:
Dam-it Muffins (Event) wrote:"no one has said you can get 50 hp from P&P alone. if so quote me"

No but you did say cams and p&p net 176 whp

"the jbodyperformance cams claim 176 whp...think that was with a port and polish, which is mild."

ok so who in their right mings couldnt realize thats one example given? if anyone who uses their mellon they should realize thats one example. you can change cam specs, you can get more agressive ports and polishes. or do you just think theres only ONE way and specs for cams and p&p's.

so like said above, quote me where i said it, or simply quit trying to make other statements squeeze into what you NEVER read from me.

Quote:

here you go. stock ecos dyno somewhere around 125 whp to 130. I'll let you make the calculations.

no sh-T.... did you miss where i ALREADY said that or as usual, were you not reading or convieniently skipped over it?

here another quote for the blind:

Dam-it Muffins (Event) wrote:
DanteMustDie wrote:I didn't say it was impossible, but that no one had done it. Plus I was more referring to the fact that he said a "mildly" modified eco.

i know this.... none have done it yet, but not many ever will, cheap crowd on the whole.

and mildly modified.... questionable. but weight is a factor as well. thats free, costs nothing. dont need it, take it out. thats what i was more or less thinking of...

15 second car stock, 130 on avg to wheel HP... full interior avg driver.

the jbodyperformance cams claim 176 whp...think that was with a port and polish, which is mild. fuel mods and a reflash could put it in the low 200, high 100;s whp wise...

follow me instead of repeating stuff i ALREADY said. if i was wrong on their wheel HP, thats fine, but i am still being realistic in saying high 100;s can be achieved overall. and yes i;ve done the calculations factoring in 15% drivetrain loss. if you would like me to factor in an auto, let me know.

I did read the import fighter article. Now how do you think they tuned that eco ? They can play in the computer, that's why ! Until the HPTuners software is out, this is not something we can do !

Jbodyperformance.com does obd2 reflashes....for a while now.

Quote:

3rd Gen. News
JBP OBDII PCM Reflash

Perhaps one of the most awaited products for the 3rd generation jbody line. We now will flash your PCM for aftermarket camshafts and other performance mods. We also have the ability to tune your N/A, Nitrous or Forced Induction engine. A great solution to add power to your existing vehicle or to fix timing/ignition issues as a result of a cam swap. The modifications are now endless. We also allow to additional reflashes to be performed at no additional cost. Call us for percise details about this new and exciting branch of JBP! **Fully operational and Tested!**

you dont NEED the software if a place already does it.... where the hell have you been? granted the software you can do anytime you please. if someone wanted it done, it can be done NOW. http://www.jbodyperformance.com/new/newIndex.php its on the left side mid page...

Quote:

Sorry, your stuff doesn't add up. And get realistic a bit, easy stuff is what most people can do, and if was that easy, they'd do it. There are a lot of knoledgeable people here that own an eco and have tried an n/a setup. Since the stuff you speak of is so easy and mild, some of them ought to have tried it, no ? I know you're not used to not being right on this site, but man, what you're saying is less and less mild with each of the posts you make.

Please read above paragraph 5 times before making your next reply.

theres alot of people who have done N/A setups....are they running 13;s like bryon clements?

theres alot of people doing 2.4 n/a builds...are they running 13;s like karo, and 12;s on nitrous.

hell theres alot of people boosting ecotecs, are they running 12;s like suncavi did? on a stock engine? some of these people have built engines and are still in the 14;s....

just because there are alot of knowledgeable people doesnt mean everyone will get the same exact results.

theres a great bunch of athletes in the NFL, MLB, and NBA, but are there really a whole load of walter paytons, nolan ryans, and micheal jordans?

how about you be realistic for once. especially since above you said:

Quote:

Now how do you think they tuned that eco ? They can play in the computer, that's why ! Until the HPTuners software is out, this is not something we can do !
which is like saying we cant tune a car... even people using the Safc are getting some gains... but since you can get a reflash done......

it adds up...you just sit there and act like NO ONE can reflash a computer yet....update your info for once... it can be done. do your research. in your last post you were claiming you werent all that into performance as of this time cause you were concentrating elsewhere. that might be the reason you didnt know about the reflash, i dunno....

theres alot of knowledgeable people, but really, who here has done alot of weight reduction in addition to a mild n/a build. adding go parts doesnt directly relate to going fast. if you dont have the supporting combos, you can throw 300 hp in a car, but if its heavy like an f150, you;re gonna be far behind the crowd. speakers, subs, bodykits, wings, neons, interior extras.... unecessary.

who here has set out to make a purpose built track car... besides the last buildup we saw through karo? or something even close?

NOT MANY PEOPLE.... most people building these cars, have NOT done alot of weight reduction. as it stands most people are adding weight via body kits, interior pieces, wings etc.... look around the proof is in front of your eyes if you actually take the time to read it.

point being, i am saying it can be done. your sitting here saying it hasnt been done yet.

and use your brain...

Quote:

And get realistic a bit, easy stuff is what most people can do, and if was that easy, they'd do it. Since the stuff you speak of is so easy and mild, some of them ought to have tried it, no ?

that was just a really remedial statement.... theres alot of easy and mild things to do to any of these cars, but do many people do it...?????

hell as it stands we have people here who cant figure out how to install an intake, how to remove a TB, intake resonator etc....even with directions. but might work on cars for a living.

are those really hard to do NO... tedious yes, but not hard. but for many it is.

if you have the right tools and a decent manual you can do cams. its not hard. from someone who has helped another do it before and learned... its not really hard at all. have you done em? or are just just guessing because you cant see your cams, that it must be extremely difficult?

if you havent been paying attention to anything on here in the last 2 years. cams for a twin cam dual overhead engine, are relatively easier to change than going into the block of an OHV.... but only a few have even done cams.... out of all the people that post on here, and you can use the search button if you dont have a clue, are mostly new guys asking about intakes, exhaust, throttle body, and products that dont work.

one of the main thing about cams is simply alignment on reinstall. small mistakes can be costly. or frustrating.

and if you check the list.... im saying less and less is mild? i;m saying the same things are mild. ask any machine shop, until you get into some decent machine work of the block and changing the blocks internals to something radical, its pretty much mild. any engine shop will tell you the same. the valve train is still considered pretty much a mild endeavor.

lets see if you can read this time without repeating alot of the stuff i have ALREADY said...

whatever you say lol, you like argumenting about everything else while I just stated that doing all the work you enumerated is hardly mild for 99 % majority of people here and you can make a poll if you want, because 99 % of the people WILL agree with me. I won't waste my posts arguing with you since you will never admit ANYTHING on your part.

And don't be a smart-ass and tell me to get premium.

15.891 @ 88 mph stock, still getting @!#$ty launches...

Thursday, August 25, 2005 9:54 AM
Quote:

whatever you say lol, you like argumenting about everything else while I just stated that doing all the work you enumerated is hardly mild for 99 % majority of people here and you can make a poll if you want, because 99 % of the people WILL agree with me. I won't waste my posts arguing with you since you will never admit ANYTHING on your part.

And don't be a smart-ass and tell me to get premium.

not really, but i will challenge your statements especially when you make uneducated comments such as

Quote:

Now how do you think they tuned that eco ? They can play in the computer, that's why ! Until the HPTuners software is out, this is not something we can do !"

not anyones fault but your own that you didnt know about jbodyperformance doing reflashes for a few months now....

if you feel that the work is hard for those 99%, and you wanna speak on their behalf, then do so...

however coming from a person who sat in your other post and stated that you;d rather sit around and wait for others to test something, before you buy it.... i'm not surprised on your "performance" views here.

and i do have to say you are pretty blind.... i even admited wrong statements on my part, but it shows your too blind and stupid to even read that.

this whole back and forth you have done not much besides

-repeat what i already said
-say something doesnt exist when it actually does exist
-and seemingly fixated on hp numbers as a final determinant of speed or performance.

and personally, i really dont care if you get premium or not, if you dont, it'll keep you from making more comments like

"theres no way to tune without a certain software...."

and

"since you will never admit ANYTHING on your part."

when i already did in the VERY last post before this... i now see why you wait and let everyone do the work... when you lack common sense its harder to function.

Thursday, August 25, 2005 10:12 AM
Quote:

all the work you enumerated is hardly mild for 99 % majority of people here

also, you can poll it if you want, but go to any engine or machine shop and ask em about mildly modded n/a cars...

unless you plan to dig in the block and completely change things, things that can be done at home in a garage in a short period of time, and only involves at most changing a head gasket, along with a few bolton parts...

thats a mild n/a

wild is when you get into HC pistons, etc.

Thursday, August 25, 2005 3:15 PM
in yo face, in yo face!!!hahahahahha

No pain, No gain! I will set all of you civic ricers straight when i blow those lambo doors off!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search