Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links - Page 3 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:48 PM
is there anyway to get around it to make it fit

Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:20 AM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
This is a must read for the ecotec owner who plans to modify


D:documents and settingsspa13602.MAST_AGENT8My DocumentsMy PicturesSunfire%200Low.jpg
Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 9:37 AM
Darton Sleeves sells Ecotec 87.5mm sleeves. I'm not sure how much they cost, but my guess would be around $799. Most honda sleeves cost around there, so I figured they have to be about the same amount.
Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:26 PM
greenecotec2004 wrote:

Darton Sleeves sells Ecotec 87.5mm sleeves. I'm not sure how much they cost, but my guess would be around $799. Most honda sleeves cost around there, so I figured they have to be about the same amount.


Yeah, I knew about that but I thought I wrote it up...guess I didn't.

I have to revise this soon and have a moderator update it when I get a chance.



www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:29 PM
LT1XLR8 wrote:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
This is a must read for the ecotec owner who plans to modify


You're welcome



www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:19 PM

Gordon Westbrook wrote:
does anybody know why the stage 2 supercharger wont work with the automatic transmission

NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:
Umm damnit! I forgot...I'll try and find out...
I just found out...
Clearance issues with the blower and the transmission


Gordon Westrook-is there away to get around it to make it work?
Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:12 PM
Gordon Westbrook wrote:

Gordon Westbrook wrote:
does anybody know why the stage 2 supercharger wont work with the automatic transmission

NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:
Umm damnit! I forgot...I'll try and find out...
I just found out...
Clearance issues with the blower and the transmission


Gordon Westrook-is there away to get around it to make it work?


If there was, I'm sure RSM would have figured out a way so they have an market for the automatics as well.



www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Thursday, October 06, 2005 11:32 AM
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:

Gordon Westbrook wrote:

Gordon Westbrook wrote:
does anybody know why the stage 2 supercharger wont work with the automatic transmission

NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:
Umm damnit! I forgot...I'll try and find out...
I just found out...
Clearance issues with the blower and the transmission


Gordon Westrook-is there away to get around it to make it work?


If there was, I'm sure RSM would have figured out a way so they have an market for the automatics as well.



but i mean if there was clearance issues with the transmissin then it would just have to be moved up and just raise the hood in that spot so it doesnt hit the hood. wouldnt that work
Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:46 PM
Gordon Westbrook wrote:

NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:

Gordon Westbrook wrote:

Gordon Westbrook wrote:
does anybody know why the stage 2 supercharger wont work with the automatic transmission

NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:
Umm damnit! I forgot...I'll try and find out...
I just found out...
Clearance issues with the blower and the transmission


Gordon Westrook-is there away to get around it to make it work?


If there was, I'm sure RSM would have figured out a way so they have an market for the automatics as well.



but i mean if there was clearance issues with the transmissin then it would just have to be moved up and just raise the hood in that spot so it doesnt hit the hood. wouldnt that work


Well you can't just "raise the hood", you would need to find a hood that has a higher clearance which I don't believe any company makes one for J-bodies. Now, if you had a Corvette and were to put the supercharger on, you would have to purchase a new hood to clear it, which they have available.



www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Thursday, October 06, 2005 6:51 PM
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:

Gordon Westbrook wrote:

NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:

Gordon Westbrook wrote:

Gordon Westbrook wrote:
does anybody know why the stage 2 supercharger wont work with the automatic transmission

NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:
Umm damnit! I forgot...I'll try and find out...
I just found out...
Clearance issues with the blower and the transmission


Gordon Westrook-is there away to get around it to make it work?


If there was, I'm sure RSM would have figured out a way so they have an market for the automatics as well.



but i mean if there was clearance issues with the transmissin then it would just have to be moved up and just raise the hood in that spot so it doesnt hit the hood. wouldnt that work


Well you can't just "raise the hood", you would need to find a hood that has a higher clearance which I don't believe any company makes one for J-bodies. Now, if you had a Corvette and were to put the supercharger on, you would have to purchase a new hood to clear it, which they have available.


well i mean you could cut a hole in the hood and weld a piece over it to whatever style you want clean the welds maybe a little bondo and paint it
Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:25 PM
^^^ yeah...I guess you can do that if you wanted to...

Honestly, is it worth the headache, probably not.



www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837


Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Friday, October 07, 2005 11:25 AM
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ well i mean it would be difficult but why should that stop you. It would be custom and it would put out a lot of power. That stage 2 supercharger is supossed to put out 80-85 hp that alone would put the car at what 220-225 and thats not including the many other things you can do like throttle body intake manifold header full exhaust just with that stuff it would be pushin some tremendous power.
Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:17 PM
can anyone tell me if i can swap a ecotec into a 97z24.it had a 2.4 i want to go to a ecotec and 5 spd...is it possiable and what do i need to do?


Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:29 PM
dj pike wrote:

can anyone tell me if i can swap a ecotec into a 97z24.it had a 2.4 i want to go to a ecotec and 5 spd...is it possiable and what do i need to do?


Yes, it is possible.

You would need of course the engine, transmission and also:

PCM, Fuel System, Ignition System, Upper Motor Mount (lower mount is the same) and basically all the hoses and wires you would find in the engine bay. It's best to buy a donor car and take everything out instead of buying individually...might come out cheaper.



www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Thursday, November 17, 2005 1:39 PM
hey thanx for the info


Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Thursday, November 17, 2005 2:53 PM
dj pike wrote:

hey thanx for the info


You're welcome



www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Thursday, November 17, 2005 3:12 PM
Adam did you get the second bundle of Eco stuff I sent awhile back? cam gear timing etc. ?






Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Monday, December 05, 2005 6:32 AM
also gm performance parts makes an intake manifold that accepts an LS1 75mm TB it is pricey though....i will look up the part number and post it



Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Sunday, December 11, 2005 3:41 AM
Cinny wrote:

Adam did you get the second bundle of Eco stuff I sent awhile back? cam gear timing etc. ?


I did but I lost all that stuff when my e-mail program went down...mind resending?



www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Thursday, January 19, 2006 7:59 PM
Does GM offer a Stage 1 super charger for the Ecotec with an automatic trans? I have been looking into Turbos and superchargers and I would one that will be easiest to add without major modifications.

"Smoked"
Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:18 PM
bdubs wrote:

Does GM offer a Stage 1 super charger for the Ecotec with an automatic trans? I have been looking into Turbos and superchargers and I would one that will be easiest to add without major modifications.


The GM Supercharger Kit has not been released by GM yet. We've been waiting for a long time, I was even interested in purchasing it...I decided to go the turbo route. The GM Superchargers aren't transmission specifc and there is on 1 kit, no different stages.

If you really wanted a roots style supercharger, you can take it off of a Cobalt SS or an Ion Redline and also use the injectors etc.

As far as turbos, it's basically explained in the Guide what you can do and where to get a kit from.



www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837


Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Friday, January 20, 2006 5:57 PM
Hey Adam got a question for ya, hopefully you (or someone else) has the solution for me.

So rsm's TB jumped from $280 (plus core) to $400!!!!!!!
I really do not want to pay that much. I tihnk there trying to keep the white brothers down Now Revco (sp??) Tb are not bored all the way with a new butterfly. SO my question is, is there any one else??? Jbodyperformance.com can bore them but it says only the front plentum. If ya know of anyone else who does it. Please inform me. Thanks



Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Friday, January 20, 2006 7:23 PM
Hey JBO Negro,

I am sure you mentioned it earlier before but I would like to ask,
What year cavalier do you have and what type of turbo do you have and where did you buy it.

Thanks a bunch man

"Smoked"
Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Friday, January 20, 2006 8:24 PM
nasty04cav wrote:

Hey Adam got a question for ya, hopefully you (or someone else) has the solution for me.

So rsm's TB jumped from $280 (plus core) to $400!!!!!!!
I really do not want to pay that much. I tihnk there trying to keep the white brothers down Now Revco (sp??) Tb are not bored all the way with a new butterfly. SO my question is, is there any one else??? Jbodyperformance.com can bore them but it says only the front plentum. If ya know of anyone else who does it. Please inform me. Thanks


Technically, if you have a machine shop in your area, they can do the same thing...bore it out and fit a new butterfly on there. What you can do is contact one of my sponsors...his name is Rich, he's on the ORG as well. Here is his member profile: fats84z. I'm sure if you send himi your throttle body he can do the work for you for a very reasonable price.

If you don't want to do that either, go to the Classifieds and wait for someone to sell one. That's what I did. I got lucky cause I found someone who was in the state next to me parting out their car (going back to stock) and I got it for extremely cheap for the exchange of my stock throttle body.

If you STILL don't want to do that...going with RSM isn't that bad if you plan to buy something from them in the future. When you send them back your stock throttle body, they give you store credit...so if you need say a pulley or something else like that, you can use your store credit to purchase it.

That's pretty much all the suggestions I can think of. If you have anymore questions, just ask.



www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: Full ECOTEC Build Guide w/PN and Links
Friday, January 20, 2006 8:26 PM
bdubs wrote:

Hey JBO Negro,

I am sure you mentioned it earlier before but I would like to ask,
What year cavalier do you have and what type of turbo do you have and where did you buy it.

Thanks a bunch man


I don't own a Cavalier, I own a 2003 Sunfire. Check my profile for pictures.

The turbo I WILL be running is a T3/T4 50 Trim turbo. I purchased it from someone in the classifieds of an SRT Forum who was actually an EVO owner that lived in Pennsylvannia...yes, it was used but still in good condition.



www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search