How to install upper motor mount insert? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to install upper motor mount insert?
Monday, November 28, 2005 5:50 AM
Can someone tell me how to install the upper motor mount insert on the 2.4? Also i got the auto trans interceptor and it helps out alot with the shifting but there is one thing i didnt like about it, when i shift into drive from park or reverse, it jerks really hard and im worried that would cause doamge after a while, any info would help, thanks.

Re: How to install upper motor mount insert?
Monday, November 28, 2005 7:12 AM
Check out Team Forward Motion. They have pictures, and an install guide. Just choose "upper motor mount"

http://www.teamforwardmotion.com/tfmtech/j-body/performance/index.php

Monday, November 28, 2005 7:23 AM
don't forget the dish soap

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, November 28, 2005 8:17 AM
Thanks for the info, will do that tonight after i get off work, thanks. Also have one more question, i think the fuel pump went out on my car, i can tell cuz i took the line off the fuel rail and turned the key on and no gas shot out. Is there another way to check or is that good enough. Is there a reset button or switch something i should do first to be sure. Do these cars have a history of this problem. Its a 2002.
Monday, November 28, 2005 9:07 AM
i used dishsoap, DW-40 and some other lubricants, and i still couldnt get the damn thing in place after an hour. '

so my friend got his dremel and shaved a SMALL portion of one corner off, then it slid in with a few taps from a hammer.

im not saying everyone should do this, because granted most of you might think im an idiot for doing it, but during an engine swap you have bigger things to worry about then a motor mount insert.

-Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)

Girls make me mad and break my heart, but my car is always there for me.
Monday, November 28, 2005 9:24 AM
the auto trans interseptor increases the line pressure to make the trans shift faster, hence the jerk. dont worry about it damaging ur trans, it actually will prolong the life of it. the trans shifts faster therefore the clutches inside will wear less, giving a more useful life.

this is my sig
Monday, November 28, 2005 9:34 AM
I just used a little bit of muscle, and a pry bar, and it slide right in. Its not hard, just don't be a pussy

Monday, November 28, 2005 9:37 AM
Monday, November 28, 2005 10:19 AM
All soap here. the thing slipped right in, in fact it slipped in so well that I actually fell into my engine bay, it was completely unexpected.

Monday, November 28, 2005 10:29 AM
Yeah, I was having real trouble with it, thinking the dish soap was for wusses.

Put some soap on it, and it went in easy as pie.

Monday, November 28, 2005 10:43 AM
Thanks for the info on the insert, but do you all know anything about the fuel problem?

Monday, November 28, 2005 10:49 AM
first. turn the key far enough to where all your gauge lights come on, then listen for a little buzz. that is your power steering pump. that means it should be working, I would think.

Monday, November 28, 2005 1:11 PM
Check fuel pump relay under the hood, and fuse in the panel.

Monday, November 28, 2005 8:18 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:Yeah, I was having real trouble with it, thinking the dish soap was for wusses.

Put some soap on it, and it went in easy as pie.

same exact thing i did hahah.

Monday, November 28, 2005 10:08 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:Put some soap on it, and it went in easy as pie.

For the sake of me not knowing how easy pie is, we'll from now on say "easy as Spotabee Racing's ex girlfriend"

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, November 28, 2005 10:29 PM
I used no soap, just jack up the motor to take full pressure off (with the two bolts that hold the top brace out) and it slips right in.

2002 Z28: Slp coldair Pac, Corsa Catback, 3200 stall

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 11:10 AM
I know this is a really old thread but I didnt see any use making a new one when I could just do it here

I was told that the insert tends to squeak a bit if a person doesnt use grease when installing it. or should I just do the ol' dish soap method?
Thanks.

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 11:58 AM
Dish soap works wonders for this.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 7:01 PM
Never heard a single squeak from it, and dish soap makes it almost too easy to put in. I had a carefully selected llist of words to use for the install and never got to use any of them. I was kinda disappointed lol

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 7:14 AM
Dishsoap sure does more than dishes!

The mount slides right in like an old man into a warm bath. Easy as pie. Warm apple pie.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, August 09, 2012 10:39 AM
lol ive never tried the dishsoap method and my upper mount insert has seen three cars now. ill have to rememeber that LOL

i always wondered why it was such a cunt to install hahaha

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.

Saturday, July 01, 2017 5:46 AM
I have read a set of instructions on how to install the upper motor mount insert on 95-02 cavys but the one thing im not sure about is does the stock rubber mount have to be removed from the mount assembly to install the insert? Reason for asking is the last cavalier i changed upper mount on the stock mount was held in by rivets not bolts, and I had to bust the rivets to removed it then install the new one with screws. If the original rubber mount has to come out then I might as well order a new one to go in aswell.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search