Voltage Stabalizer - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Voltage Stabalizer
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:41 AM
i was looking into buying one, and was just wondering if anyone has installed any, if they are worth it.....and the benifites of having one...

thanks guys

~Shiba~

Re: Voltage Stabalizer
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 11:41 AM
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 2:36 PM
ok... did a little research... if its anything like this then its not really nessesary for our cars... kinda be a waste of money as far as i can see...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, December 19, 2006 2:41 PM

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 2:46 PM
yes, they work, they dont add any real hp but what they do is maintain a constant voltage to all of your electrical components and thus reduce the chance of errors in the ecu, low spark voltage, ect, ect, basically its a capacitor, the only thing i would recomend is getting one from a name brand company like apexi, remember in the automotive world, you always get what you pay for.

on a last note, when your cruzing along at like 55 or 65 and you go to stop, notice how the engine drones down and your lights all dim, thats the altenator trying to keep up with the power needs, a voltage stabilizer will also fix this. hope this helps

later

many changes in the making
my favorite part about doing bodywork,.......... bondo bugers
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 3:08 PM
if i already have a cap for my sound system...would this really do anything....since u said its basically a cap.....
Wednesday, December 20, 2006 3:12 AM
yes, it is a cap, how ever it has certain restrictions built into it to protect your vehicle where as a cap doesnt. other wise they would just use regular caps. like i said, get an respectable brand name thats not gonna break the bank and call it a day, the other reason for a name brand is customer service. nough said. hope this helps, feel free to ask anything else

Saturday, December 23, 2006 5:30 AM
a good one would be the buddy club one, its a voltage stabilizer and ground system all in one

Saturday, December 23, 2006 8:27 AM
Yeah don't buy anything knock off when getting it, like the one you showed us. Get something like that above, or a decent one that has been proven to help out. I got a MR HyperVoltage System, and I like it. I never have problem with any of my lights dimming anymore at any time; not the music temporarily turning down.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search