Interest in Team Green 2.2 Coil Conversion for the ld9 - Page 10 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Interest in Team Green 2.2 Coil Conversion for the ld9
Saturday, May 05, 2007 9:54 PM
Misnblu wrote:Wrench Monkey, I've been running .060 gap since I've done this mod.
Not sure why you're having problems with misfire on anything bigger than .045.
Is this in boost application or high compression ratio??
Just curious.

Its a stock N/A motor. I wonder if maybe i was getting spark blowout from running WAY too rich. LOL now that its back to stock A/F ratios i should try the .060 gap.

Dale Young wrote:Hey Wrench Monkey I have a 2000 Z24 and I want one of your kits with new MSD coils and the harness adapter, but I have a question I also plan to use the MSD DIS II how do I incorporate that with your setup? Also does your kit have the mounting bracket which mounts the coils to the strut tower or do I have to get that myself?
I'll be ready to buy mine next weekend thanks.

What i can do for the msd setup is give you my wiring diagram i made in paint so you know which color wires go to what coils then you just splice into it. I made a setup for a guy with the DIS ll and the only good way to do it is by having you cut and solder the wires. That way i know it works when i ship it out, plus im not completely famililar with the dis ll hookups. It includes the 2.2 OHV icm bracket as its a perfect mounting setup, and thats what i used to mount mine to the strut tower. Let me know when your ready to order. My email is in the classified post.

Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:20 PM
Ok thanks what I'll do then is buy your setup now and install it then use your instructions once I get the DIS II box, I'm building a turbo hybrid with a built 2.4 bottom end and the HO topend ( 086 head, W41 cams, HO intake )do you think the DIS II box will help with spark on my application or will the coil setup by itself be enough? I plan to run 15# - 20# of boost.

2000 Z24 5spd header & catback for now.
Sunday, May 06, 2007 7:00 AM
What CR are you looking at?

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 11:19 AM
CR with the stock head gasket would be 10.3:1 but with the .074 gasket probably closer to 9.5:1 maybe a little less I don't have a compression calculator handy. Where can I purchase the setup you have, I looked in the classifieds but didn't see it. I'm ready to buy it today?

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 3:17 PM
Classified ad

Here it is Dale.

Friday, May 11, 2007 5:07 PM
Ok Wrench Monkey the money was sent out yesterday, I guess you'll get it around Wed. or Thurs. of next week.

Friday, May 11, 2007 10:47 PM
Dale Young wrote:Ok Wrench Monkey the money was sent out yesterday, I guess you'll get it around Wed. or Thurs. of next week.

No problem man. im still waiting on parts for other guys so its ALL good

Saturday, May 12, 2007 2:28 PM
Sweet, nice to see it all came together. I should be ordering in about a month. Is there enough clearance to fit the spark plug wires in under the cover or do you recomend drilling holes, or removing the cover? I may have a few more questions but since I am 5,000 miles from my car I can't go double check before I post, so I will wait.

Shawn M.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Sunday, May 13, 2007 8:19 AM
You can route the plugs under the IDI cover w/o drilling holes.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 8:39 AM
First customer install pix... can you guess who it is

Sunday, May 13, 2007 10:16 AM
Donde mios? donde mios?

That's neat, gives us some coil mount location ideas.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 12:55 PM
I know that engine bay, my hands have gotten quite a few scars from it!

Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:40 PM
Not a hard engine bay to figure out, since minus the FMU...my engine bay looks exactly the same....Chris ftw.
Saturday, June 02, 2007 6:29 PM
Is this possible on an eco w/out a msd box. pretty much the same setup.....

i know the ecos have the ksi sensor in the coil cassestte.

Is there a write up for the eco?

i tried searchin how to without the msd programming box...........my search skills<owned by internet

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Saturday, June 02, 2007 10:38 PM
Rodimus Prime has a MSD write up. Im thinking about making a coil conversion for the Eco but i need a car local to play with

Sunday, June 03, 2007 11:59 AM
Hey if i was to buy the 2.2 convertion would you guys be able to hook it up for me for an extra price of corse. I live in waukesha i know brin live in the area so maybe he could help me out?
Sunday, June 03, 2007 5:13 PM
Yeah i would deffinately be able to install it for you. That would be no problem at all!

Email me for more details. honda89preludesi@yahoo.com

Sunday, June 03, 2007 5:32 PM
sounds good. ill hit you up with a email when the time comes. Thanx
Sunday, June 03, 2007 7:09 PM
Wrench Monkey you had said -
Quote:

What i can do for the msd setup is give you my wiring diagram i made in paint so you know which color wires go to what coils then you just splice into it.

I am looking at this for my '01 - could you hook me up with that info? - Thanks in advance
Sunday, June 03, 2007 11:01 PM
Whats up Scott??? I think I see you rolling around Waukesha now and then....... you should make it to one of the Wisconsin J-tuners meets sometime. (I need to make it to more myself.... or bring back the old Wisc_J's list.....)

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, June 04, 2007 7:08 AM
What up brian. Yeah i need to get to some, its been a while since ive been to a meet. Whats up with jake drew havent seen or heard from him in a while now?

Monday, June 04, 2007 8:11 AM
oose wrote:Wrench Monkey you had said -
Quote:

What i can do for the msd setup is give you my wiring diagram i made in paint so you know which color wires go to what coils then you just splice into it.

I am looking at this for my '01 - could you hook me up with that info? - Thanks in advance

My wiring diagram is very basic and i can provide it but thats the extent of what im able to help you with it. With my diagram if your good with wiring you should be able to do it.

Monday, June 04, 2007 6:40 PM

Dale Youngs coild

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 5:24 PM
Wrench monkey - that would be cool, is there any differences in the setup for '00 and up?
email me at z_oose@yahoo.com
Thanks
Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:06 PM
Dont mean to bring this post back from the dead but just curious if anyone makes or sells this anymore.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search