Stock 2.4L flow test - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Stock 2.4L flow test
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 4:46 AM
i have a stock mani.........pay shipping and its yours

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 3:34 PM
any new info on this?

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:27 PM
... i can give you both my stock intake, and a HO intake. atleast this way we can prove whats better.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 7:06 PM
i have a stock mani but it has been opened for a 2.3 tb

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 11:36 PM
I will be contacting you in the next couple days about sending you my head if you seriously want to do it for that price.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 10:58 AM
Ronnie (the cavalier guy) wrote:I will be contacting you in the next couple days about sending you my head if you seriously want to do it for that price.

Sounds good to me as for the head I have done its done I have all the chambers done and I am going to send it out to check and make sure its true and to have new seats and guides put in it i figure since I plan on reving high with this head better make sure she is 100%. O yes and since the next class I go to has a dyno that I can use for free expect dyno numbers from this head for sure.

99Z24 Turbocharged (Project Mayhem)
GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Thursday, June 21, 2007 3:00 PM
Please O please dyno a stock intake, lo intake and ho intake on a STOCK motor (aka without that head) PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Hell ill even paypal 10 bux when you dyno it and post up numbers

Thursday, June 21, 2007 3:15 PM
Listening...

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Thursday, June 21, 2007 5:26 PM
Wrench Monkey wrote:Please O please dyno a stock intake, lo intake and ho intake on a STOCK motor (aka without that head) PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Hell ill even paypal 10 bux when you dyno it and post up numbers

lets do it on my car, 2.4, 2.3 LO, 2.3 HO, and then the "other intake" i have laying around......

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Sunday, June 24, 2007 7:27 PM
Well since there seem s to be some interest in what the intakes will do on the dyno. I will see what I can do about dyno test the intakes that I have now ( ho and stock) with out the ported head on and post them on here its going to be a while before I can get on the dyno at school but I will be on so I should be able to get the numbers.

GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Monday, August 13, 2007 3:51 AM
So what ever happened?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Monday, August 13, 2007 5:10 PM
This seems to be one of the more interesting threads out there. This should be a sticky to be honest, with the flow numbers.

And I hope that he considers bringing the HO intake to the table to dyno them...
Friday, September 14, 2007 1:15 PM
hey sorry I havent been updataing this any I have been busy I tried to flow test the ho mani and had some issues. I tried to make a Fixture to maount the mani on the flow bech but the prove to be a bit harder than I predicted and since I am a poor college student at this point I didnt have to money to buy the stuff I need to make one. I was going to mount it on the head that ZYAA sent me to port but I dont know if I am going to have the time but if all possible I am going to. We are running tunning comps right now so the dyno is busy and i still have to make a piece to get a tb on there. I know this is disapointing and I am really sorry but I am in school and I do have work to do other than the stuff I would like to play with but if I can i will get as much info on all the parts I can before I leave.

GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Friday, September 14, 2007 1:32 PM
Right on man, way to bring this thread back from the dead. I would be very interested to see these numbers!!!
Friday, September 14, 2007 2:26 PM
I am really close to getting Z yaaaa's head done should be fininshed up by monday afternoon as long as nothing comes up and when I flow test the head I will try and get the HO mani I have done along with it. I am just glad to see there are people interested in what I am tring to do makes the work worth it.

GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Friday, September 14, 2007 3:19 PM
hey hey!! so you got the bastad then huh pat?! awesome. please take some pics of the process for me if at all possible.

cant wait!

Friday, September 14, 2007 3:48 PM
i think hes runnin the ho mani in his car right now.. thats why he cant test it!!!!!!

"Z24 Dustbunny"
Saturday, September 15, 2007 8:29 AM
Interesting and listening in.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Saturday, September 15, 2007 9:34 PM
Yep definately keeping my eyes on this thread.
Its a huge devience from the bitching and whining on the other threads.

CAI threads.. Blech.
Is my exhaust too big. Blech.
Will an adjustable fuel pressure regulator or, injectors help on my stock car.. Snooze.

Threads that deliver flow bench numbers, = should be a sticky for others to see.
Sunday, September 16, 2007 12:17 PM
Well I guess I could post up Z yaaaa's flow nuber ther are really kinda interesting. I am not sure what year exactly his head is but I know that it is a pre 99 head since it showed signs of the EGR being used and ming was a 2000 head and there are a few diffrences but not to bad. You can see that my head stock out flow Z yaaaa's head by about 20 cfm but on the intake side but Z yaaaa's head out flow my head on the exhuast. Now I can tell you a good reason the exhuast side was way better with the head I got from Z yaaaa it had a diffrent exhaust shape than ming it didnt have the little flat spot in the corner of the port which could be the reason that the exhuast out flowed my head as for the intake I am not sure what the diffrents is i will have to look at pic's of my head and compart it my just be the fact that the flaws in the casting cuase them to have that much of a diffrents not sure yet. What I can say is that I am going to impove on these number and with any luck have Z yaaa one kick A$$ head.

Intake
.100 - 79.5 cfm
.200 - 138.2 cfm
.300 - 211.8 cfm
.400 - 247.1 cfm
.500 - 255.9 cfm

Exhuast
.100 - 69.3 cfm
.200 - 122.4 cfm
.300 - 134.1 cfm
.400 - 137.5 cfm
.500 - 137.5 cfm

GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Sunday, September 16, 2007 12:52 PM
Thanks for the posted numbers. This thread should be a sticky.

The odd part here is that, I think the exhaust numbers are nothing more than simply minor differences. While obviously the intake is substantially different.

Theroetically 2000+ head should really put down more power than the 96-98 head. Yet both motors are rated at 150 horse.

I'd like to see a dyno comparison, I think we would find a 10-15 whp difference. 20 CFM on the intake side is no joke of a difference.

Thanks man, and keep em coming. Remeber if you get the chance we would really like to know the benefit of the HO intake!

Sunday, September 16, 2007 6:13 PM
AWESOME!

Monday, September 17, 2007 4:07 PM
So WHO wants to know what the HO mani will flow.....................OK I flow the mani to day though Z yaaaa's head and it was able to pull off a able 300 cfm though the head ( 298.2 to be exact) which isnt to bad also that is whit out the TB in place dont have on to put on it so I just flowed it with out and used a clay mold to smooth the ait coming in. Now thats though the head and only one intake runner not all the runners I would max out the flow bench if I did that. O and if any one is interested to see how my port work came out i have new flow nembers for Z yaaaa

Intake
.100 - 89 cfm
.200 - 156 cfm
.300 - 223 cfm
.400 - 267 cfm
.500 - 285 cfm

Exhaust
.100 - 71 cfm
.200 - 124 cfm
.300 - 154 cfm
.400 - 160 cfm
.500 - 163 cfm

Now I know what every one is going to say that I got better numbers on the exhuast on the first head I ported and to be honest I am not sure why but i did the same port work as I did on ming I guess I just had a better respons not sure I think i could open up the ports more but I am not tring to junk this head cuz I hit a water jaket or make flow worse by over porting. I think that the increase across the board is very nice but I am going to consult my instuctor once he gets back to see if he has any good ideas so these numbers may change once again.

GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 1:06 PM
well, im not wanting a HUGE port job, just something mild. im thinking what you've done will suffice.

Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:35 AM
Brad: you remeber how I was talking about the cathedral in the combustion chamber and the lip on the intake to slow airflow...... THIS is what im getting at, but what would one want more intake flow or exhaust flow... I think its not how how much or fast you can draw in air, but how quickly you can get it out... hmm. I can't believe this thread is not a STICKY and only 2 pages short... I mean C'mon how many posts of the Quad 4 and Twincam family's head ports flows in CFM's. WOW!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search