Airaid Throttle Body Spacer - Page 3 - Performance Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: Airaid Throttle Body Spacer
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:36 PM
Funky Bottoms is somethin of a genius..

Hah and nice attempt bmxludwig..

TEX-A.S. JBoii

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:43 PM
You guys are all @!#$tards.

You only are disagreeing with me here if.....

You think the tb spacer works on an N/A jbody engine.

If you think it doesn't add power, and is more usefull as a paper weight then you are on my side. So what the hell is your issue again?

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:41 PM
oh im NOT defending the throttle body spacer at all, im just stating the fact that you own a bmw and your trolling through j-body threads running your mouth to everybody about their opinion, like anyone cares what you have to protest. this is exactly why people never try to ask questions on here anymore beacuse of inconsiderate ass wipes like yourself

hondas are like tampons.....every pu$$y needs one...
mildly built 99' ln2, eagle h-beam rods, wiseco forged alum. pistons, cusco oil catch, t3/t4 super 60 garret, tial 40 mm wastegate, hp tuners, prothane mount inserts, 2.5" exhaust.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:52 PM
_oHv_FrEaK_ wrote:oh im NOT defending the throttle body spacer at all, im just stating the fact that you own a bmw and your trolling through j-body threads running your mouth to everybody about their opinion, like anyone cares what you have to protest. this is exactly why people never try to ask questions on here anymore beacuse of inconsiderate ass wipes like yourself

My sister drives a BMW, Tjepkes is like my best friend, so being the great guy I am I do as much research I can on here. People should feel like retards for asking questions that just got asked a day ago. They need to learn the SEARCH function so I don't have to sift through tons of crap to find a thread with actual meaning. So STFU and deal with my opinions, I am only a dick when a dick be needed. Funny you don't mention any of the other smart ass comments made earlier by people, they obviosly aren't dicks, just the BMW owner is.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 5:16 PM
My sister drives a BMW, Tjepkes is like my best friend, so being the great guy I am I do as much research I can on here. People should feel like retards for asking questions that just got asked a day ago. They need to learn the SEARCH function so I don't have to sift through tons of crap to find a thread with actual meaning. So STFU and deal with my opinions, I am only a dick when a dick be needed. Funny you don't mention any of the other smart ass comments made earlier by people, they obviosly aren't dicks, just the BMW owner is.

well im not gonna deal with your opinions or anybody elses that like to sit here and flame on someone for asking a simple f*cking question!! if your so tired of scrolling through "meaning less" j-body forums to find something in here that satisfy's you than dont!!! and for you to think im singling you out im not (dont get me wrong) but you posted atleast 20 or more times arguing with everybody about their opinion on a part that has been labeled as a "failure" in h.p. gains. just let this thread die so that way their can be another thread from someone that comes along and wants to know about a part too so that way you can go thrash on them to get your jollies off.....

mildly built 99' ln2, eagle h-beam rods, wiseco forged alum. pistons, cusco oil catch, t3/t4 super 60 garret, tial 40 mm wastegate, hp tuners, prothane mount inserts, 2.5" exhaust.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 5:20 PM
_oHv_FrEaK_ wrote:
well im not gonna deal with your opinions or anybody elses that like to sit here and flame on someone for asking a simple f*cking question!! if your so tired of scrolling through "meaning less" j-body forums to find something in here that satisfy's you than dont!!! and for you to think im singling you out im not (dont get me wrong) but you posted atleast 20 or more times arguing with everybody about their opinion on a part that has been labeled as a "failure" in h.p. gains. just let this thread die so that way their can be another thread from someone that comes along and wants to know about a part too so that way you can go thrash on them to get your jollies off.....

thrash them I will.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 8:24 PM
bmxludwig wrote:
_oHv_FrEaK_ wrote:oh im NOT defending the throttle body spacer at all, im just stating the fact that you own a bmw and your trolling through j-body threads running your mouth to everybody about their opinion, like anyone cares what you have to protest. this is exactly why people never try to ask questions on here anymore beacuse of inconsiderate ass wipes like yourself

its not a BMW thing....by far it isnt.

if you know SQUARE ONE ABOUT WHO I AM, you'd already know German Cars, mainly Opels i tend to have favoritism towards em. i dunno maybe its the fact that i was born and raised in Wiesbaden, Germany for the first 9 years of my life may have something to do with it. or the fact german is my first language actually. or that i still own my first car and opel calibra and that car is still over in germany with family..... yea i may be a bit more biased towards european cars at times.... but i also dig american, and asian based cars just the same.

Normally, the fact that you had even part of a BMW as a sig, i'd love. I still think its cool....

but the fact that you came on the forum, talked crap, then actually had the nerve to say you prob know more about MY car than ME....kinda shows arrogance and lack of just general respect.

Then you go as far and say people who dont search and make repeat posts are bad an deserve what they get....... and yet you were the culprit of doing the same.......... pot meet kettle. dont sweat it though...it happens. you are human just like them

-PJ's comment was just a directive link to your post

-makin waves was just being sarcastic/funny about the issue.

pretty much the rest of the people in this post were just being silly, which really isnt any harm.....

then came your post in response to peter craig. and then you kept going.

its nothing personal to you, but dude, you went total d-mode and kept it up with a guy who had already installed the mod days/months/weeks ago....

does it matter why he hasnt taken it off? no
does it hurt performance? no

if it can make a car dangerous to handle, or dangerous on the road, i'd back you in no time flat.... but it really doesnt do anything at all, good or bad.

so i said something..... you kept going and eventually, as the saying goes... "if you give a yard dog enough chain he will eventually choke himself with it"

YOU, whatever your name is, in real life.... you might be a pretty cool guy. who knows. i dont know if you really laugh at people in their face cause they may have a mod you prefer or actually like and APPROVE OF.... thats not cool. but otherwise you may be.

but on here, went a bit over the actual issue.

heres a newsflash for ya as well..... at times in the past on here, i used to be the same way at times. as i got older, i got wiser, hopefully more mature as well.

it used to irritate me a few times back when there WAS NOT any tuning,
NO GM Superchargers
NO Turbo tech engine mounts
NO (well pretty much fill in the blank anything before RSM parts were around) name any performance part thats recently new...

at best we had Mantapart, GRD, and Caspers Electronics, with rksport.....

the front page of the performance forum was about 40-60% of "which is the best intake" posts. literally, no exaggeration.

There WAS NOT a "newbies forum".....

this site was far different back in the late 90's early 2000's, and with lack of parts back then, more irritating and frustrating. Now, everything is made for this car it seems. tuners, turbos, intakes, exhausts, suspension mods, coilovers, etc...

listen....people are not all gonna search. sure it makes things go easier. HELL, it used to be a part of my forum signatures back in the day!!!! Heres 4 of em:

and i LINKED EVERY ONE OF EM to the search function... but as said, not everyone will use it. if 2 people out of 10 used it, it was worth it. many times people would just send me an email and say "hey this is what i found, i couldnt find the answer exactly".... so i'd help em out to find the answer.

point being is that some just dont know, others just dont give a crap, and then there are those who are impatient make a post and expect a less than 2 minute reply (i'm sure you;ve seen those)....

so at the end of this pretty much dead post now..... i didnt get on you specifically cause you have a BMW. its basically just someone saying, "chill....just a bit." you catch more flies with honey than vineagar. and dont just tell people they are wrong or dont use this..... if you have as much knowledge as you boast you do.....

actually use it to show people why the part doesnt work or takes away power, etc.... trust me, it works far better for everyone... even i have made mistakes learning to do things that way. and on the dodge forums, it took me talking to a guy in kuwait having him do some dyno runs that showed he lost about 8HP and 16TQ with a JET STAGE 2 MODULE......

people eventually saw that there is NOT a chip for OBD2, rallied behind a company that had handheld programmers....now 6 months later we've already passed the first wave of beta testing for the product and theres now a group purchase goin on.

sure i could have came in said you guys are a bunch of idiots, you think your car has a chip, i will now laugh at you...... and give no explanation why the jet module was bad..... but in taking time, people like to see reasons why something is bad for them....

just a suggestion

and P.S. at my age, i am only a dick when needed as well.... this just turned out to be one of those times but dont be mad about it, like said, just chill a bit. from my own experiences and being a dick sometimes, trust me, it works better....

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 8:37 PM
BMXludwig wrote:People should feel like retards for asking questions that just got asked a day ago. They need to learn the SEARCH function so I don't have to sift through tons of crap to find a thread with actual meaning. So STFU and deal with my opinions

its a good opinion, that i actually agree with you on.... but you became one of those posters you complained about so, on the same coin, you would have to be a retard for making a post about a subject that has been at the TOP OF THE FORUM FOR THE LAST FIVE (COUNT EM>>>>1-2-3-4-5!!!) YEARS!!!!!

like i pointed out earlier, you made YET ANOTHER POST THAT SIMPLY ADDS TO THE TON OF CRAP that you complain about sifting through to find a post of meaning.

Picture Referece

Dont be mad, i'm just bustin your balls now...

but in all honesty, if you want others to not do the whole make redundant posts, take it upon yourself to set an example. realistically... if you arent gonna adhere to it....why would you expect anyone else to do the same? simply because you said so? dude, it really doesnt work that way. think about it.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:17 PM

The car that someone owns does not negate their knowledge about cars, so what if he owns a BMW?

Audi FTW
I just hate BMWs because every one I have ever been in was for someone a foot shorter and they're hard to work on.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 5:30 AM
Pushrods wrote:

The car that someone owns does not negate their knowledge about cars, so what if he owns a BMW?

Audi FTW
I just hate BMWs because every one I have ever been in was for someone a foot shorter and they're hard to work on.

Thank you.

And funkybottoms did you even read the begining of that thread? I made the thing because no noob reads the faqs. Maybe they would read the thread at the top of the posts, hence why everyone else was bumping it.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 6:09 AM
you wrote that thread FEB 18th of 2008.

this thread was made about the TB spacer on Tuesday, February 19, 2008.

apparently the original poster didnt read your post either.....

the same noobs that dont read the FAQ's arent gonna read ready made posts..... they are just gonna post first and ask the same thing over again. watch, it goes in cycles....

http://www.j-body.org/forums/search.php?f=2&search=intake&globalsearch=0&match=1&date=90&threadtype=1&fldsubject=1

theres a quite a few intake posts actually. thats just the last 90 days, pretty much around your current post minus a month.... most of the posts were the past month though, that deal with intakes....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Thursday, March 27, 2008 6:24 AM

Thursday, March 27, 2008 7:47 AM
Pushrods wrote:

Audi FTW

..... no u apparently didnt read through so im gonna let that one go, what i was stating is that he was arguing with everybody about their opinion on A PART THAT HAS BEEN LABELED AS A "FAILURE" IN GAINS. and then he made fun of someones bodykit because of the same part, but the part was already on the car when he bought it, and then i stated why are u on the jbo bashing people and their opinions when your driving a bmw (why not troll through the bmw forums) ???? i hope this help's to overcome the internet illiteracy in this thread!!!!!

Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:04 AM
FWIW there are plenty of people that appreciate the OFFICIAL INTAKE THREAD.

and OHV i have just as much right as you to be here. And like I said, I have my legitimate reasons.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:29 AM
well that be the case, then use your past experience to help out a "newb" or someone new to the site other than bashing on them for asking a simple question!!! im not busting your balls because you drive a bmw (not at all, my dad has a m3 ) but people that dont know you are gonna think your thrashing on them because they drive a "lowly" cavalier not knowing that you have had past experience with our cars. ........but now its time to let this thread die.......

Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:36 AM
Thread death is agreed. And I don't flame EVERY newb...... Lets all get along now I suppose, it was fun while it lasted!

Monday, September 13, 2010 8:12 PM
wtf are you doing?

GO AWAY RETARD.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:18 PM
what is with the idiots. this post is over 2 years old. they're not going to reply to you.

also i'm not crazy. a moderator deleted the post before mine. i didn't drag this thread back up from the dead.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 8:46 PM
So do they really work?

And blu, I'd seen you do it.

Oh and just a little side note, I didn't know Funky was born in Wiesbaden Germany.
That's where I was born too and lived there the first 5 years of my life.
Awesome.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, September 17, 2010 10:05 AM
I have 5 of them, 3 in series and 2 in paralelle

-Ben
Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:18 AM
Peter Craig wrote:your respect -12 for being unoriginal

lol....CLASSIC!!!
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search