Short Shifter, not B&M - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Short Shifter, not B&M
Friday, April 04, 2008 11:02 AM
I swear I found another short shifter brand the other night but I cannot find the website again. Does anyone have any ideas what it could've been; what brand?

Also, I found a mejan short shifter earlier this morning. Has anyone had any experience with those?

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Re: Short Shifter, not B&M
Friday, April 04, 2008 11:11 AM
I have a Fidanza, it works well, and the stock ball fits on it nicely ('02)
Friday, April 04, 2008 11:12 AM
B&M =best
fidenza. =Good. (i like mine)
cozmo racing=good havn't heard anything bad about it
and iznrrbl also has one but his buissness is flaky right now due to him being in over his head. so no info
Ebay=cheap crap. either their sized wrong or just break they are bad mojo jojo

Friday, April 04, 2008 11:19 AM
NightmaresCavy wrote:B&M =best
and iznrrbl also has one but his buissness is flaky right now due to him being in over his head. so no info

realy? i've had my ebay for a year or so now and have not had one issue with it. nothing broke, nothing sized wrong, and its a lot shorter than the factory piece.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, April 04, 2008 11:33 AM
Ebay shifters are fine, but when you buy it dont expect any quality. B&M has a million mile warrenty, so you can be rest assured they wont break. I have a B&M, and I love it! Probably my favorite mod. Its so precise, and nice short, tight shifts.
Friday, April 04, 2008 11:35 AM
Sorry, meant megan. My bad. But yeah, the one I saw looked almost 3 inches shorter, kind of like a 350z shifter. The thing i dont like about the B&M is that it doesnt shorten it a whole lot, and it's expensive...ish.

Friday, April 04, 2008 1:00 PM
NightmaresCavy wrote:B&M =best

To make it even more simple.

B&M Made in USA, original people to make the shifters.

Everyone who copied B&M
Fidenza, eBay, Cozmo, and any other ones made in China at the same factory. Same exact item. Fidenza costs more because of the name Fidenza. If you buy both and compare they should be the same thing.

Friday, April 04, 2008 2:10 PM
i've been using my e-bay shifter a little over 4 months now, and i have had no problems what so ever with it. It's about 1 - 1.5" shorter then the B&M, and the shifts are tight and precise. Also came with a leather boot, and chrome ( yet @!#$in heavy [1lbs]) knob, which was swapped out for a leather Momo.

pictures (before Momo knob):

Saturday, April 05, 2008 6:42 AM
I always assumed the B&M and Ebay copies were all the same length, but I guess not.

This is good to know.

--------------------------------------------------------
2002 Sunfire -->
- Ractive steering wheel
- ASA 17" EM9 + Nexen N5000 215/45/17 (steelies for winter)
- D-Spec Lowering kit @ 1.4" (issues currently )
- Rockford P250.1 + MTX MZS1004 + Panasonic CQ-C8313U head unit
- Barely legal tint.
Sunday, April 06, 2008 6:51 PM
Thrice: that shifter knob looks EXACTLY like the one that comes with the Izn Trbl one...I'd be willing to bet it's the same one.

BTW, I just found the Fidanza one for $72 + $20 shipping at alamomotorsports.com, also the Megan one for $75 + $12 shipping at prostreetonline.com. These prices are way better than the $130 for Izn's and $150 for the B&M. Are they that much different? And are there any pics of the Fidanza or Megan that someone could post.
Sunday, April 06, 2008 8:18 PM
Yeah, i've always found the fidanza to be cheaper. More than have the price of the B&M

Sunday, April 06, 2008 8:19 PM
Half, not have...

Monday, April 07, 2008 9:29 AM
Quote:

Thrice: that shifter knob looks EXACTLY like the one that comes with the Izn Trbl one...I'd be willing to bet it's the same one.

BTW, I just found the Fidanza one for $72 + $20 shipping at alamomotorsports.com, also the Megan one for $75 + $12 shipping at prostreetonline.com. These prices are way better than the $130 for Izn's and $150 for the B&M. Are they that much different? And are there any pics of the Fidanza or Megan that someone could post.

HAH, i paied $50 SHIPPED! CANADIAN!!!....god i love e-gay

Monday, April 07, 2008 10:33 AM
Thrice . wrote:i've been using my e-bay shifter a little over 4 months now, and i have had no problems what so ever with it. It's about 1 - 1.5" shorter then the B&M, and the shifts are tight and precise. Also came with a leather boot, and chrome ( yet @!#$in heavy [1lbs]) knob, which was swapped out for a leather Momo.

pictures (before Momo knob):

Yours does not look any shorter than my B&M. I would not want one any shorter than the B&M anyway. See for yourself.

My only gripe about the B&M is the solid alluminum knob that it comes with and the that a B&M shift knob is about $50 bucks.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, April 07, 2008 1:17 PM
We can get the Fidanza one also...

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, April 08, 2008 6:15 PM
Turbo Tech:
How much would the Fidanza be after shipping to 85212?
Tuesday, April 08, 2008 10:50 PM
Nvm, I just found one on ebay for cheap. Now I need to go design my shift knob
Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:56 PM
Ralco, 70 bucks shipped, There is a pic in the interior section. Seen it in person. heavy ass knob tho.

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Friday, May 17, 2013 8:15 AM
I don't mean to bump old threads, but does anyone know what size knob I need to replace the one thats on the ralco 914836 short shifter

<CavElite>
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search