Thrice's Turbo TC/Q4 Hybrid Build - Page 5 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Thrice's Turbo TC/Q4 Hybrid Build
Friday, March 20, 2009 5:41 PM
i can have your intake cam tower bored to 35mm.

pm me if your interested.

(either of your dale or thrice)

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...

Saturday, March 21, 2009 8:21 AM
Thanks Zyaaaa but there is ashop local to me that's going to take care of mine, but it's good to know that someone else out there can help others with this mod when it's needed. And I'm sure when folks see how much whp/wtq can be made with turbo hybrids and HO & larger cams I think you'll be getting lots of requests to mod their stock towers so they don't have to fudge with changing their power steering.
Thursday, March 26, 2009 11:36 AM
z yaaaa wrote:i can have your intake cam tower bored to 35mm.

pm me if your interested.

(either of your dale or thrice)

Thanks for the offer Brad, but i'm running HO towers and the old 2.3 powersteering pump MUCH less hassle!

and Dale, i'm running a medium sized Borg Warner S200 stats are : Compressor-inducer: 49.5mm, exducer: 73.5mm; Turbine-inducer: 69.5mm, exducer: 61.5mm

This is just for this season, next season i'm upgrading turbos

Are either of you guys bothering with bronze valve guides?...i've thought about it but i don't even know if we have any available for the 086 head lol.

UPDATE:

Just got my Rocketparts NHRA valve springs from Ron Sibenick, w00t w00t!!...sadly i still need to get the cams from him lol.

just waiting on ARP studs and MLS HG from Karo. appearently he was sick in bed for a week...shytty deal.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 12:22 PM
I going to Ron's house and stealing your CAMS. lol

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, March 26, 2009 1:40 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:I going to Ron's house and stealing your CAMS. lol

Go for it..i stall haven't payed for em yet ahah.

soon enough though............soon enough....

I can only imagine what 8,000RPM tastes like.. *shakes fist at Sweetness*

Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:15 PM
one day i too will own a set of those damn cams.

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:17 PM
those are some damned beefy springs

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:50 PM
Yea Thrice I am running bronze valve guides in my 086 head, I got them from Karo and I ordered my HG2s from Ron and I'm also waiting on a set of the NHRA spec valvesprings from him.
Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:27 PM
Dale Young wrote:Yea Thrice I am running bronze valve guides in my 086 head, I got them from Karo and I ordered my HG2s from Ron and I'm also waiting on a set of the NHRA spec valvesprings from him.

Anychance you could share the what Karo charged you for the guides? If need be, PM me what you payed, i'm just figuring out all my money spacing lol

Friday, March 27, 2009 6:49 AM
Thrice . wrote:
UPDATE:

Just got my Rocketparts NHRA valve springs from Ron Sibenick, w00t w00t!!...sadly i still need to get the cams from him lol.

just waiting on ARP studs and MLS HG from Karo. appearently he was sick in bed for a week...shytty deal.

Hmmm, I may have to give Ron a call about those springs as well

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LG0/LD9 for Life
Friday, March 27, 2009 9:17 AM
Blwn LD9 wrote:

Hmmm, I may have to give Ron a call about those springs as well

Last time i talked to Ron about the springs he had got 4 086 heads all with the NHRA springs.

BUT, that was before I and Dale Young purchased sets, so i'm assuming he would had only 2 sets of them left.

So you may wanna jump on that quick since they aren't available anywhere else lol.

Monday, April 20, 2009 11:48 AM
Update:

On Sunday i finished modifing the Fetter Header so i can use my Tial 44mm Vband instead of the 35mmHKS that was on there.

I also got in my HO cam housings, 2.3L PS pully, ARP head and main studs kit.

In the mail are my new bronze valve guides, 2 custom head gaskets, and a new .83 A/R T3 16Trim housing finished in a Satin Black 2000F thermal coating.

Tomorrow my header goes off to get ceramic coated and i should have it back by friday.

Any input on if i should get my pistons coated? I've thought about it but it's not in the budget if i want my engine in the car by June. I need to know if it's REALLY worth it.

Monday, April 20, 2009 1:15 PM
Where did you get the bronze guides? How much?

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Monday, April 20, 2009 5:04 PM
Joshua Dearman wrote:Where did you get the bronze guides? How much?

I ordered them through Karo, but i can't say price because i got them at cost. He was nice enough to take a loss on them because he wasn't e-mailing me back, ever, and kept forgetting to ship things that i had ordered from him.

Hopefully he get back in the game and gets a the ball rollin'. I've heard he's been having a hard time with the economy in it's current state.

Monday, April 20, 2009 5:16 PM
sivalves.com makes them for both engines (2.3 or 2.4).

i just got mine today actually... LD9 part number is VG 9474/00, quad is VG 9440/00.

I'm tired of wasting my time... now I'm breakin' free.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:15 AM
Looks like you rejoined the "Busted Knuckle Club", Thrice.

I miss my Sunfire, I want it back!
MMMM, HIDs
You will be missed.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:17 AM
The Evil J wrote:Looks like you rejoined the "Busted Knuckle Club", Thrice.

My family keeps the Band-Aid people in business. lol

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:49 PM
Hey Thrice my Wiesco pistons are dry film & thermal barrier coated and my combustion chambers, all valve faces and exhaust ports are thermal barrier coated.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 6:48 PM
^^^ dear god how much did that all cost?!

when i build my turbo motor i wanna coat the tops of the pistons but damn... might just do all that as well.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 7:52 PM
^^^^^^^ Zyaaaa I will have to ask my engine builder because he is taking care of that but I believe the pistons were about $35 per piston and I'm not sure how much it is for the head.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:55 PM
..Is it really worth all that though? My skirts aren't even coated (i wish they were) and i don't really want to send them out to Swaintech and delay my build another month considering I'm already behind a month as it is!

Every shop i called tells me they haven't used coated pistons or even talked about coated pistons for a couple years now. Many of them said they didn't even notice a difference.

My only question is, then why all the hype about the coatings if alot of these turbo drag builders i've talked to don't even use it?

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:07 PM
its just something else to add to the mod list.

rofl

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:52 PM
Thrice . wrote:YOU KNOW IT!! First i'm going to clean up the spatter, and welds before anything. Possibly do a couple more passes on some areas that look a tad weak.

(no offense Brian, to your welding skills lol)

I take no offense, since I didn't do the welding

Doooogan did the flange swap, and it was in a hurry. We had to get the manifold done and on the car in about 2 hours. After I pulled it off, it was "intended" to get cleaned up before using it again, but alas I sold it.

Looks like you did a sweet job on it though, hope that elbow clears the firewall (and heater hoses).

BTW, can I get that flange back? (Turns out its a Tial Square flange, need it for the wastegate.)

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:17 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:
Thrice . wrote:YOU KNOW IT!! First i'm going to clean up the spatter, and welds before anything. Possibly do a couple more passes on some areas that look a tad weak.

(no offense Brian, to your welding skills lol)

I take no offense, since I didn't do the welding

Doooogan did the flange swap, and it was in a hurry. We had to get the manifold done and on the car in about 2 hours. After I pulled it off, it was "intended" to get cleaned up before using it again, but alas I sold it.

Looks like you did a sweet job on it though, hope that elbow clears the firewall (and heater hoses).

BTW, can I get that flange back? (Turns out its a Tial Square flange, need it for the wastegate.)

Haha, i was just looking at the flange today trying to remember what i was gonna do with it! PM me with your address and stuff and i can send it in an envelope. If you could paypal me $5 Canadian just to cover shipping, that'd be good too !

Friday, April 24, 2009 1:05 PM
I have a shizit load of great news towards this build. All of which will be announced and pictures shown tomorrow, because i am wiped from having to work on my day off.

I was just bored and excited before leaving work, hence, this 100% random and uninformative useless post

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search