Thrice's Turbo TC/Q4 Hybrid Build - Page 9 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Thrice's Turbo TC/Q4 Hybrid Build
Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:35 AM
Ok, 3 people reassuring me to go 2.3 is enough for me. Ordering a new quad waterneck as we speak. Thanks for the insight (yes, and that means you too Brad!)

..what every guy likes to hear...."you were right." haha

Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:35 PM
I've never had a problem with the 2.4 water neck...... hell, I even made a adapter for the HO head to use the 2.4 water neck!!! You just need to make sure you lube the O-rings before installing it.

Then again, what would I know.......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, May 28, 2010 2:15 PM
Can you spot the problem here?

Friday, May 28, 2010 2:40 PM
no battery?

Friday, May 28, 2010 3:36 PM
id say dexcool is the problem.

Anything worth doing is worth over doing.
Friday, May 28, 2010 4:33 PM
You're BOTH wrong.....The floor is dirty, someone could fall!

Friday, May 28, 2010 6:07 PM
or you could need a prior tetanus shot if you plan on working on that subframe.

Anything worth doing is worth over doing.
Saturday, May 29, 2010 5:59 PM
z yaaaa wrote:or you could need a prior tetanus shot if you plan on working on that subframe.

Canadian winters..boo-urns. Engine bay is 80% clean now. pictures tomorrow.

All that's left to clean is behind the brake Master/ABS module. Then i'm fixing some rust near the washer bottle and open up the hole the air box went through, to make rom for the 2.5" IC piping.

Saturday, May 29, 2010 6:13 PM
lol i was kidding man.

keep up the good work.

180hp in 1989 or 145hp in 2002, you decide. >
Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:25 AM
Small Update:

Well a lot has happened between May 30th and now, in my life. My girlfriend of 5 years and i broke up, but just recently started to fix things and we're on our way back together now. So i had absolutly zero intrest in anything to do with cars, let alone my own project. The only thing that has really been done, was Karo badgering Cometic for my head gasket that he only recieved a few days ago, when the order was put in late April/early May.

I just got a call from Karo lastnight telling me he's shipping the pistons and head gasket out this morning, and i should see them in 5 days. Other than that i got nothing as far as the project, but i'm buying a new DD and will be getting an apartment in the next 2 months so i'm not sure if the car will run this year now. I hate it when life gets in the way of fun lol.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:20 AM
x2. Ive decided to quit my turbo build also and just went with an m45 since my car is my daily driver. I got new job which requires more driving, and need to save money to get a place and be more financialy stable than worry about trying to have a 400whp daily driven j.

life priorities>modding

Thursday, July 15, 2010 5:28 PM
funny thing is i am running the same intercooler on my z24 turbo setup, from cx racing. works great, the guys over there have been good to me.
Saturday, July 17, 2010 12:20 PM
Thrice . wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:or you could need a prior tetanus shot if you plan on working on that subframe.

Canadian winters..boo-urns. Engine bay is 80% clean now. pictures tomorrow.

All that's left to clean is behind the brake Master/ABS module. Then i'm fixing some rust near the washer bottle and open up the hole the air box went through, to make rom for the 2.5" IC piping.

no thats just Ontario winters, with the salt and @!#$... thats why left....try to find a nicer subframe man, even if you have to order for Alberta at least you wont catch something for all the rust lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:32 AM
Update:

Got my head gaskets and piston kit in today! Goddamn these pistons are hot! Also bought a new "beater".... most of you will hate me for it not being my "fun" car lol. Pictures will be up when i find the cable to my Nikon.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:44 AM

and my new "beater"

w00t w00t.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:50 PM
Is that a '04? '05? My wife has a '05 Mazda 3 Sport Sedan..... I believe the only 3 options she's missing are the heated seats (I see the buttons in your pic), pop up navigation, and the automatic headlights. Its a pretty nice car, I even tried to get her to trade it straight up for a '04 WRX, but I couldnt get her to do it! lol.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:55 PM
Thrice . wrote:

w00t w00t.

You're confused...it's pronounced "zoom zoom"

I have no signiture
Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:47 AM
Baha.

It's an 06, came with every option available other than the MZR engine, and nav. Got it for one hell of a deal (in Canada anyways) After taxes and a $500 extra inspection package (they replace ANYthing) the total was $10,895 CAN. Paid in full ...which is why the fire won't be done this year lol

Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:05 AM
bit too much dish for me but them be bonerifc!

Oldsmobile all motor > Saab/Opel boosted
Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:13 PM
Factory HID's and motorized headlight adjuster? Not sure if they did away with them, or if they weren't available in Canada, but the wife's '05 have them.

Not a bad price at all! I think she paid $12k US for her '05 last year.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:45 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:Factory HID's and motorized headlight adjuster? Not sure if they did away with them, or if they weren't available in Canada, but the wife's '05 have them.

Not a bad price at all! I think she paid $12k US for her '05 last year.

Projectors yes, HID's no. I'm not sure if they were available as an option before 08 in Canada. I very well could be mistaken though. I do know HID's are for sure available on 09/10's here. Motorized headlight adjuster i had NO idea was even an option on these cars in general lol. So i guess HID's and adjuster's also make the list of stuff i don't have. BUT, i do heart my rain sensing windshield wipers no matter how basic their function lol

Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:49 PM
z yaaaa wrote:bit too much dish for me but them be bonerifc!

Thanks Brad! 7.9:1 CR haha! Next year should be entertaining...assuming i actually get the chance to take all my @!#$ to the friggen machine shop!

Saturday, November 27, 2010 11:08 AM
Just a little update as far as my DD goes, the motors toast lol. I've had the worst run of luck this year, i swear to god. Of course, this was no longer under warranty which ran out at 100,000kms or 5 years. I bought the car with 111,000kms and it died with 127,000kms. Gay... SO, took it to my local Mazda dealer for a new (used) engine with 58,000kms. $4485 out of pocket for an engine on a newer car i've owned for 3 months....ugh.

Reason for the engine blowing... Jiffy Lube, those cock sucking twat swatters. I got an oil change there on September 24th because i didn't have the time nor space to do it myself since we brought the mustang back into the shop for the winter season. I've never had an issue with Jiffy Lube before, had my oil done there on BOTH my 96 LN2, and 01 LD9 equipped sunfires, when i didn't have the facilities to use myself.

There was NO issue with the Mazda previous to the oil change, the car ran like a top, no CEL, warnings or anything of any kind, i was getting 550-600 kms to a tank, and passed emmissions with flying colours (canadian, eh).

So, when the engine started ticking like a mofo upon downshifting comming to a stop sign, i was scared @!#$less. Checked the oil, BONE F**KING DRY!!!! There is NO way, a perfectly good, running, structuraly sound engine burns through 3L of oil in 5 weeks with no CEL, coloured smoke from the exhaust or leaks/ giant @!#$ puddle on my driveway. It just doesn't happen.

So i added 3L of oil, drove it to work, dropped it off at the Mazda dealer and figured i'd bite the pillow and just take it because i can't proove ANYthing and make a claim of neglagence against Jiffy Lube.

/rant

Just needed to put that out there, i've been pissed for the passed week because now i can't buy my dad a new LED tv for christmas... balls.

Saturday, November 27, 2010 11:37 AM
god damn that sucks

Saturday, November 27, 2010 12:33 PM
Sucks, needs pictures of engine bay on the cavy now that you have cleaned it.

My girls Saturn burns oil like that no CEL or smoke.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search