Need more Power for my cavy - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Need more Power for my cavy
Sunday, November 09, 2008 10:29 AM
no you asked this

Quote:

How can a remove the governor so it will go beyond 110 mph...

not how to get there faster

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Sunday, November 09, 2008 11:13 AM
99redz24 wrote:
JBO Chat User: SpeedlineZ wrote:
99redz24 wrote:i got the secret cam swap for less than $100 at a local u pull it yard.

yea... you could do that if you want used parts... =P

Ryan Phillips wrote:I have Kyb AGX with 2 " drop.
Front Strut bar

Thats it???? you need to do a bit more to be safe above 80 Mph.

they are cams. its not like they are going to be worn out

That's a pretty ignorant statement...especially considering we are talking about Quad4/TC engines that wear the lobes significantly faster than just about any other engine because of their direct lobe to lifter interface. I have a used HO exhaust cam that I measured with a dial indicator, and it is significantly worn down from the .410" it's supposed to be. Mileage and Engine abuse have significant effects on lift.

Ryan Phillips wrote:F*Ck You It handles fine over 90 mph. All I asked was how to get there faster.

No you didn't. But if you must know, you aren't going to get there without forced induction, spray or serious engine modifications. And FYI, a 2" drop on AGX's is a terrible idea.

From statements like these...
Ryan Phillips wrote:That sounds good. I also heard of an acceleration Booster, any Ideas, I don't think its worth it. But I got smoked by a stock z24 with only an "acceleration Booster".

Ryan Phillips wrote:I only have a couple hundred max. would like took keep it cheap if possible. I also have a lot of time to make more.

How can a remove the governor so it will go beyond 110 mph...

...it is clear you have very little knowledge of automobile engineering right now. And you clearly don't have the funds to trap over 107 mph in the 1/4 mile and most likely not on a circle course either, so it is obvious you are asking how to remove the governor to achieve a higher top speed on the streets/highway. Buy yourself some books (not magazines) or visit your library to educate yourself better on engine and suspension design. I just pray you grow up a little before you go out and kill yourself or worse, someone else.

I have no signiture
Sunday, November 09, 2008 11:29 AM
its people like this that A.) shouldnt be modding cars, and B.) give cavalier owners bad rep......

Sunday, November 09, 2008 11:33 AM
You are the very reason I agree with the national driving age being moved to 18. There is a simple equation to getting more power, more air + more fuel, that's it cut and dry. Now instead of making a rediculous post making yourself look like a jackass, you should learn how to search, as most newbs lack the ability to do. There is literally hundreds of posts on how to get more and what each mod does. As for the 110 thing, are you really that eager to loose your license?

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Monday, November 10, 2008 4:24 AM
We dont run on the street, And F*ck U I know more on motors than U do I grew up around Race cars.

Monday, November 10, 2008 8:01 AM
Ryan Phillips wrote:We dont run on the street, And F*ck U I know more on motors than U do I grew up around Race cars.

You have quite an impressive vocabulary, there. If someone tells you they have an "acceleration booster" and you don't even bother to question them what they mean by it , if you don't know what governs a car's top speed, and if you don't know how to make a vehicle trap near or over the governed speed in the 1/4... then I'm going to have to go with: no you don't know more than us, and I will contend that you don't know much at all.

You just turned 16. It's fair that you shouldn't know everything. So please don't try to fit the stereotypical "teenager knows all" motif. You will have plenty of time to learn. I was trying to give you constructive criticism before, but whatever, I don't care anymore. Have a nice day and drive safe

I have no signiture
Monday, November 10, 2008 8:26 AM
Ryan Phillips wrote:We dont run on the street, And F*ck U I know more on motors than U do I grew up around Race cars.

lmao. dude, stop getting your panties in a bunch.
you grew up around race cars. ok i can buy that....for a second.
you ask about an "acceleration booster" which anyone with half a brain knows they are crap but you grew up around race cars.
then you ask how to remove the speed limiter which should be an easy thing to do for anyone who grew up around race cars.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, November 10, 2008 9:16 AM
Ryan Phillips wrote:How can a remove the governor so it will go beyond 110 mph...

No.
Your car was not designed to go above. That's why it starts quaking at 100.
Once you do suspension work and can actually pass 110 in the quarter someone will tell you how.

I'd suggest getting a high flow cat (if you haven't already), getting a performance clutch and lightweight flywheel, and replacing your motor mounts. Past that look into suspension. That is most of what you can do without digging into the engine.

Monday, November 10, 2008 9:38 AM
I just asked if anyone heard of an aceleator booster!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:08 PM
Ryan Phillips wrote:I just asked if anyone heard of an aceleator booster!

If it's anything like the flux capacitor I've got bad news...

Thursday, November 13, 2008 5:53 AM
Wow, thanks for the help!

NOT

Thursday, November 13, 2008 6:57 AM
Ryan,

First of all, as it has been mentioned, no one is going to tell you how to get past the speed limiter. Once you can make your car quick enough to need to go past that, we won't need to tell you how to get past it.

An aceleator booster isn't any particular device. You can call anything that make your car accelerate quicker an accelerator booster, such as a turbo set-up, a supercharger, a nitrous oxide system, even a header or camshaft(s).

Do some research on your motor and car, there's some great info on here. Most any question you might have has probably been asked. Use the search feature first, try different wording if you don't find what your looking for. Even try just going over the first few pages of a forum for similar questions and read them. Most of the time if you just jump on here and ask a question without any research, you'll get flamed as has happened here (even I can be guilty of flaming from time-to-time). After a while we get tired of answering the same question multiple time a week. The newbies forum is a great place to start. You'll learn much more if you do the research fist. There's no magic part that will make your car the quickest thing out there. The car is only as good as it's slowest/weakest/etc.. part. It is a system, if all the parts aren't matched for it's intended purpose, you won't reach it's full potential.

Thursday, November 13, 2008 12:25 PM
this is how you get past the governor

1997 Cavalier Z24
Bomz Short Ram Intake
Vibrant Cat-Back
KYB GR2 Struts
Goldline 1.75" Springs
RK Sport Upper Insert
RK Sport Lower Dogbone
Custom Tune by Shane @
innovativetuning@rogers.com

15.647 @ 88.02 MPH
Thursday, November 13, 2008 12:56 PM
I'm guess that what you meant by "acceleration booster" was one of those ebay chips. Those literally do nothing. The guy in the Z24 was probably just better with shifts.

Thursday, November 13, 2008 5:32 PM
Skunk wrote:You are the very reason I agree with the national driving age being moved to 18. There is a simple equation to getting more power, more air + more fuel, that's it cut and dry. Now instead of making a rediculous post making yourself look like a jackass, you should learn how to search, as most newbs lack the ability to do. There is literally hundreds of posts on how to get more and what each mod does. As for the 110 thing, are you really that eager to loose your license?

Well put

Friday, November 14, 2008 6:27 AM
Vitamin E (AKA Eddie) wrote:
Skunk wrote:You are the very reason I agree with the national driving age being moved to 18. There is a simple equation to getting more power, more air + more fuel, that's it cut and dry. Now instead of making a rediculous post making yourself look like a jackass, you should learn how to search, as most newbs lack the ability to do. There is literally hundreds of posts on how to get more and what each mod does. As for the 110 thing, are you really that eager to loose your license?

Well put

x2. ive never had the need to go faster than 108 and i only did that once in the 2 years ive had the car. lol and also in addition to more fuel and air, stronger spark and a well balanced engine are are couple of other key points into making more power (or so my teachers at lincoln tech teach) but it does make sense.

"still want to smash that like the fist of an angry god"
Friday, November 14, 2008 3:04 PM

then why are you here asking how to make more power? you already know, right?

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Saturday, November 15, 2008 4:46 AM
Maybe he was talking about RC cars

Saturday, November 15, 2008 7:49 AM
Ryan Phillips wrote:... I know more on motors than U do I grew up around Race cars.

And I was working on race cars since before you were born. In fact, I probably started working on cars before your daddy could procreate. So don't think you know as much as you think you do.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 12:39 PM
I never said I was a Smart Ass I just was saying I know cars!

Saturday, November 15, 2008 1:13 PM
haha OP bailed...
shove of kid. learn to be nicer about things you may be surprised what kind of answers you get...

i can tell you what you wont get though

a. how to remove the governer.
b. how to make your car fast enough to kill yourself and others

and if you wanna take your car to limiter all the time, get a spare motor, you will need it. without modding to a greater degree these cars are not made to hit 108 every day.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 4:46 PM
You know what I love.....how kids these days have no respect for ANYONE who is older than them. It gets worse and worse every year. This is just another example of that. The language you use will get you nowhere. Maybe you remember the saying, "treat others, as you would have them treat you", well learn it and use it.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 5:28 PM
I hate people like this.

They give young people (like myself), a bad name.

He makes people think all teenagers are dumb, "all knowing" A$$ wipes.

I know I don't know everything about cars, I have a lot to learn, and I enjoy every minute of it.

But back to the OP.
don't throw the "i grew up around cars" bs defense out there.
If you needed help about a mod under the 200$ price range, then you obviously don't know jack.

Every time somebody asks me how to take the speed limiter off, i tell them "unless you can trap 107+ in the 1/4 mile, you have no need having it off, and once you can trap that speed, you should know how to do it yourself.
But this has already been said many times already.

And one last thing
You are, by no means, smarter then Skunk.
I don't personally know him, but i know the work he has done with the white car, and I admire his skills.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 5:48 PM
I never said I Know EVERYTHING. I want to learn more, (thats why I am asking you). You guys started ratting on me!!! I just have Questions!!!!!

Saturday, November 15, 2008 6:09 PM
You want to learn how to drive 107+mph on the road?
Is that the kinda stuff you wanted to learn?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search