THE OFFICIAL INTAKE THREAD - Performance Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
THE OFFICIAL INTAKE THREAD
Monday, February 18, 2008 4:11 PM
Because of the constant relentless postings by people asking repeatedly, "What intake should I get?" and "Is this intake good?" I am making the official intake thread. Here it goes people, this thread will not require much elaboration, and hopefully it will solve some problems.....

AN INTAKE IS PIECE OF PIPE WITH A FILTER ON THE END OF IT.

NO, YOU WILL NOT GAIN 20 HORSEPOWER.

YES, THE EBAY INTAKES WILL WORK.

YES, YOU CAN PAY $200 FOR A NAME-BRAND INTAKE, NO IT WILL NOT GAIN ANYMORE THAN AN EBAY INTAKE.

IF IT IS IN THE ENGINE BAY, MAKE A HEAT SHIELD FOR IT, IF NOT RUN IT TO THE FENDER OR BY THE BUMPER.

NO, YOU CAN'T ASK ANY MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS ON JBODY. THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN COVERED HUNDREDS OF TIMES, USE THE FREAKING SEARCH BUTTON.

YES, MY CAPS LOCK IS ON BECAUSE I AM YELLING.

NO, THE TURBONATOR WILL NOT WORK.

NO, "TORNADO'S" DO NOT WORK.

NO, THROTTLE BODY SPACERS DO NOT ADD POWER.

NO, AN A/C LINE TO YOUR INTAKE WILL NOT GAIN YOU HORSEPOWER. IT IS NOT EVEN PLAUSIBLE.

INTAKE = COOL SOUND, BETTER THROTTLE RESPONSE, AND A MINOR HORSEPOWER INCREASE.

I hope this answers your question Mr. Newb. You don't need to worry anymore whether or not that sweet piece of painted aluminum tubing is going to enable you to beat your buddies Talon, or your brothers Civic, because it probably won't. Focus on creating a better car that makes you happy. I am in no way saying that an intake is worthless. It is a critical part of a well performing engine, but there really isn't much science to your basic cold air intake.

Re: THE OFFICIAL INTAKE THREAD
Monday, February 18, 2008 4:16 PM
Huh
Nicely said... poorly worded lol

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Monday, February 18, 2008 4:25 PM
A +

will read again

Monday, February 18, 2008 4:31 PM
So will a cold air give you more power then a warm air intake? lol..j/k.

Sticky this please even though we will still be bombarded with a million intake threads sticky this!!!
Monday, February 18, 2008 4:44 PM
You're my hero

Monday, February 18, 2008 6:09 PM
bmxludwig wrote:

Hahahahahaha!!!

Monday, February 18, 2008 6:44 PM
Monday, February 18, 2008 6:51 PM
Newbs on jbo will probably mistake you for god..lol..thank you 4 claryifing that for people
Monday, February 18, 2008 8:04 PM
thats was by far the funniest thing ive read on here
Monday, February 18, 2008 8:12 PM
What if I drill holes in my airbox? You guys remember that one.

This is funny Props for making it.

OH yeah STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, February 18, 2008 8:21 PM
CraiGT wrote:
bmxludwig wrote:

Hahahahahaha!!!

X2

Monday, February 18, 2008 8:32 PM

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Downpipe w/ Cutout | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Monday, February 18, 2008 8:40 PM
But seriously, sticky the @!#$ out of this.

Monday, February 18, 2008 8:47 PM
how will the front mount intake work ? i heard it good almost like a small turbo ?

Monday, February 18, 2008 8:51 PM
azncav 2.2 wrote:how will the front mount intake work ? i heard it good almost like a small turbo ?

yep like a turbo

Monday, February 18, 2008 8:52 PM
Quote:

NO, AN A/C LINE TO YOUR INTAKE WILL NOT GAIN YOU HORSEPOWER. IT IS NOT EVEN PLAUSIBLE.

HeY tHATS LIKE MY IDEA MAN. I own the rights to that idea.

But other wise great post. just idiots right! Take the air intake pipe and filter off! If YOU WANT some freeking performance!

The ld9 comes with a decent enough intake on it. put your money somewhere else!

"certified 10 extra ponies"...........Yeah right

Hit the nail on the head there.

Monday, February 18, 2008 8:54 PM
bmxludwig wrote:
azncav 2.2 wrote:how will the front mount intake work ? i heard it good almost like a small turbo ?

yep like a turbo

i do hope you dont think i was serious ... haha

Monday, February 18, 2008 8:55 PM
If I put a HO intake I'm gonnna gain so much HP. It'S GOING TO BE LIKE having a HO 2.4! It's just gonna be wild and crazy

Monday, February 18, 2008 9:11 PM
azncav 2.2 wrote:
bmxludwig wrote:

yep like a turbo

i do hope you dont think i was serious ... haha

lol i didn't

Monday, February 18, 2008 9:45 PM

Best post EVAR. Sticky?

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, February 18, 2008 10:03 PM
Can I run a house from my AC vents to my throttle body and run the A/C full blast?

Monday, February 18, 2008 10:11 PM
can i put another engine in my trunk and have 4 wheel drive

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:43 AM
This will only be good as long as it's one of the first five posts, after that very few noobs will read it. As for sticky, noobs don't read them, hence all the posts about intakes.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 3:34 AM
Repost!!!!

This is probably not going to be stickied since Event already covered it in his sticky. And as for noobs asking about it, you just maybe prevented it for a week or until it falls off the 1st page. Anyway nice vent thread.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:23 AM
JsUn wrote:Can I run a house from my AC vents to my throttle body and run the A/C full blast?

i doubt the AC in your car is enough to cool your house. go get central air.

1997 Cavalier Z24 - 16.3 in 1320 and falling...
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search