adjustable cam gears for ld9 - Page 3 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: adjustable cam gears for ld9
Saturday, January 17, 2009 10:38 AM
Any updates on the 1.9 cam gears working?

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous

Saturday, January 17, 2009 11:44 AM
Haven't gotten any yet....

Would like a set of OE cam gears to compare them to my 2.3/2.4 gears i have laying around.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Saturday, January 17, 2009 4:31 PM
@!#$ man.....your no further along with this than I am and I never volunteered to help.....geeez.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Saturday, January 17, 2009 5:08 PM
hey.. the economy has to be to blame!

I believe I can see the future... as I repeat the same routine....
Saturday, January 17, 2009 7:25 PM

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Sunday, January 18, 2009 11:16 AM

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 8:11 PM
So, no one has a set of stock gears for me to look at?

sucks.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 8:24 PM
like do u just need pics/? i can go get some now

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 8:50 PM

Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:38 AM
Um...

I, do NOT need pics of OE LD9 Cam Gears.

I need OE Saturn Cam gears IN MY HAD to compare with LD2|LG0\LD9 gears.

Thanks though!

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Thursday, January 22, 2009 5:37 AM
o @!#$ sorry thought u need ld9 my bad

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:17 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:
( I HOPE {don't get mad.} by how the sprocket looks, that this will work with the 2.3 and not the 2.4..... although i have swapped stranger things around....)

Chris

I'll bet it will closer match the LD9 style gears since the time frame of engine design would be a lot closer.......and yeah....this was a barely useful bump, I'll admit it.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:26 PM
Do you guys need a set made?

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:35 PM
ummm...

YES

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:46 PM
Hahaha and an easy access timing cover.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:51 PM
YES

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 9:24 PM
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:43 AM
Ive also been thinking of doing this. well i already came up with ideas and now its just making them work. I wont be doing the stock chain method. ill be going with the belt. I know its been done, but mine will differ and i have an idea of how we can still use the stock water pump. I have finals coming up so no time in revealing this soon. I like the stock chain idea also but having easy access to the timing cover will be difficult. Also i have found a set of adjustable cam gears with the same number of teeth and radius, for belt driven.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 1:01 AM
OEM wrote:Done. i will get started.

Thank you

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:41 AM
Wow, ADJ cam gears??!! Can't wait to see em. I dont even know how to use em hehe

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:42 AM
mark owns once more!

and yes.. an easy access timing chain housing cover would be freaking AMAZING to go along with them. all we need is just enough room to get in there and adjust things as well as be able to see what were doing.

there's two 'bumps' built into the cover right over the gears ir i remember correctly. you could possibly have those machined out and have two access panels made to be able to bolt over the holes (omg in cear acrylic would be SICK if possible)

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:23 AM
z yaaaa wrote:there's two 'bumps' built into the cover right over the gears ir i remember correctly. you could possibly have those machined out and have two access panels made to be able to bolt over the holes (omg in cear acrylic would be SICK if possible)

Man I actually was thinking about that 'bump' area on the timing cover being clear acrylic last time I was putting the engine together. That would be so sick and easy to do cams. All we'd need is some kind of gasket to prevent oil leakage.

Now that im thinking about it, clear probably wouldn't look good seeing how oil would be caked on the other side lol.

But an access panel would be great!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:43 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:there's two 'bumps' built into the cover right over the gears ir i remember correctly. you could possibly have those machined out and have two access panels made to be able to bolt over the holes (omg in cear acrylic would be SICK if possible)

Man I actually was thinking about that 'bump' area on the timing cover being clear acrylic last time I was putting the engine together. That would be so sick and easy to do cams. All we'd need is some kind of gasket to prevent oil leakage.

Now that im thinking about it, clear probably wouldn't look good seeing how oil would be caked on the other side lol.

But an access panel would be great!

RTV would work, no?

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 10:50 AM
sorry but leave the rtv to the ecotec's.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:02 PM
I dont know what you just think but I kinda think a nice (12) or so chrome hex bolt pattern around the cams on the cover would look sick. use a good rubber gasket like from a tranny, actually thats where the design for the access port should start. Go to an autoparts store and walk in the back with a cam cover and look at all their loose gaskets....find one that looks good and start cutting. Weld on thin nuts onto the back of the timing housing where possible and your on your way.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search