Mechanical O2 Simulator($5 mod that WORKS for 96+) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Mechanical O2 Simulator($5 mod that WORKS for 96+)
Friday, July 01, 2005 11:10 PM
I shard this great mod with my Honda community, & now I want to share it with you guy, Its great, cheap, easy, & works.

http://totalhonda.net/vb/showthread.php?p=1732

H O N D A, oh how well love it when we smokin V8s, all day, every day, it dont stop, Im rolling in my Honda like Im running from the cops.
BUT Now you know, cause you're Jon Doe, in a black bag, a tag on your toe, I built the Honda, I felt the pain, you're victimized with no one to blame, you're just another victim kid.....

Re: Mechanical O2 Simulator($5 mod that WORKS for
Friday, July 01, 2005 11:24 PM
How is this a simulator if it still has the sensor there?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, July 01, 2005 11:26 PM
now if I only had a cat....

I just have a test pipe so my sensor would be dragging on the ground

dammit...

I have a sim too but it just dosen't work... I get "p040 2nd sensor heater circuit malfunction" or some crap....

the car runs fine but the CEL light sucks...

Friday, July 01, 2005 11:30 PM
what it does is space the sensor out from the main flow of the exhaust stream

and in doing so slows the readings from the o2 sensor , which is the way it should read is slow voltage flucuations

some of the high flow cause the after cat o2 to read fast like the front o2 which sets the code

Friday, July 01, 2005 11:31 PM
A honda on jbody?

AkA joe m.

Ricer ELIMINATOR!
Friday, July 01, 2005 11:37 PM
blackNAcavie wrote:A honda on jbody?

Your late... Ive been here.

H O N D A, oh how well love it when we smokin V8s, all day, every day, it dont stop, Im rolling in my Honda like Im running from the cops.
BUT Now you know, cause you're Jon Doe, in a black bag, a tag on your toe, I built the Honda, I felt the pain, you're victimized with no one to blame, you're just another victim kid.....
Friday, July 01, 2005 11:38 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]what it does is space the sensor out from the main flow of the exhaust stream

and in doing so slows the readings from the o2 sensor , which is the way it should read is slow voltage flucuations

some of the high flow cause the after cat o2 to read fast like the front o2 which sets the code
Your right. & it works. Great for people who have a gutted cat or test pipe.

Friday, July 01, 2005 11:40 PM
so what does it do to affect the performance of the vehicle...i understand the concept of it not being in the direct stream of the exhaust flow...but how does it make it run after doing it? and does my new magnaflow cat which is being shipping to me now have an o2 sensor bung?

AkA joe m.

Ricer ELIMINATOR!
Friday, July 01, 2005 11:48 PM
You dont need it if you have a working cat. This keeps the ECU from detecting a high voltage signal from the downstream O2 sensor & kicking the CEL on & puting the car in LIMP mode. In LIMP mode the ECU trys to coprrect the problem till the 2nd O2 reads correctly. Which it cant do.

Friday, July 01, 2005 11:55 PM
I'll get my car to a muffler shop to make them drill a hole and install a nut (that I found after going to 3 stores... ) I'll see if it will still throw me a code once the O2 sensor is back on (I have a magnaflow Hi flow cat) If it still give me a code I'll try this thing....

Friday, July 01, 2005 11:56 PM
well that answers that. thanks

AkA joe m.

Ricer ELIMINATOR!

Saturday, July 02, 2005 12:33 AM
the after cat o2 doesnt do much on our cars other than moniter the cat , and set the light

no real side effects

Saturday, July 02, 2005 8:25 AM
TheFlyingSquirrel (PJ) wrote:now if I only had a cat....

I just have a test pipe so my sensor would be dragging on the ground

dammit...

I have a sim too but it just dosen't work... I get "p040 2nd sensor heater circuit malfunction" or some crap....

the car runs fine but the CEL light sucks...

You do not have ot have a cat to do this. I do not, but plan to do this.

The WRX's have one of these made for them, that does the same thing. My friend with his STI (ex J owner has one), works great!!!!!

thanks for posting that!!!!!!!

There is no reason for your sensor to drag the ground unless your exhaust is mounted poorly!!!

FU Tuning

Saturday, July 02, 2005 10:06 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]the after cat o2 doesnt do much on our cars other than moniter the cat , and set the light

no real side effects
Well do this & you wont have a light. Would you rather see the light come on when somethings going wrong rather then the light always being on & something happens & you not know about that 2nd code?

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 11:22 AM
i get code P0420 somethign about catalyst threshold bank 1?? any input.. i like to get ideas before i start buying parts and doing work.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:05 PM
alex with the sedan wrote:i get code P0420 somethign about catalyst threshold bank 1?? any input.. i like to get ideas before i start buying parts and doing work.

I was getting that, do this cheap $4 mod. It works I have it done to mine.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:13 PM
I've got the same code: P0420, I have a turbo with no cat. Maybe I'll try this mod....
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 5:40 PM
Aaron5278 wrote:I've got the same code: P0420, I have a turbo with no cat. Maybe I'll try this mod....

Yes this should work for you.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 6:19 PM
John Higgins: Thanks for the help, does the thread on the spark plug things fit right into our o2 bung or do we need to make changes?
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 7:04 PM
listening........

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 7:39 PM
damn, im happy im not the only one that was throwing that code! haha

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 6:06 AM
Aaron5278 wrote:John Higgins: Thanks for the help, does the thread on the spark plug things fit right into our o2 bung or do we need to make changes?

Yes it will. It is 18mm. Also the one you drill out, you need to go to a drill bit bigger than 1/2 (can't remember the size). Our Sensor is fat on the end, the 1/2 inch bit does not make it big enough.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 6:07 AM
Also i have one of these made up ready to use, I will sell. I will take pictures later.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 9:56 AM
i had my muffler shop just do mine today.. so far no code ill keep it posted

my magnaflow decal gives me 100 hp!
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 10:38 AM
alex with the sedan - paint me wrote:i had my muffler shop just do mine today.. so far no code ill keep it posted

Very nice.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search