LE5 Intake Mani gains? - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: LE5 Intake Mani gains?
Friday, April 23, 2010 10:31 AM
Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:
Matt Burgess wrote:
Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:my car leaned out after 4500 rpms over 1.0 afr

so it def. flows A LOT more air. my problem is I need bigger injectors...

How is it up to 4500 rpm? Does it feel any better, run any better, or worse without a tune? Reason i ask is after i install mine it could be a week or so until i get a tune so i'm just curious. Thanks

it actually runs richer because I'm not moving enough air. we had it before that at wot it was 12.5 across the board. Now its like 11.3 @ 2k-4K and then goes way lean by 7k. at 7k Im over 13

were you cranking 7k on stock valve train? How long did it last?

Friday, April 23, 2010 11:10 AM
^^ it's lasted me well over 40k miles - the key is stock cams lol. I think 7k w/ stock lift is much better than 6.5k w/ ~0.425" lift

Friday, April 23, 2010 3:36 PM
Okay I understand it now, thanks. Do you not think with my current mods with these new parts that I'd at least get 15 peak whp?

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Friday, April 23, 2010 4:13 PM
Remember those gains were for just adding the 2.4 intake manifold. He is also wanting to add a 62mm throttle body, which would increase air flow even more. I'm not sure what other mods you've done but any kind of exhaust mod or work done to the head would greatly help with flow, more so for head work but either way you gain some increase in flow.

I'm thinking with just those two things and a good tune you should be able to get the 15whp that your looking for and maybe a little more. I'd like to see your results so be sure to post them up, either dyno or 1/4 mile times.
Friday, April 23, 2010 6:36 PM
SLO CAV (the autoxing one) wrote:
Matt Burgess wrote:

How is it up to 4500 rpm? Does it feel any better, run any better, or worse without a tune? Reason i ask is after i install mine it could be a week or so until i get a tune so i'm just curious. Thanks

it actually runs richer because I'm not moving enough air. we had it before that at wot it was 12.5 across the board. Now its like 11.3 @ 2k-4K and then goes way lean by 7k. at 7k Im over 13

I am still on stock valvetrain on stock cams

I was also turning 7000 rpms on 18 psi and comp turbo cams, on stock valvetrain for 6000 miles and never an issue lol

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, April 23, 2010 10:31 PM
Do it. Meet ran a 14.4 with that slicks and a cut out. Mine was a huge difference before I totalled it. Keep stock fuel rail tho. No need for a bigger one
Saturday, April 24, 2010 12:36 PM
SLO CAV (the autoxing one) wrote:
Matt Burgess wrote:

I am still on stock valvetrain on stock cams

I was also turning 7000 rpms on 18 psi and comp turbo cams, on stock valvetrain for 6000 miles and never an issue lol

nice man. Good to know. The le5 swap is my next mod and I want try to up my rev limit.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 8:25 PM
Do the LSJ injectors work on the 2200 motor too? or just the eco?

Saturday, May 01, 2010 6:15 PM
So did you get it tuned and dynoed today? I really want to know the results.
Sunday, May 02, 2010 12:38 PM
No sorry. Had to re-schedule for this upcoming Sat. I will keep you posted for sure.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 4:12 PM
I have a LE5 intake mani for sale, hit me up.. It's in great shape, came off Hahn's sons Cobalt SS 2.4 I was thinking about staying all motor when i bought it but now i'm going to continue with my saab setup.

Thursday, May 06, 2010 5:17 AM
Too late, would have bought it a few months ago. My mani is already installed. I drilled one 1/4 inch hole in the TB adaptor plate where the IAC valve should be. My car seems to idle fine so far but have not driven the car since the manifold installation. Will drive it to the dyno shop only and not get on it either until I get it fully tuned.

For any of you guys that live in the Tampa Bay or surrounding areas, I am getting tuned at www.provenpowertampa.com. The tuning guy is the same one I had tune my car a year ago. If anyone is interested in contact information let me know.

I have now had to schedule my tune for Monday. Something came up with him. So I am just waiting till next week!!

Thursday, May 06, 2010 6:09 AM
Matt Burgess wrote:I have a LE5 intake mani for sale, hit me up.. It's in great shape, came off Hahn's sons Cobalt SS 2.4 I was thinking about staying all motor when i bought it but now i'm going to continue with my saab setup.

pm'd.

Monday, May 10, 2010 8:26 PM
OKAY!!! I got some NEWS. I can post up pics of those interested in my DYNO results. Just GOT HOME from tuning. Took hours. I had bad 36LB injectors!!!! I had to resort to using my stock injectors with my new LE5 manifold.

FINAL DYNO RESULTS:

166 WHP and 144 TQ - I only went up about 11 WHP due to the stock injectors. I don't know how much more power I would have got if my 36lb injectors worked. One or two were bad! I seem to still have enough fuel even with STOCK INJECTORS. This I am really surprised about! Everyone here told me to get upgraded injectors - LOoks like I didn't really need them completely. I probably would have hit 170 whp with them. Not a big loss but wasted a lot of time diagnosing HPT PRO when it was not the problem.

My new REDLINE Is at 6800 RPM instead of 63 or 6500 RPM before - THe car has been tuned to rev limiter of 7100 RPM. But I get my most WHP at 6800- Definitely could feel the difference on top end. I dropped off TQ from 152 to 144 as I was told by you guys.

I really was hoping for 175 WHP.

Monday, May 10, 2010 9:44 PM
Im nothing but impressed with the gains this makes. The difference in QBE's car was immediate. The entire powerband improves not just up higher like adding an intake. Other than cams or exhaust it has to be one of the single best bang for buck power adding mods out there.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, May 10, 2010 11:21 PM
Wow 11hp, thats actually not too bad. More than i thought it would be.. post up the dyno sheets if you can

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:45 AM
yeah big difference

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:58 AM
You guys really think 11 WHP is good? I guess I wanted more like 20 LOL.. Well, stock injectors still. What do you guys have to say about that? How was I able to use my stock injectors with this mani? The tuning guy said I actually still had more fuel to use if I needed it. He knows A LOT about HPT. So using 36lb injectors which I BOUGHT Off someone on J-body were CRAP or at least like I said 1 or 2 of them did not work. BEWARE! Hope you trust whom you buy it from. I won't name names here!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 2:39 PM
I dont no too much about how much hp gains a certain mod will do but i would love to get 11 more hp out of my engine. i would have to say it sounds pretty good but its like what oldskool brought up, your max hp was 11 but your net gain is what really helps you.
Also, how does it feel to drive? does it feel alot more responsive or just a little better sense youve already have done some work?
Tuesday, May 11, 2010 5:15 PM
Well of course we all want more power lol, i think 11 is a decent number man. I mean its just an intake mani lol and by looking at your profile, it seems that you have re done the entire exhaust. Im sure if you build the motor up the manifold will make a larger difference. For example if you supercharge it, im sure the overall gain compared to the stock manifold will be more than 11whp

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 5:26 PM
Brandon Payne: The car feels a lot more responsive from 5 to 7 K. It pulls much faster and the best part too is when I pass 6 K the motor and sound coupled with the exhaust note make the car sound pretty nasty. This car has to be in the high RPM's to really show its power. That's kinda how I wanted it.

Daniel Thissen: That's true man! I think my next mods are flywheel and clutch. Should free up a lot more horsepower then patriot stage II head. Mods I plan to do this year.

Here is the deal I guess. I spent a total of $600 to get the mani, tuned and dyno shop time. I got 11 WHP. Car is faster, more powerful top end. Have not taken it out on interstate yet. Before it really pulled on top end for what I had specially in fourth gear. I can't wait to try it out though

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:48 PM
Nice gains!! 11whp, was expecting you to get a little more but you cant complain for $600. This will help a lot more when you start doing other stuff.

Did you end up getting a bored out throttle body too? Did you adjust your timing any when you tuned it?
Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:54 PM
SEE POST CALLED: "DYNO POST PIC - LE5 MANIFOLD ADDITION WITH RE-TUNE WHP NUMBERS!"
For a pic of the dyno sheet.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 4:05 PM
I have a 62mm TB - When you say timing, you mean manually adjust the timing on the cam gears? HPT tunes for CAM TIMING but i know its not the same thing- Maybe I should have?? I know HPT can do a lot but on our ECU's--- My tuning guy told me basically its crap.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 12:37 AM
What size brake booster do i need to tell autozone to get me for this intake manifold; they are not helpful. Thanks!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search