LE5 Intake Mani gains? - Page 4 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: LE5 Intake Mani gains?
Saturday, September 11, 2010 6:37 AM
That's what I was hoping. I was on a mustang dyno but not sure if It was the tune or lack of bigger injectors that only netted me 15 whp. I thought with my mods at least 20 -25 whp. I'm not a guru on this subject at all; you guys can call me out anytime. I am still looking for bigger injectors? Sell me some good ones. Then I'll see if I can fix the tune in combination with bigger injectors to give me at least 10 more whp. But Ben, I'm still gonna be slower or what with this mani? I'm confused

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Saturday, September 11, 2010 7:10 AM
i doubt your'e going to see an additional ten whp with larger injectors. although with a better tune like you said i suppose it's possible. i don't think you'll be slower with that mani but it's kinda starting to look like you're gaining power on the top end of the scale and sacrificing lower end pull. for a daily street driven car that's not really a good thing.

remember the thing about your dyno numbers is you lost almost as much torque as you gained in whp. to me that's not a good trade off. our cars having more torque than horsepower from the factory is what gives them that little peppy feeling. start losing torque when you've only got 150 or so to start with and you'll start noticing the car not wanting to "get up and go" as much as it used to.

i really don't see how this manifold is worth it honestly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, September 11, 2010 7:23 AM

Saturday, September 11, 2010 7:59 AM
That's what's happening. Not as peppy unless I drive it TOP END like a HONDA VTEC. The car has been driven 80 miles this year. Well I don't think I'm gonna take the manifold off just yet

Saturday, September 11, 2010 11:19 AM
Idk with mine on stock injectors and not tuned mine doesn't feel that much lower on the bottom end. It is livable for me. It's my daily driver as well. Mine kinda feels like it has vtec or something when I hit pe and it goes to 12 afr it feels really nice but before that I can tell I lost some tq but not much.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 11:22 AM
Sounds like to me you should drive it more I doubt your computer has had time to adjust your fuel trims yet idk. Mine isn't to bad.

Saturday, October 02, 2010 4:41 AM
I didn't think about that. I thought if I was tuned my computer is adjusted? I have not yet purchased new bigger injectors to replace my bad ones. Still driving with stock ones. Once I get re-tuned with 360 cc injectors or better I hope I'll gain more tq down end as I will gain HP on top end. Will it be enough torque to satisfy me? I'll keep you posted. Its hard to find a set of injectors that aren't 250 bucks.

Saturday, October 02, 2010 6:42 AM
if you can simply gain back the torque that's lost, or close to it, then it's worth it. the only reason you noticed a drop in power is because you lost so much torque. get some of that back and i'm in on this mod.

Saturday, October 02, 2010 7:43 AM
I think the mod is still worth it. 5800 to 7100 the car is awesome. If I can gain another 10 - 15 WTQ I'll be happy. I'll let you know blucavvy!

Saturday, October 02, 2010 8:00 AM
The only real dyno proof is on a cobalt w/ a MAF sensor. That means the car will to an extent adjust fuel for add'l airflow. Make no mistake, it is an extensive enough mod that tuning is required to realize the same gain that was seen on the cobalt L61. But there were obvious torque losses in the 2500-4000 range, and very obvious gains in the 4500-7000 range. I noticed it on my car. Luckily, we can add quite a bit of timing in the mid range and mid loads to make the car feel a little bit more peppy, even on 87 octane, not to mention what you could do with 93 octane on a dyno. I don't think it really affects the torque, but the throttle response is snappier. I added six degrees in places w/o a hint of KR.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search