IAT resistors, work. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
IAT resistors, work.
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 9:45 PM
So just for kicks and giggles I went by Radioshack the other day and bought some 4.7k resistors which reads 57 degrees.

So I have a 2200, and I went from running pretty consistent 11.5's to a 11.27.

For about 1.50 I gained about .300, it works, surprised the heck out of me and my buddies, I'm going to do more experiments with different resistors possibly.

http://kingenterprises.net/IAT-Timing-Tricker.htm

Re: IAT resistors, work.
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 4:40 PM
if u wanna completely kill knock retard look into putting a resistor on the sensor but install it when the engine is at a good performing stat and the right k,sized resistor will make it read that setting all the time but i wouldnt advis doing it for daily driveing but track use itl keep timing consistent

if it start the next day it can be driven harder
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 6:41 PM
i always thought they actually did help. and if you think about it they do however...

its just fooling the computer into thinking its really cold outside, basically what its like in winter. so in the cold weather your not going to gain anything.

Every time I scream "Release", I mean it, you know it. I feel the day. Black 7.
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 6:47 PM
lets see some dyno sheets first

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:02 PM
^^ why? his wideband proved it dumped more fuel. thats all he's saying.

he's not claiming its gaining horsepower. hell 2.4's run rich from the factory, i wouldnt doubt 2200's do the same so adding fuel wont do jack unless you have a need for it.

its just a bandaid mod is all. always has been.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:16 PM
I don't need a dyno sheet, I could barely get my car to 60 MPH in the 1/8, I get it to 61.7 or so now, with the 4.7K in.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:22 PM
z yaaaa wrote:^^ why? his wideband proved it dumped more fuel. thats all he's saying.

No, his 1/8 mile track times supposedly proved it added power. 11.5 to 11.27), could've been gained by different track conditions, launch, etc..

11.5 and 11.27 are not AFR readings in this case.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:28 PM
oh. lol ok then.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:35 PM
Well who ever doesn't believe me can kiss my ass, I know it works. I will try to get up to my brother in laws dyno about 1 hour from here and prove this crap to yall.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:35 PM
This post is one more reason I can't wait to part my car out and get the fu(k out of this community.

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:39 PM
lol , Im going to sale mine next year. ...slow as hell.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:51 PM

DON'T B RESISTA HATIN'

LMFAO...i don't doubt they do "something" but is that little tiny "something" making any serious difference bro? Your figures would suggest so...OK maybe not an amazing difference but for what ...under two bucks? That would be very interesting.

I'll be eating this post through my A**hole when he pops the dyno sheets on my punk noob A** right? I was taught that resistors were a scam...it's even practically written law in the JBO (and many other reputable places) that resistors are just that....

if you're right then the law must be re-written sir.
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:52 PM
BlackEco wrote:This post is one more reason I can't wait to part my car out and get the fu(k out of this community.

wow,that's two quotes in one night i've found of j owners talkin @!#$ bout there own rides minus the guy beneath me bout how they don't like there own rides,if you wanna get out get out,don't make useless posts bout how you wanna get out of this "community"

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:24 PM
Yeah...that wasn't cool. I'm just getting in and they're talking about bailing. You seriously don't want a dude like me running the show...ha ha...I know jack sh** about my J right now...and jack is doing hard time!

But it's sad to see all that knowledge that I wish I had already....sitting there fulla regrets talking about bailing out.....
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:34 PM
Verocity wrote:Well who ever doesn't believe me can kiss my ass, I know it works. I will try to get up to my brother in laws dyno about 1 hour from here and prove this crap to yall.

I went from 15.8 to 15.0 with nothing changed on my car. I guess some magical mod must've occurred besides the fact that it was a lot colder outside and I worked on my launch. The IAT resistor is a scam... faking data used in performance is bad.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:37 PM
actually.. its not a 'scam' persay... it does what its intended to do... trick the computer into thinking its colder outside thus getting more fuel dumped.

now.. with that said, dumping fuel aint going to help a damn thing. so, the idea is sound and works, but it doesnt really help so its pointless. you could do the same damn thing with hpt, an adfpr, or an fmu.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:38 PM
So your saying increasing timing doesn't make you run a faster time then.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:42 PM
Dyno sheet...http://www.dfwstangs.net/tech/cppp/CPPP.htm

...awaiting someone to knock on it.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:44 PM
And I'm sure Larry "Eternal" will back me up on this, he was there when I put the resistor on, I couldn't get better than about an 11.46, and I ran that for about 8 passes consecutively and I put it on and ran an 11.27.

Thursday, August 06, 2009 8:12 AM
So your a @!#$ty driver. My quickest in the 1/8 mile is a 10.2 with a S/C'd ecotec. I know if i let PJ take it for a few runs he'll have it in the 9s(1/8 mile).

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Thursday, August 06, 2009 9:06 AM
oh boy

Those times really prove nothing sorry to burst your bubble.

It's the placebo effect at its best.

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Thursday, August 06, 2009 2:58 PM
I done 9's in the 8th with my bolt on cavalier....lol
A 10.2 with a supercharged ecotec....That must have been a typo.....

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Thursday, August 06, 2009 3:04 PM
Nope, i need alot of practice at the track and need to set the car up for racing.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Thursday, August 06, 2009 3:13 PM
you should be in the LOW 9's with your car.....maybe high 8's

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Thursday, August 06, 2009 3:26 PM
I know.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search