AMMFAB 1st production ecotec race header is done!!! - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: AMMFAB 1st production ecotec race header is done!!!
Friday, April 15, 2011 11:53 PM
This would be nice...be better then the one I have now that rattles on my crossmember

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."

Sunday, April 17, 2011 8:57 PM
z yaaaa wrote:you guys gonna jet hot coat them?

Mine will be getting ceramic coated....don't thing its jet hot, but ceramic coated none the less.

Saturday, June 04, 2011 12:40 PM
ok finally got newts header welded, coated and pictures of it for here. i also put pauls header in there for comparison purposes ever though they are the exact same. newts is mild with the ceramic coating and pual is a stainless version..........

mike

i make neons and j-bodys go fast

Saturday, June 04, 2011 1:26 PM
Looks good

Can't wait to meet this Pual guy

Saturday, June 04, 2011 1:28 PM
Again looks epic Mike!

Saturday, June 04, 2011 2:26 PM
god that is so hot.

taking orders yet?

Saturday, June 04, 2011 2:46 PM
yeah the coated one was the proto the stainless was the first production one. and i made that like almost 2 months ago.

mike

Saturday, June 04, 2011 3:31 PM
good god those are pretty much two of the sexiest items i have ever seen produced for a j-body.

Saturday, June 04, 2011 4:31 PM

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 6:44 PM
sweet man cant wait to see this thing on my car and see what kinda gains it yields!

14.04 @ 101 ALLMOTOR
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 12:33 PM
so whats teh word on these... are the customers happy with them? havent heard much about them since the beginning.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:22 PM
Seems like mike has kinda disappeared off the map. Last I messaged him he said he was super busy.
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:29 PM
yeah ive tried and i know three or four others including neon people have tried. all motor mike seems to have gone MIA

Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:54 AM
Mike is in the wind again is he? lol

Personally, I love my header, fittment wasn't the best (doesn't actually hit anything tho which is awesome), the collector is tilted down which isn't a huge problem but also favors the driver side of the tunnel by quite a bit...made for welding the rest of the exhaust kinda tricky. Also the 02 bung location is too low on the side of the pipe, they are lower than 90*, no issues with them yet so far.

I know Paul was having a few issues regarding his 02 sensor switching properly, mine doesn't seem to have any issues, however it does throw an 02 code from time to time, I got annoyed with this and just turned them off in HPT.

The ceramic coating on my header is phenominal, 20mins after shutting the engine off the header is cool to the touch, as a comparison, the engine block/clyinder head/valve cover are still burn your hand hot to the touch. Very nice stuff on there, I'm pretty sure Mike said he used Jet Hot.

Overall like I said I'm am very happy with my header for the price I paid, whether it made any power over my 4-1 header I couldn't tell you since the whole set-up is different now and I would have no way to compare it.

Mike is a great guy, I think he just gets overwhellemed from time to time with the work load of trying to juggle his full time job and fabricating performance parts at night and on the weekend. That doesn't mean tho that I approve of the way he conducted his buisness with me, IMO there are better ways to deal with things than the way he did.

I word of caution to anyone ordering from him, you WILL get your parts...WHEN you get them tho is anyones guess...lol

PS. Mike, you still owe me the factory valve train from my LSJ head and the other side of my v-band flange and clamp I'm sure Paul wants his v-band flange and clamp as well

Thursday, October 06, 2011 1:04 PM
i have all ur stuff in a box dave along with pauls stuff, i changed positions at work and have been working 60+ hours a week, which is definitly good money wise but bad for guys who want side work. its finally starting to slow down though. give me ur addy in CA and ill get ur stuff in tyhe mail. as for everyone else, im still here and as my work load slows at my real job ill probably start getting on here more and more again. its sucks that aaron sold his car and jim parted his out as those were good advertsising cars for me on here. i am still doing side work and as dave said u will get ur stuff with me but i was definitely slow to get him and paul there stuff butin my defense i will say at the same time those werent my normal things that i have done like head porting or intake building........ sorry guys. dave hit me up and let me know about how ur car is going please.

mike

Friday, October 07, 2011 2:28 PM
glad you cleared this stuff up mike.

Monday, November 14, 2011 8:48 PM
Don't worry, you can advertise with me, lol.

I definately will need my LSJ head ported next spring and I might consider these headers.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:25 PM
Still no stock valve train or v-band flanges.

Sent you a PM on October the 7th with my address, again.

Saturday, November 26, 2011 6:45 PM
Pmed dave

Mike

Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:37 PM
Price on this? I JUST welded up my Pacesetter on my LE5 TVS, this would have been PERFECT!

BLOWN2POINT4 Ion Quad Coupe Autotragic