2.2 or 2.4 twin cam which do you think is better - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2.2 or 2.4 twin cam which do you think is better
Saturday, July 02, 2011 9:37 AM
brian- how big are those billet eco cams? i have a set that are .470 / .268 for my quad, should make power around 8000-8500 which is basically the limit of the stock lifters. now, solids... from what tim at mantapart tells me once they are dialed in the engine becomes one HELL of a beast, but as you said.. its a bitch to GET them dialed in. one of these days my machinist and i are going to tackle it and get a working setup, i can assure you. the base circle is so far removed off these cams im basically forced to run a solid lifter setup anyways, which is fine by me cuz id like to rev to 9000.

now, i also have a set of blanks... weather they are the big or small base circle is yet to be seen so i dont know exactly how far i can have them ground but... id like to see at least .510 lift out of them if i can get a solid lifter setup worked out.

as for the GMPP crank, well... ive also got a GMPP crank, lol but its for a quad 4. the thing is one hell of a heavy beast hahahaha

that head u mentioned may verywell be the head honcho among heads (no pun intended LOL) however... we have yet to see what my jim feuling 955 head can flow as well as ammfab's LD9 head. id be willing to bet either would give any eco head a damn good run for its money.

we have LD9 billet rod availabity, crower makes them.... AND ive got titanium quad 4 rods... something im pretty sure do not exist for any ecotec. if they do, i stand corrected but ive never seen or heard of any.

Saturday, July 02, 2011 10:03 AM
The GMPP ECOs are .499" lift and 247deg duration @0.050"

I have no signiture
Monday, July 04, 2011 11:12 PM
i would say the 2.4 but from what i heard they dont last as long.does anyone know why?
Monday, July 04, 2011 11:45 PM
my first ld9 lasted for over 221,000 miles unmodded and regular oil changes.

Sunday, July 31, 2011 10:49 AM
mine has 213,000 and still running with mods.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search