CAVALIER SS is on the road! - Page 4 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: CAVALIER SS is on the road!
Saturday, March 24, 2012 9:33 PM
wow all the hate

generally threads are bumped after an extended period of time when new information is presented to the thread...

The "bumped" post provided nothing new contributed to the thread... If nothing new is contributed, let the thread be...

Sunday, March 25, 2012 11:42 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:You bumped a 6 month old thread to say that?

Whats wrong with that?

exactly. its not like this place is hoppin like it used to be....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 25, 2012 11:43 AM

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Sunday, March 25, 2012 12:11 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:You bumped a 6 month old thread to say that?

Whats wrong with that?

exactly. its not like this place is hoppin like it used to be....
because the original poster has not posted here since Last Post: 2011-10-21 21:49:47

So the OP isn't here to get the comment...

Sunday, March 25, 2012 12:17 PM
so? why does he need to be here to have a conversation LOL

Sunday, March 25, 2012 12:19 PM
Jerremy Stanley wrote:I think that's effin' Fantastic! Great job! I wonder how long it will take someone to put a LS motor in one!
Hardly a conversation starter... looks to me like a message to the o.p.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 25, 2012 12:19 PM

Sunday, March 25, 2012 12:27 PM
"i wonder how long it will take for someone to put an LS motor in one" thats not a convo starter? LOL

i say that'd be awesome. aluminum block/heads and one HELL of a base to start on. hell you can boost an iron block 4.8/5.3 truck motor to over 1000whp with nothing more than some slight port work, ring gap changes, and a cam done to the engine!

Sunday, March 25, 2012 4:52 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:"i wonder how long it will take for someone to put an LS motor in one" thats not a convo starter? LOL

i say that'd be awesome. aluminum block/heads and one HELL of a base to start on. hell you can boost an iron block 4.8/5.3 truck motor to over 1000whp with nothing more than some slight port work, ring gap changes, and a cam done to the engine!

actually I think you can get that without doing those changes. 4.8 FTW!!
also just because the OP hasn't been on here does not mean he is not getting the message left.

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:04 PM
Why even have a forum at all if a dude can't comment on something he thought was cool? I'll wait for a reasonable answer ya ****.

EDIT: *INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE REMOVED*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 30, 2012 3:31 PM

Friday, March 30, 2012 3:35 PM
Sorry buddy. I was not under the consideration that the only reason for forums were for people to bump very old threads without looking at the last post date, which is essentially what happened here.

This case isn't so bad, 6 months, I was more so pointing out the age of the thread with my original comment... however, when this post was bumped, around the same time, several other threads that haven't seen posts in several years were also bumped by various people. I wish Dave would bring the Archive back...

Here's your reasonable answer... next time, the language will get you a ban. It is possible to attack someone without cussing at them.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 30, 2012 3:43 PM

Friday, March 30, 2012 5:31 PM
sorry kyle but if its not blocked by the language filter than its fair game.

Friday, March 30, 2012 5:53 PM
It is a fing message forum.

People should make up there minds. If you want people to search, then you can not complain when they post in a old topic.

FU Tuning

Friday, March 30, 2012 7:08 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:sorry kyle but if its not blocked by the language filter than its fair game.
3. No flaming or foul language. Bypassing the forum's built-in language filters may lead to immediate banning. English is the preferred language (with the exception of those Spanish and French speaking regions). Posts that are unintelligible will be removed. Racism is not tolerated on this site. http://www.j-body.org/forums/rules.php --- no where does it say that just the 2 words blocked by the language filter are against the rules...

Addicted to meth wrote:It is a fing message forum.

People should make up there minds. If you want people to search, then you can not complain when they post in a old topic.
You do have a point... however, i think a little bit of reason should be exercised before posting. this thread isn't that big of a deal... however threads 4 and 5 years old get locked immediately... If its 4 or 5 years old, the information may be outdated, and its safe to post a new thread... Searching should be used to find answers, not to find threads to post in...

Friday, March 30, 2012 8:06 PM
fine... call him a richard bag next time LMAO

Friday, March 30, 2012 9:42 PM
Noted.

Friday, March 30, 2012 10:42 PM
I don't think I saw this before. Looks pretty bad ass in my opinion.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, March 31, 2012 5:36 AM
Quote:

You do have a point... however, i think a little bit of reason should be exercised before posting. this thread isn't that big of a deal... however threads 4 and 5 years old get locked immediately... If its 4 or 5 years old, the information may be outdated, and its safe to post a new thread... Searching should be used to find answers, not to find threads to post

It is funny you say this. I have said this samething in the past and got blasted for it. This would also go for the stickies. We have stickies that are really old. Meaning the info is really old, and we could have more updated info.

This is one of the reasons I hate stickies. Yet I get people being pissy when I say do away with them.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with searching for info. My biggest issue with that is the search function on this site sucks and nevers works the same way twice in a row.

I also agree that you should be able to at least check the first page for a post close to what your looking for, if it does not exist, then make a new post.

Truely the site has been slowing down on new post. Not saying that is a completely bad thing, but still.

Still the bump on this post I do not think was a bad thing. Even if the OP no longer has the car he likely got a email that someone posted, showing some people still care.

FU Tuning

Saturday, March 31, 2012 4:03 PM
assuming now that the O.P. Subscribed to this...

Some fun facts here: We haven't seen anything from the O.P since this thread was bumped, and at this point he'd have an inbox full of emails.... Also the person who bumped this thread has 2 lifetime posts and has not been back on this site since bumping this thread... (so he was not intending on starting a discussion that he planned to participate in)... He's just a n00b...

Saturday, March 31, 2012 4:44 PM
lafonjef Online
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:
Jerremy Stanley wrote:I think that's effin' Fantastic! Great job! I wonder how long it will take someone to put a LS motor in one!
Hardly a conversation starter... looks to me like a message to the o.p.

Seems like the post did start a conversation. Thread is still going after 8 days... LMAO

Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:28 PM
so Kyle, you want people to create new posts on stuff, taking more bandwidth than replying to an existing thread? this just causes more problems of older members saying search rudely even if the OP already had searched for it previously and was looking for updated info, or, like the LN2 thread from 2006 that just came back looking for broken links in the thread.

IMO, bumping an older thread for new info is way more effective. proof is in that thread.

I need a new sig.
Forum etiquette
Sunday, April 01, 2012 1:05 AM
Not everyone says "Search"...

It appears that i have to explain this in detail....

example 1) "How do i do this" "Can i do this" "has anyone done this" --- this will lead to the "searching" response, and rightfully so

example 2) (in a new thread) "I searched, i found this, this, and this... I'm trying to do this. I need some help on this" -- This will 1) not get the "searching" response, and 2) improve the search results for others

example 3) (bumping an old thread) "I searched, i found this, this, and this... I'm trying to do this. I need some help on this" (keeping in mind that what the newbie is trying to do is not what the OP set the topic as in the original post, essentially thread jacking) --- the user will get replies by anyone who wants to read in to a possible long thread... this information will not be searchable unless someone uses "search by posts" vs "search by subject". contributing to the aforementioned "failtastic" search system. I mean, if people aren't willing to help our search system, they shouldn't complain about it... (Most people don't bother to change the subject of a reply when they go off topic in a thread, which kills the search feature)

example 4) (bumping an old thread) That's great. I'm not going to log in again, but i wanted you to know. --- this is about as useful as any post in AG. --- Being a newbie is inevitable --- being a stupid newbie can be avoided.

example 5) (bumping an old thread) I'm trying to do exactly or nearly exactly what the original poster is trying to do, but the links posted a while back no longer work. Anyone have them? --- This is acceptable and encouraged... the next time someone searches, the updated links will be in the thread...

example 6) (bumping an old thread) Hey its been a while, but I've made progress on whatever the original post was about and now I have more information to contribute. --- Again, this is acceptable and encouraged... the next time someone searches, more information will be included in the thread...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Sunday, April 01, 2012 1:08 AM

Re: Forum etiquette
Sunday, April 01, 2012 1:09 AM
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:Not everyone says "Search"...

It appears that i have to explain this in detail....

example 1) "How do i do this" "Can i do this" "has anyone done this" --- this will lead to the "searching" response, and rightfully so

example 2) (in a new thread) "I searched, i found this, this, and this... I'm trying to do this. I need some help on this" -- This will 1) not get the "searching" response, and 2) improve the search results for others

example 3) (bumping an old thread) "I searched, i found this, this, and this... I'm trying to do this. I need some help on this" (keeping in mind that what the newbie is trying to do is not what the OP set the topic as in the original post, essentially thread jacking) --- the user will get replies by anyone who wants to read in to a possible long thread... this information will not be searchable unless someone uses "search by posts" vs "search by subject". contributing to the aforementioned "failtastic" search system. I mean, if people aren't willing to help our search system, they shouldn't complain about it... (Most people don't bother to change the subject of a reply when they go off topic in a thread, which kills the search feature)

example 4) (bumping an old thread) That's great. I'm not going to log in again, but i wanted you to know. --- this is about as useful as any post in AG. --- Being a newbie is inevitable --- being a stupid newbie can be avoided.

example 5) (bumping an old thread) I'm trying to do exactly or nearly exactly what the original poster is trying to do, but the links posted a while back no longer work. Anyone have them? --- This is acceptable and encouraged... the next time someone searches, the updated links will be in the thread...

example 6) (bumping an old thread) Hey its been a while, but I've made progress on whatever the original post was about and now I have more information to contribute. --- Again, this is acceptable and encouraged... the next time someone searches, more information will be included in the thread...

^^^ Sticky????

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Re: Forum etiquette
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:28 PM
But then it won't be posted in for a few months and when someone has something to say in it they will be posting in an old thread with outdated information.

Just kidding, I think it would be a great idea to sticky it.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:49 PM
Really sorry about the lack of reply. I was looking for info on my new car project the last time and i was smashed by the comments made to me.So now i keep my info and good ideas to my self.Would love to show my new ford killer its allot cooler than my v8 cavi.Awd 96 grand prix limited edition loaded witha ls.v8.yep i said awd v8.BUT if i talk about it the bashing will start. So unlike my cavi ill keep this one to myself till om done.I don't mean to be richard bag but i wanted to trade info but none wants to play nice.so now unfortanitly im a sandbagger but still here.
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:13 PM
welcome to the world of forums... no one appreciates anything until its done... Like the 4G63 guy... had it been complete, and made some power... he would have had respect... but he posted too early, then never finished the project, and constantly gets brought up as an example...

I try to stay out of these things, though i do contribute my .02 cents when i honestly think the gains don't outweigh the money spent (like again the example, the 4g63 swap, or putting an eco in a pre 2000 j-body)

Keep doing what you enjoy doing, and post up your results when complete...

Thursday, April 12, 2012 12:46 PM
I want to see some video's of the cavi doing a burnout or something.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search