01 2.2 swap - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
01 2.2 swap
Monday, October 24, 2011 5:22 PM
I recently just bought an 01 2.2 5speed cavalier. I would like to do a swap in order to build a much better performance motor. Im wondering what all will need to be done/purchased in order to swap it to a 2.2 eco, preferable an 07+ eco. Thanks alot.

Re: 01 2.2 swap
Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:38 AM
Not only would searching answer your question, but this is a double post.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:12 PM
Why an 07+ eco? swaping in a cavalier (03-05) L61 eco would already be a big job, swapping in a differant eco from a newer car (cobalt, G5, etc) would most likey be harder, not sure what would all need to be done but my guess would be the complete engine, Not sure if it bolts to the cavalier tranny or not so might need to swap in the tranny from the donor car, you will already need someone to custom fab mounts for the engine so no big deal swapping a differant tranny in at the same time... now you will most likey need all the ecm, harness, probably all the gauges and switchs of the donor car, etc, pretty much you will need to swap the whole entire car into yours plus lots of fab work, etc. All that work and thats just for a stock 140-150hp motor, thats not even talking about building it or adding a turbo.
IMO, it would probably be cheaper/easier to sell your car and either buy a newer cavy with a eco or 2.4 or a newer eco car (cobalt, g5, etc...)

What is your budget/goals? that would help you decide what to do. If you dont have access to a fab shop and cant find a cheap donor car, this swap could get very expensive....

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale
Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:26 AM
Rick, I doubt this guy is even going to do a swap. This is a duplicate of a post in 3rd gen, and a quote directly from that thread:
racinjason wrote:im aware that there are many other topics already started over this but im to lazy to scroll threw and find them...

If he's too lazy to even search, I say he's probably too lazy to do a swap.

Also, if you're just too lazy to search, you're not going to get much help from anyone.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search