Possible 2.4 valve spring find - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Possible 2.4 valve spring
Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:53 AM
My installed hight with these crower springs is 1.490 and I'm comming up mathematically with coil bind clearance at .160 crower spec on these springs say 920 coil bind hight 1.550 installed hight seat preasure 74 with the installed hight at 1.490 is that to much seat preasure ? Am I gonna have valve train failure eventually?

Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:09 PM
Straight from the crower website 101lbs@1.450" These should be in the 90s at 1.49 install, which is great for high rpm applications. Not sure where you get the .160, straight from the website they are rated to .100@231lbs. .920 coil bind minus 1.49 installed height equals .570, then take the difference between .920 and minimum rated height of .100 and subtract it from .570 and you get a max lift of .490.

All Specs are right here on Crower's Website

Sunday, June 30, 2013 1:34 PM
Mine are running and working fine since the beginning of the year and driven as my daily. I gave the rotators and shims to my machinist but told him I didn't care if we ditched the rotators for something of his own design. The machinist told me he ended up making his own seats/shims because it was about the same amount of work to clean up the rotators and shims (the ones Cory gave me had too big of a diameter and needed clearancing). When I asked what he did I was told he machined something that would be stronger than the rotators on the intake side, it helped his brother runs a small industrial machine shop next door so he has access to some pretty cool stuff. He did say modding the rotators and shims would have been fine, he just went the extra mile for me. Unfortunately I never saw what he made, if the head ever comes off I will for sure take pics.

Basically the springs are working great and they are a viable option for those who can't find true HO springs and don't want/need the dual valve spring setup.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search