Pacesetter Headers install and exhaust - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Pacesetter Headers install and exhaust
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:52 PM
pyromechanic wrote:Whenever I get the chance Ill get an audio clip.. My exhaust it just the Pacesetter headers with the downpipe they provided me, the stock converter, and the Pacesetter cat-back exhaust.. Haha I need to get a new car cause it only the same diameter as the stock exhaust, which is now what is limiting the entire exhaust (no longer the stock manifold). Btw, a AEM CAI is installed too.
Cat converter* not car. And I havent had time to get an audio clip cause I needed to get it welded, everything was leaking.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:44 PM
RKsport 4-2-1 header, highflow spun cat, and vibrant muffler all on my 2001 cav z24. it has a nasty growl. but i defffanitly paid for the sound a sum of about $1200
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:21 PM
I paid a lot less than that and I have the LSJ pace setter 4-1 header (armor coated), dp, highflow spun cat, 28" Black racing resonator, 2.5" piping, and Borla Pro XS muffler. I already had the muffler. Head cost me $270 shipped or something...to have header installed and ALL other parts supplied, installed, welded, $400 total. yeah baby. Oh and its got a nice rumble to it, no rasp, sounds mean for a 4 banger.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:06 PM
Here is a video on how it sounds." target="_blank">http://youtu.be/6NSWnXKPZfQ]sounds.
Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:07 PM
Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:40 PM
no go......."this video is being processed"...

Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:05 PM
Lol it took like 2 hours for the dang video to upload.. It should be working now.
Friday, February 24, 2012 7:52 AM
not bad at all. I like how quiet it is!

ive noticed my backpressure is almost completely eliminated with the larger exhaust and components Ive now got. After a few days now since the install, the exhaust has actually gotten even deeper and sounds like a v8 in 4th at cruise speeds. I can still smell the welds and whatnot too, so thats still burning stuff off.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:07 PM
How is the header for L61? Does it flow better the then stock manifold? i have a Thermostat change coming up and i figure if they are going to pull the manifold any way i might as well have a header installed.
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:35 PM
The pacesetter header is good. Just FYI you will loose some low end torque due to it being a long tube type header. If you're boosted you wont notice it as much or all at. The blower took care of my low end torque loss.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:05 PM
thanks for the reply what kind of bolts did you use?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search