synthetic oil - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: synthetic oil
Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:32 AM
Dave Z wrote:Agree with the extended range....syythetic oil is a waste unless you either race it hard, or don't plan to change it as often.

All but my wife's car get changed twice a year, with synthetic oil and a good filter.

No problems at all.

My car requires GM dexos 1 oil. About my only reasonable option is mobil one. I won't risk having to foot the bill if the engine does fail and I didn't run synthetic.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:56 PM
I have put any number of regular and synthetic oils in my car over the years, Mobile 1, Royal Purple, Castrol and recently what ever conventional oil the local shop has. Once the new motor is broken in I will stick with synthetic, either Mobile 1 or Royal Purple. I did notice since the switch to conventional I have been using less oil between changes. Just turned 100K

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:00 PM
i grenaded a lifter with royal purple

Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:03 PM
mitdr774 wrote:
Dave Z wrote:Agree with the extended range....syythetic oil is a waste unless you either race it hard, or don't plan to change it as often.

All but my wife's car get changed twice a year, with synthetic oil and a good filter.

No problems at all.

My car requires GM dexos 1 oil. About my only reasonable option is mobil one. I won't risk having to foot the bill if the engine does fail and I didn't run synthetic.

castrol syntec is dexos compatible...

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:34 PM
Did not know. the only jugs that listed Dexos 1 compatible were the Mobil 1 synthetic (two top grades of synthetic). will have to check again before the weekend.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:22 PM
My car got Castrol Synthetic from the very first oil change and has nothing since. Also get nothing but a AC Delco oil filter as well. Every 3000 miles.

FU Tuning

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:21 AM
mitdr774 wrote:

No problems at all.

Ummm....

http://www.gmdexos.com/licensedbrands/dexos1licensedbrands.html

I'm currently using Quaker State Synthetic....good stuff-and much cheaper. Currently 3.99/qt at AAP, or 20.57/5qt jug at Wally world...

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Friday, March 16, 2012 7:22 AM
mitdr774 wrote:Did not know. the only jugs that listed Dexos 1 compatible were the Mobil 1 synthetic (two top grades of synthetic). will have to check again before the weekend.

That's okay...took me a while to find as well....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search