adjustable cam gears for ld9 - Page 20 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: adjustable cam gears for ld9
Monday, January 16, 2012 10:51 AM
lmao its a tounge twister, fool!

sally sold sea shells on the sea shore is the original.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!

Monday, January 16, 2012 1:45 PM
Saw this thread jump up and I was dissapointed to see some silly talk about sea shells.

Update on the adj cam gears? Turned down buying two turbo kits with the money I sat aside for this, next one I might not have the will power.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Friday, January 27, 2012 5:25 PM
Any update... my motor is about ready to come out... i still have the money set aside for this....

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 4:25 PM
Tax money...I mean McMoney
Sunday, February 05, 2012 9:24 AM
I'm still working on it

A preview of the new color

Sunday, February 05, 2012 5:39 PM
sweet deal...

Sunday, February 05, 2012 6:00 PM
Looks like I need to re-load paypal with the funds. Been buying all the other odds and ends I need to wrap things up.

Sunday, February 05, 2012 6:19 PM
im still ready... i'm about to yank the motor out... it took me a little longer than expected to get the acura running...

Monday, February 06, 2012 6:29 PM
Im still very ready. This is the last piece I need besides pistons! After two years of planning/saving/waiting I am almost there! Bout time I start a build thread.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 6:21 PM
i want to purchase this.... if you have some ready

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 6:38 PM
Ive got a question.......great work by the way, would you make a set in steel and if you would, how much would you charge????

Time to get it going again.....

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 8:35 PM
whats wrong with aluminum? its lighter than stock.. proven to work fine...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:15 PM
Updates?

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:56 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:whats wrong with aluminum? its lighter than stock.. proven to work fine...

Refresh my memory, who has these RUNNING on their car at the moment other than Mc?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:13 AM
paul did for about 6 months. adjusting them prolly at least 5 times... 50 something runs at the track. they work and perform perfectly.

i will bring up something that concerned he and i, though...

this past week when tearing his engine down he told me that the supplied allen head bolts for the housing to tower connection need to either be upgraded or something because he just rounded them out while trying to remove them. he actually had to weld nuts to three of them to get them all the way out.

i think he told me he torqued them to 13 INCH pounds? so they werent overly tight....

he uses quality tools and i know he's not an idiot using the wrong sizes, etc. so im thinking this IS something that needs looked at.

but hey, finding glitches and or issues is a good thing. means we can better the setup.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:59 PM
Oh ok, didnt know Paul had this setup.

I was hoping for a nice dyno more than 7hp out of these sometime soon.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:54 PM
I might have missed some info in earlier posts but, is the gear section on these new cam gears steel or aluminum ???

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:30 PM
Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:03 PM
Understood, thus retracting my initial question, thanks Z Yaaaaaa

Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:33 AM
McMoney can you upgrade these allen head bolts?.... maybe get rid of the allen to a actual hex... or swap to the black colored bolts instead of the ? what type of material is it?
Brad when you say quality tools lol I'm thinking Snap-On, Matco, Mac, Robinson, etc and I'll even throw in Craftsman at the bottom, but anything Husky, Cobalt, Stanley, Duralast, etc are junk and will round @!#$ off, and hint its a allen type bolt, and these are prone to strippin with crappy tools and the material of the bolt.
Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:37 AM
Man I was getting that these were aluminum.... If so I was gonna back down and not buy, but since there hardened still i'm ready to purchase when my tax money comes in McMoney.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:08 AM
98grandamld9 wrote:McMoney can you upgrade these allen head bolts?.... maybe get rid of the allen to a actual hex... or swap to the black colored bolts instead of the ? what type of material is it?
Brad when you say quality tools lol I'm thinking Snap-On, Matco, Mac, Robinson, etc and I'll even throw in Craftsman at the bottom, but anything Husky, Cobalt, Stanley, Duralast, etc are junk and will round @!#$ off, and hint its a allen type bolt, and these are prone to strippin with crappy tools and the material of the bolt.

yes, i know. hence why i said what i did.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:46 AM
98grandamld9 wrote:McMoney can you upgrade these allen head bolts?.... maybe get rid of the allen to a actual hex... or swap to the black colored bolts instead of the ? what type of material is it?
the funny thing is, stanley owns Mac... lol

90 % of my tools are mac, except for my electric impacts/drill which are snap on, and my main 1/2" air impact is ingrisol rand.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 12:18 PM
^^They own DEwalt now to
Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:15 PM
that they do... my mac guy is constantly selling dewalt stuff to my co-workers

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search