CAVALIER SS is on the road! - Page 5 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: CAVALIER SS is on the road!
Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:26 PM
Personally I see nothing wrong at all with people bringing up old posts by people who haven't been on this forum for years/months. I have been on this forum for over 11 years under this screen name and then on top of that another 2 years under my antique screen name. I LOVE seeing old stuff come up because A) there is a ton of good info, those of us who have been contributing for over a decade have covered time and time again and B) not all of us are on this forum every waking day of our lives so we often times miss interesting or at least slightly entertaining threads such as this one. I had never seen this thread before and although I am not interested (meaning I would have never searched for it) in anything that was posted it was worth seeing for those who might be new. The bump exposed me/new people to something I/they may have never saw before.

For those who haven't realized or for those who never saw the peak of ORG activity you should be happy NEW people are even interested in this site as it is what keeps it going. We are a dying platform and if the activity shows anything it is that it is dying rapidly. I can go months and see the same old posts in the Boost forum. There was a time when you couldn't go two hours without loosing track of threads. Old is good and sometimes refreshing to see that people are interested in things that were covered forever ago. Remember it's that past that has brought our platform from altezza tail lights being the only mods to the MANY 400+whp respectable J's regardless of platform preference.

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:09 PM
you have a point... however i still stand by my list of non-noobish ways to bring back a thread...

For everyone worried about the site getting smaller and dying... it doesn't have to... Dave has a few different platform sites in the works including gmdelta.com which covers the cobalts/g5s/ions/ and cruzes... Dave has also begun the process of merging the more "global/non topical" forums, driving traffic to all of the sites...

So for all of you worried about the death of this site (and its been more than just the post above me that has mentioned it)... go post some delta related threads on gmd and help drive traffic in over there... which will in turn allow gmd to grow, and drive traffic to all of the GME, keeping JBO alive...

Thursday, April 12, 2012 11:22 PM
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:you have a point... however i still stand by my list of non-noobish ways to bring back a thread...

For everyone worried about the site getting smaller and dying... it doesn't have to... Dave has a few different platform sites in the works including gmdelta.com which covers the cobalts/g5s/ions/ and cruzes... Dave has also begun the process of merging the more "global/non topical" forums, driving traffic to all of the sites...

So for all of you worried about the death of this site (and its been more than just the post above me that has mentioned it)... go post some delta related threads on gmd and help drive traffic in over there... which will in turn allow gmd to grow, and drive traffic to all of the GME, keeping JBO alive...

No it doesn't matter what Dave does to drive traffic here because when new people like myself get here all we find is hate or worse indifference. Makes me glad I don't have to rely on JBO.

-I drive my car to work-
Friday, April 13, 2012 4:29 AM
So why are you still here trolling if you hate this place so much?

Friday, April 13, 2012 6:48 AM
J-Bodies suck. You all drive fag cars. Sunflower. Crapalier. Ricers. Altezzas. 2.2 LOL. Z24 LOL. Buy a real car.

There, that ought to do it

Friday, April 13, 2012 8:14 AM
they are real cars... they drive, they stop, they go from point a to point b.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Sunday, April 15, 2012 9:04 AM
Brilliant call the guy who is pointing out what is wrong with JBO a troll. I don't have to explain to you why I still log in. Maybe I am hopeful this place will get better.... wait that is pretty retarded, I guess I am just trolling.

-I drive my car to work-
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search