LSJ Header - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LSJ Header
Sunday, May 06, 2012 10:56 PM
Alright, so after some research I've done I know the the lsj will bolt to the l61 head with no problems, my main concern is :

* Will it bolt to the cavalier's downpipe directly without any modifications ?

Please keep in mind i'm not looking for the power right now, im just doing my own research and might end up with another header

I have a 2004 cavalier 2.2 ecotec if that helps

2004 Ecotec, Completley Stock...For Now

Re: LSJ Header
Monday, May 07, 2012 3:45 AM
No, no header will directly bolt to the downpipe. Welding will be required.

Monday, May 07, 2012 5:19 AM
The only header that will just bolt up is the Bad Mab shorty header it seems to make decent gains over at css.net.

Another option is getting the stock lsj manifold and getting italian joe from css.net to port it.
Monday, May 07, 2012 6:10 AM
Zs Z wrote:No, no header will directly bolt to the downpipe. Welding will be required.

Exactly, but this is still the BEST route to go. Get a Pacesetter LSJ header, we keep them in stock too.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Monday, May 07, 2012 6:41 AM
Philly D, do you know from experience if the badmab will bolt up directly to the downpipe on the ecotec 2.2 car ? the only reason i am asking is because the badmab,lsj header, cobalts 2.2 & 2.4 headers are all iinterchangeable and have the same bolt pattern and similar heights and you can swap them anytime with no problems on different downpipes.

As far welding, why is it they arent interchangeable ? is the lsj header longer or shorter than oem cavy 2.2 header or what, anybody know from experience ?

The Pacesetter was one of the options I am considering actually, If anything I'll get mine from TTR

Thanks everybody for the answers

Monday, May 07, 2012 4:29 PM
It will bolt up....
Monday, May 07, 2012 9:24 PM
its not expensive to just do it right and do the whole header/exhaust.
I got the Armor Coated Pace Setter LSJ (with larger primaries) from TTR, which was my most expensive (individual) part. I paid a total of $400 to have the header installed, then they provided and installed everything else including; downpipe, hi flow spin cat (non-restrictive), 26 or 28" black racing resonator, all piping to the Boral muffler. This included the bung for the Wideband to be installed on the dp. The header was something like $280 shipped, so after that its all downhill.

true cold air intake and full exhaust, your car will thank you, it'll sound and run much better, and its better to just do it right the first time.
btw, i did this on my 04 Cavalier as well (right before installing the s/c setup )

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, May 07, 2012 11:02 PM
Thanks Philly D...

Blu04DD, I know its better done right 1st time, but im just doing some research ya know...I'm pretty familiar with cars and pretty good with modding, The cavy is my DD now, and I have an almost complete sc kit that im gonna throw on this summer just for fun and I figured id upgrade the exhaust prior to that since im planning on running a 3" pulley...

As far as true CIA, the only one ive seen was the AEM, how hard was it to couple it to the m62 ? Or does it really matter at that point with the m62 ?

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 3:52 AM
BadMab will bolt up to stock downpipe but it is not a direct replacement. You CAN NOT use it on the L61 without swapping the thermostat housing to any of the cobalt housing. now that leads to another problem. You must now modify the shift cable bracket and cut the stock ear off the transmission where it originally mounted to. How do i know this. i tried it this week. i thought i knew what i was in for a said F""k it and stayed with my l61 pacesetter. soon to be replaced with a LSJ pacesetter. oh and if you use the cobalt thermostat housing you then must redo the lower radiator hose.

if wanted i have a brand new Badmab header forsale. lol

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 5:39 AM
^^Thats good to know....you saved me!

Same as when I was told the LSJ downpipe would 100% fit lol.
Tuesday, May 08, 2012 6:29 AM
Honestly the best bang for your buck is the armor coated LSJ Pacesetter header.... your gonna need the downpipe welded up but that's it. A good exhaust shop should charge you under 100 bones to get it done, andythign more, your getting reemed, of course if you add a full exhaust, wideband bung, etc it'll be more.

Good info on the badmab, thanks Alex P!

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 5:40 PM
Priggen wrote:BadMab will bolt up to stock downpipe but it is not a direct replacement. You CAN NOT use it on the L61 without swapping the thermostat housing to any of the cobalt housing. now that leads to another problem. You must now modify the shift cable bracket and cut the stock ear off the transmission where it originally mounted to. How do i know this. i tried it this week. i thought i knew what i was in for a said F""k it and stayed with my l61 pacesetter. soon to be replaced with a LSJ pacesetter. oh and if you use the cobalt thermostat housing you then must redo the lower radiator hose.

if wanted i have a brand new Badmab header forsale. lol

This is the exact info i was looking for, thank you very much sir

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search