96 5 speed swap- passlock problems - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
96 5 speed swap- passlock problems
Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:17 AM
First let me say the car is a 96 z24, was an auto. Swapped it for a f23 and a 01 engine bay wiring harness. PLugged everything in, cranked the car over and it started and died as expected. TRied to do a relearn for passlock but noticed that the security light never started to blink. Went ahead and swapped a 99 igntion cylinder in and the security light started to blink. After 10 min it stayed solid and I tried to start the car with no luck. The light now just stays on constant.

I have also tried different clusters as well a 98 auto and a 97 5 speed both have not worked.

I also flashed the ECU with a 99 5 speed tune, (vats diabled)

Has anyone had this issue?

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/

Re: 96 5 speed swap- passlock problems
Sunday, May 27, 2012 12:03 PM
100% sure it is disabled I read a lot about people saying it was disabled when it wasn't. I had the same thing happen with a 97 I put a remote start in. After a month I gave up and took it to 3 places and after another month still couldn't get it to start with the remote. I ended up giving up. Hope you find a suction. It may help me also.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:04 AM
your problem is the 01 computer and harness is looking for a bcm that you dont have. gotta install an entire bcm harness and a bcm.

just install a 96 manual harness and computer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:06 AM

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:13 PM
I got it. Dont need to do either. The serial wire for the class 2 data connection was broken and misplaced on the PCM connector. Put a new wire in and switch the spot and bam fired right up.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 2:09 PM
Publikdstrbnce wrote:your problem is the 01 computer and harness is looking for a bcm that you dont have. gotta install an entire bcm harness and a bcm.

He wasn't using a 01 ECU, but a 98 with a 99 OS.

We found that one of the data wires (PIN 58 had to be moved to PIN 14). Then that same wire was broken, so he had to run a ne wire and bam it runs.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:17 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
Publikdstrbnce wrote:your problem is the 01 computer and harness is looking for a bcm that you dont have. gotta install an entire bcm harness and a bcm.

We found that one of the data wires (PIN 58 had to be moved to PIN 14). Then that same wire was broken, so he had to run a ne wire and bam it runs.

Lol it was quite a pain in the ass the find some of those diagrams
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:03 PM
Dave De Stefano wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:

Lol it was quite a pain in the ass the find some of those diagrams

I'm glad you did, he forwarded them to me, that goes in my collection. I had the 01 ECU pin out, but not the C100 pin outs. Good info to have.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:10 AM
I love people that know what the hell they are doing. Its so awesome. Thanks fellas.

Soon ill have some vids

Mark

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:05 AM
OverKill All The Way!!!!! wrote:I love people that know what the hell they are doing. Its so awesome. Thanks fellas.

Soon ill have some vids

Mark

Can't wait!
Saturday, June 02, 2012 6:38 PM
OverKill All The Way!!!!! wrote:I love people that know what the hell they are doing. Its so awesome. Thanks fellas.

Soon ill have some vids

Mark

LIES!
Sunday, June 03, 2012 9:01 AM
I have a 1998 cavalier z24 and it was an auto, I did a five speed swap using an 00 I swapped everything and I mean you have to change everything, the harness that runs through the flier even has to be changed because the rule evaporator is under the car by the gas tank but on the 95 to 99 the are in the passenger fender so that could be your problem, but I swapped everything, you also need to change the bcm and dash harness along with the ABS brake cylInder it is different. The List gose On your best bet is to change EVERYTHING especially because the years won't match. Hope it helps.

Sunday, June 03, 2012 9:04 AM
We already got it figured out without doing all that
Sunday, June 03, 2012 6:04 PM
Yep we sure did. Change one pin.

Mark

Sunday, June 03, 2012 6:06 PM
Which one?
Sunday, June 03, 2012 7:10 PM
jacob mahon wrote:Which one?

The right one
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search